There are 353 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
I remember this 60 yarder on a rope with no problem. Stepped into it pretty good.

https://youtu.be/dAgh4K5WfPU?t=289
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 6, 2020 at 3:03 PM ]
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Our back up QBs are hot weak armed garbage. We need to fix that eventually.

Beathard has a bigger arm than Jimmy. You clearly have forgotten.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Beathard has a bigger arm than Jimmy. You clearly have forgotten.

His release is just normal, while JGs is fast. I think Shanny keeps the Fins guessing who's the QB this week and hopefully JG just plays to surprise everyone. We could get a clue tomorrow.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Oct 6, 2020 at 4:28 PM ]
Beathard is going to show us and prove kyle why he took him in the 3rd round.
Should maybe let Nick redeem himself.At least for a quarter.
hes definitely starting if Jimmy is still injured. Mullens had three god awful TOs and panics with any sort of pass rush/blitz as well as having way too slow of a release. Nick has definitely lost all his confidence after being benched as well (looks like he had no confidence this entire game).

CJ is also the most mobile of the QBs and has a solid arm (if I'm Kyle, i would design a few QB run plays with quick slides to try to draw a 15 yard penalty). Our team is a lot better than the year CJ started 10 games. But in the end of the day, if either of these backup starts, I'd favor Miami to beat us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by scottym:

Yeah, that's what is probably going to happen.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by scottym:

Yeah, that's what is probably going to happen.

i can live with this
Originally posted by mitpdub:
His release is just normal, while JGs is fast. I think Shanny keeps the Fins guessing who's the QB this week and hopefully JG just plays to surprise everyone. We could get a clue tomorrow.

Yes that is Jimmy's truly redeeming quality: the fast release. That and his leadership. But I'm sad to say those are his only strengths. Beathard has the higher upside. But as I like to say, potential is an fart in the wind.

Were it that we could combine all three quarterbacks (minus Mullen and his Worst Interception of All Time).
Why do you think Beathard has the weak arm? He is not Brett Fav-Re, but he can sling the rock.

Originally posted by Gabberwocky:
As for what Casey Jarrett Beathard brings, recall that the last time other than yesterday that he played was many moons ago. Perhaps time on the bench has allowed him to grow in the mental side of things, and perhaps time in practice has slightly slowed the game down for him?

Your post was corrected for clarity.
I'll never forget watching Iowa vs Minnesota, and Matt Millen saying that CJ Beathard reminded him of Joe Montana. I was like, "wait, did he really just say what I thought he said?"

Beathard looked like a different player Sunday night than we saw two years ago, albeit against a soft zone. The thing that impressed me the most was his arm strength. He made some throws that neither of the other two can make - on a line to the correct guy. Also, his Hail Mary at the end of the game seemed effortless, yet it was perfect. With a little luck, Kittle grabs it or it falls into the arms of Bourne for a game-winner. It was that close.

He also is the best at escaping pressure, something we have been discussing about QBs in another thread.

Like most everyone else, I hope Jimmy is fully healthy, able to move well enough to protect himself and plays well. If he cannot, CJ is my choice
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Beathard looked like a different player Sunday night than we saw two years ago, albeit against a soft zone. The thing that impressed me the most was his arm strength. He made some throws that neither of the other two can make - on a line to the correct guy. Also, his Hail Mary at the end of the game seemed effortless, yet it was perfect. With a little luck, Kittle grabs it or it falls into the arms of Bourne for a game-winner. It was that close.

He also is the best at escaping pressure, something we have been discussing about QBs in another thread.

Like most everyone else, I hope Jimmy is fully healthy, able to move well enough to protect himself and plays well. If he cannot, CJ is my choice

Yeah, CJ can do some things when he has time to throw. I hope he gets the start on Sunday.
Originally posted by dj43:
Your post was corrected for clarity.
Why thank you. But the reference was deliberate and called back to the irrational fervor that overtook 49ers fandom back in 2017 when many foolishly considered Beathard to be the savior of the franchise. This was all the rage on the "Official" 49ers board back then. Apologies if I insulted your religious preferences.
Share 49ersWebzone