There are 232 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Can we move on already? This dude led the Niners to a 1-9 record a couple years back. Now he can barely move the chains after being in he system 3 years. The Dolphins D sucks. I would rather see more Mullens than CJ. I think Mullens just let his nerves get the beat of him.

Time to move on. All three QBs need to kick rocks.

Someone has gotta take the licks out there, so we still need CJ. Aaron Donald is coming. Start CJ next week, and then see where Jimmy is after that.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Can we move on already? This dude led the Niners to a 1-9 record a couple years back. Now he can barely move the chains after being in he system 3 years. The Dolphins D sucks. I would rather see more Mullens than CJ. I think Mullens just let his nerves get the beat of him.

Someone has gotta take the licks out there, so we still need CJ. Aaron Donald is coming. Start CJ next week, and then see where Jimmy is after that.

Yup, we all know Beathard and Mullens aren't world beaters. They have their flaws. The fact that our short yardage run-game has been disgustingly awful now is mind-boggling. The only different OL is Williams and he's supposed to be the strongest of them all, so what gives? Anyone holding the ball behind the OL has been getting DESTROYED back there.

We've given up TEN SACKS in the last two weeks and between Mullens and Jimmy, threw 4 interceptions in roughly five quarters of play. Last week it was Mullens getting his teeth knocked out, this week it was runners and passers both getting annihilated. Jimmy nearly got decapitated with that blindside hit and Beathard nearly had his jaw broken another time late in the game. Amazingly, he's the only one who hasn't thrown a pick yet. We are ranked fourth worst in the NFL in sacks allowed now and seem to get worse every week.

Our RBs and QBs ain't gonna do anything behind that crap and it's useless to expect much, especially out of the backups. You need an elite athlete to get away from the kind of pressure we're facing and we sure as heck don't have an RW/Mahomes/Lamar Jackson on our team. CJ Beathard hit the nail on the head when he used the term "not playing complementary football" and pointed out that unlike last year, neither unit is picking up the slack when the other falters.

The receivers weren't getting a lot of opportunities yesterday, but they also dropped a TON of passes. Kittle, Deebo, and Bourne each had at least two drops each. Aiyuk seemed to be one of the only ones consistently getting open but CJ overthrew him several times.

It sucks. CJ has the arm talent, but is the least accurate on the team. Jimmy has struggled with health in his career, inconsistency, and bonehead throws. Mullens is accurate, but makes too many poor decisions and lacks arm strength/arm talent and has zero mobility. Pair these issues with a suddenly depleted defense at DL and in the secondary and we're f**ked.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 12, 2020 at 9:40 AM ]
I know it's Grant, but uh, people like to rag on Jimmy for his inconsistent mechanics...what is this s**t

CJ be like

I know it's Grant, but uh, people like to rag on Jimmy for his inconsistent mechanics...what is this s**t

CJ be like

there's a lot more to know about football than just a record. You can't put it all on him. That defense has no pass rush.

CJ be like

Sigh. All that arm strength and no accuracy.

This just last week Donald put his whole body weight on Alex Smith while pulling him down awkwardly then says this on the side line.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-west/los-angeles-rams/video-shows-what-aaron-donald-said-after-sacking-alex-smith

I can respect a good hard hit with intent to injure but to intentionally jump on a defenseless player trying to pull him down awkwardly to break his leg again and then brag about it...If he's willing to do that to Alex he's licking his chops at the idea of going after last years division champions qbs bum ankle

I don't want to see our QB get beaten up. I want us to win against LA. But jimmy tried playing on a high ankle sprain, and it didn't work. If he's out there he can only manage to play injured, and against a guy like Donald, who seems to not mind hurting QBs, let one of our two QBs play who aren't injured. All we can accomplish with JG out there is injured play and after a few shocks from Donald, an injured QB who will remain injured the rest of the season.

So this is truly a time for CJ/Mullie, and probably both will be needed to finish the game at the qB position. This is NOT the place and certainly isn't the time to put an injured qB (JG) on the field. That is asking for catastrophe (as in a starting QB who is injured the remainder of the season.)

As for who starts vs Rams, a more important question is who is still standing to FINISH against the Rams? I just hope both guys get thru the game uninjured, and hope both show well. If one starts and does poorly, plan on seeing the other 2nd half or whatever qtr it is. But no question, whoever plays against the Rams will get a bruising on Sun.

Kyle can mitigate this by NOT calling 5 and 7 steppers, because by now he surely is aware that is risking a beating for our QB. If this game isn't all Bam- Bam passes, i will be amazed. I want both our healthy QBs to still be able to play ...after the game is over. There is nothing but running game and quick passes that i hope to see.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

CJ be like

Making that statement off one bad throw. Jimmy has done that 6-7 times.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I don't want to see our QB get beaten up. I want us to win against LA. But jimmy tried playing on a high ankle sprain, and it didn't work. If he's out there he can only manage to play injured, and against a guy like Donald, who seems to not mind hurting QBs, let one of our two QBs play who aren't injured. All we can accomplish with JG out there is injured play and after a few shocks from Donald, an injured QB who will remain injured the rest of the season.

So this is truly a time for CJ/Mullie, and probably both will be needed to finish the game at the qB position. This is NOT the place and certainly isn't the time to put an injured qB (JG) on the field. That is asking for catastrophe (as in a starting QB who is injured the remainder of the season.)

As for who starts vs Rams, a more important question is who is still standing to FINISH against the Rams? I just hope both guys get thru the game uninjured, and hope both show well. If one starts and does poorly, plan on seeing the other 2nd half or whatever qtr it is. But no question, whoever plays against the Rams will get a bruising on Sun.

Kyle can mitigate this by NOT calling 5 and 7 steppers, because by now he surely is aware that is risking a beating for our QB. If this game isn't all Bam- Bam passes, i will be amazed. I want both our healthy QBs to still be able to play ...after the game is over. There is nothing but running game and quick passes that i hope to see.

Kyle is going to have to work on a bunch of trick plays this week honestly, if we want this to be close. And Hightower needs to stop being a got-dang pansy and go for a fake punt for once in his life.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 14, 2020 at 9:36 AM ]

CJ Beathard:

Aaron Donald:

CJ be like

Look at his feet as he releases the ball. That's just awful.
Denver has gotten rid of (QB) Lynch the minute they saw no future from this guy... CJ is now in his 4th year, how long does Shanny needs to realize maybe there's another QB out there that actually is a better backup.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

CJ be like

Making that statement off one bad throw. Jimmy has done that 6-7 times.

Proof? SHouldnt be hard to find video evidence if he does it as often as you claim.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Got to let Mullens walk next year and install CJ as the #2.
Share 49ersWebzone