There are 309 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
cj clearly jumped mullens on the roster
I agree CJ deserves another shot. We're not at practice so we don't see wha the coaches see but if we're willing to give JG more time to develop then it's fair to see if CJ has improved.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
It's obviously cj if Jimmy can't go
I think Shanahan, if it comes down to it, wants to see if Beathard can carry over his momentum from the last game. I think regardless of who starts, they'll be on a short leash if things unravel.

Additionally, I know it may sound somewhat silly, but seeing as Mullens kind of plummeted his trade value, maybe by letting Beathard play they can boost his. Obviously that's not the reason you play someone. You're trying to win. I think they are hoping to catch Miami off guard and unprepared for some of the stuff they can run with Beathard that they simply can't do with Mullens.

The deep game, zone reads, and designed quarterback runs all come into play with Beathard. We've seen it before, and it doesn't hurt to make them have to defend a lot more.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
CJ should get the start if Jimmy can't go. Just name him already.
I admit I'm a little emotionally invested. Always loved Beathard's grit and character. Mullens is a good character too, but Beathard is a guy that you just want to pull for.

He made his share of mistakes, but I think he played a lot better in some games than he got credit for.

I'm not saying Mullens hasn't done this too, but plays like the one at 2:25 always get me up on my feet!

Originally posted by mayo49:

No don't! If and CJ will start, keep the Doll fins guessing, says I.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gabberwocky:

No don't! If and CJ will start, keep the Doll fins guessing, says I.

Fine then, I can wait until Sunday to name him.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Absolutely no one said that lol

I wasn't on this forum at the time. This transpired in the "official" 49ers message boards. This was prior to the 49ers discontinuing support of that forum.

It may, of course, been the sarcasm for most.

Edit: This is the url to the new version of the forum where this fervor transpired:

https://49ersfaithfulforum.com/

Originally it was something like forums.49ers.com, but when the 49ers media people discontinued support, the board moved to the new one.
[ Edited by Gabberwocky on Oct 7, 2020 at 10:24 PM ]

is CJ's last name a blessing or a curse?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erminion:
is CJ's last name a blessing or a curse?

Blessing - he has good bloodlines.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 8, 2020 at 3:52 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
CJ can play in spot duty but we know what kind of turn over machine he turns into when hes out there too long. Still Mullens job I think. dude had one bad game and his Oline was not helping him at all. If we benched Jimmy after one bad game he would be an afterthought by now. Mullens is still number 1 til number 1 comes back. if number 1 plays like number 2 then number 2 becomes number 1. only if number 2 (standing in for number 1) plays like number 2 will number 3 become number 1

"Who does Number 2 work for?!?"
Blessing - he has good bloodlines.

Indeed, both in football and music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_Beathard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Beathard
Stat prediction if CJ plays? 280 yds passing, 2 TDs passing, 1 TD rushing, 1 pancake block, 1 win

I do like that Kyle is forcing Miami to have to prepare for all three quarterbacks. Good luck retaining all that info Miami! Hopefully that gives some advantage.
Share 49ersWebzone