There are 341 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Beathard is not afraid to throw it down field. I think he'll target Deebo and Aiyuk down field for a couple of long completions.
CJ BEATHARD
- Made starts as a rookie and a 2nd year player.
- Faced 5 different playoff teams including two Super Bowl teams (Eagles/Rams)
- Combined record of the Beathard's opponents: 76-59-1
- A threat to run with the football and a proven accurate deep ball

NICK MULLENS
- Starts have been as a 2nd and 4th year player.
- Faced three playoff teams in his career.
- Combined record of Mullens' opponents: 55-63
- Zero threat to run with the football and no history of throwing deep

Choice seems pretty obvious to me.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 8, 2020 at 6:41 AM ]
Shanahan can't even contain his excitement about Beathard being the new primary backup lol.

"C.J. got most of the reps this week, just because Nick's gotten most of them the last three weeks. But both of those guys are going to be capable to go. Excited, if Jimmy doesn't go, for you guys to find out (who will start) on Sunday."
And now it's official, and I am actually on board: https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/140904-jimmy-garoppolo-start-against-dolphins-beathard-backup-shanahan/
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
And now it's official, and I am actually on board: https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/140904-jimmy-garoppolo-start-against-dolphins-beathard-backup-shanahan/

Shanahan was waiting for the slightest slip-up from Mullens that could be used as an excuse to reassert his chosen son as the backup and now it has finally happened. He must be delighted.
[ Edited by BumCity on Oct 9, 2020 at 2:04 PM ]
Originally posted by BumCity:
Shanahan was waiting for the slightest slip-up from Mullens that could be used as an excuse to reassert his chosen son as the backup and now it has finally happened. He must be delighted.

Yeah I am sure that's the reason.
I could've told you CJ would be the back up if Jimmy was good to go. Anyone who's not blind could've seen that.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I could've told you CJ would be the back up if Jimmy was good to go. Anyone who's not blind could've seen that.

We have two #3 Quarterbacks.
How can CJ play for a team that flys the BLM flag after what happened to his Father!!

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

+1
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Pretty much

What absolute nonsense. Who do you imagine put Mullens 2nd in line in the first place?
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Pretty much

Interesting views. Up until last week most of the zone were saying that we had two starters. How many teams, in your views, have better 2nd string qb's. And how would you define a #3?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

What absolute nonsense. Who do you imagine put Mullens 2nd in line in the first place?

I think he's saying that Mullens gave no reason for Kyle to not make him #2. Now, that he has an excuse, he can now name Beathard as his #2.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 10, 2020 at 1:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone