49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 335 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Mullens will be out for a year at least. I'd bring back Beathard on the minimum and let him compete with the rookie for the backup spot, assuming Jimmy stays.

What happened to Mullens? What makes him likely to miss 2021?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Mullens will be out for a year at least. I'd bring back Beathard on the minimum and let him compete with the rookie for the backup spot, assuming Jimmy stays.

He likely needs Tommy John.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Beat-Hard! Beat-Hard!
So nice to have a qb with some wheels
Really happy for CJ getting the win. Guy gives it absolutely everything every time he gets on the field. He's not a starter but it's nice when guys like that get to have their moments.
Looks like we don't need to draft a QB, guys.

lul
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Really happy for CJ getting the win. Guy gives it absolutely everything every time he gets on the field. He's not a starter but it's nice when guys like that get to have their moments.

It was a pretty reasonable game. He just needs to improve a little in his pocket awareness and some decisions and he could well be a starter.

Keep him and Rosen for next year and draft Oline and secondary defense players.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

He likely needs Tommy John.

Ah Damn, feel bad for him, wonder what we do as far as tendering him in the offseason now, originally I thought the 2nd rd tender, but if he won't play in 2021, no way anyone will give up a draft pick for him IMO.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

Agreed
What a good game for CJ.....

Originally posted by golfish:
What a good game for CJ.....

Yes I am really happy for the guy. It has been a long time between drinks and with all he has gone through he deserves a moment in the sun. I think it was too big task to start him as a rookie in 2017 but he is looking so much better today.
CJ has legs!!!!!!!
I think he just earned a 100 million pay day.
Happy for this man. Has had it awful since his bro was murdered by some random punk in Nashville. He played with a lot of heart today. He played much better than Nick Mullens.
Played well, especially given the leaky o line on McGlinchey side. Dude made throws several of which were dropped and should have been completed. Didn't beat himself, protected the ball (fumble was bs, ball went 5 yards forward), and made the passes in the end zone. Overall he played well, won, and did his job. Much improved from his rookie year.
Share 49ersWebzone