There are 226 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Better arm than Mullens and equally tough if he can only get rid of the ball quickly and not hold onto it. He gets to work with the starting O.

Clarify "better arm"?
(Yes, I know that CJ had a stronger arm)

I mean, where do some get comments like this..
The o-line doesn't hold up to give these qb's time to hit the deep routes..
Watch the games & you'll see this.
This sounds political.

Beathard has a better arm which means it's stronger. Period.

Where do you get making wild assumptions that I don't watch the games? Good or bad I watch every game from beginning to end. The O- line being an issue is another obvious it's not rocket science or a deep seated secret or anything else.
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Dec 22, 2020 at 12:09 PM ]
Do we have to worry about him winning games ?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Watch us win at least one of these games with Beathard, Mullens arm is probably going to be even worse after that elbow surgery

Beathard is 1-9 as a starter and his one win (while one of my favorites as a 49ers fan) was against the garbage 2017 Giants.

We have the 8-6 Cardinals and 10-4 Seahawks left, and both will have things to play for.

He does inject some life into an offense whenever he comes in mid-game but our chances of winning these last two games is about the same as with Mullens tbh.

Not saying it's going to happen but Jets beat a 9 win team and bengals beat an 11 win team with both those teams still playing for their divisions and were easily better than both the Jets and bengals. Anything can happen especially division games

Of course it could happen. It's sports. Just about anything is possible.

But starting Beathard instead of Mullens doesn't increase the chances of it IMO.
NFLN reporting that Mullens may need Tommy John surgery? CJB is gonna get the call?
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
NFLN reporting that Mullens may need Tommy John surgery? CJB is gonna get the call?

He's literally the only QB we have on the roster right now, so yes CJB getting the call. McKinnon can be a QB, but word is we're going to poach another team's practice squad because otherwise we won't have a #2 QB vs. Cards.
Originally posted by ltrain:

He's literally the only QB we have on the roster right now, so yes CJB getting the call. McKinnon can be a QB, but word is we're going to poach another team's practice squad because otherwise we won't have a #2 QB vs. Cards.
i thought Mckinnon has already been made the emergency QB?

So this is how the 49ers Josh Rosen era begins...

What happened to Josh Johnson
Originally posted by BMoore56:

COVID list.
Originally posted by BMoore56:

If he's a Niner, he's either IR or Covid...

....ayup....rona.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
"CJ looks good. Definitely as good or better than Jimmy. Let's start CJ next season."

Niners Webzone
Mullens will be out for a year at least. I'd bring back Beathard on the minimum and let him compete with the rookie for the backup spot, assuming Jimmy stays.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 26, 2020 at 3:43 PM ]
Wrong thread
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 26, 2020 at 4:23 PM ]
I'm down with Beathard+Rosen as the backups next year. QB1 is the question going forward, do we draft a QB in round 1, or look to trade Jimmy G, and then get a new QB in FA or trade (Ryan-Stafford)?
Originally posted by Furlow:
"CJ looks good. Definitely as good or better than Jimmy. Let's start CJ next season."

Niners Webzone

FQB
Share 49ersWebzone