49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 343 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
Played well, especially given the leaky o line on McGlinchey side. Dude made throws several of which were dropped and should have been completed. Didn't beat himself, protected the ball (fumble was bs, ball went 5 yards forward), and made the passes in the end zone. Overall he played well, won, and did his job. Much improved from his rookie year.

He also provides mobility that Nick doesn't have. He had one nice designed run play and another that could have picked up about 10 yards if Juice hadn't missed his block.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
Played well, especially given the leaky o line on McGlinchey side. Dude made throws several of which were dropped and should have been completed. Didn't beat himself, protected the ball (fumble was bs, ball went 5 yards forward), and made the passes in the end zone. Overall he played well, won, and did his job. Much improved from his rookie year.

He also provides mobility that Nick doesn't have. He had one nice designed run play and another that could have picked up about 10 yards if Juice hadn't missed his block.

Yup plus the missed personal foul on that run.
Beathard can be a backup next year. The good ole story that was Nick Mullens is officially done.
Beathard didn't gift wrap points to the opposing team like Mullens has, that alone makes him better. His play today is all you want from a back up, manage the game, be smart with the ball and make the plays when they're there.
Can someone tell me why Mullens was starting over this man?
Beathard stats should've been even better if not for some drops. Made money throws and didn't force any plays. Knew when to eat it when the pocket collapsed and showed nice mobility when asked to run.

Looked way better than Mullens has. And threw more touchdowns than he has in any game and NO PICKS.
One thing you can never take away from this dude, he's got guts.

Lol someone told me CJ wasn't mobile at all.
WHAT could have the season been had Shanny gave CJ this CHANCE very early...

Originally posted by 9moon:
WHAT could have the season been had Shanny gave CJ this CHANCE very early...

Exactly. Maybe an early first round playoff exit at best? We'll never know.

Turnovers is the difference between Beathard and Mullens. Beathard turned it over on a fumble today and that was it. Mullens was turning it over multiple times a game. You can't win with the type of play Mullens provides.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Turnovers is the difference between Beathard and Mullens. Beathard turned it over on a fumble today and that was it. Mullens was turning it over multiple times a game. You can't win with the type of play Mullens provides.

Oh really?

You dont think running it for 30 times and 227 yards at 7.6 avg is the difference with this game compared to others?
This kid has been through personal hell. I couldn't be more happy for him and his teammates playing their asses off for him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
This kid has been through personal hell. I couldn't be more happy for him and his teammates playing their asses off for him.

Teammates definitely want to battle with/for him. I think everyone's patience had worn beyond thin with Mullens.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:

this happens when a coach forces an issue or trying to prove that he can make any player look good..
Share 49ersWebzone