There are 773 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Oh really?

You dont think running it for 30 times and 227 yards at 7.6 avg is the difference with this game compared to others?

Week 16 Win 49ers 1 (Beathard 1) vs Cardinals 2 (+1 diff)
Week 15 Loss 49ers 4 (Mullens 3) vs Cowboys 0 (-4 diff)
Week 14 Loss 49ers 3 (Mullens 2) vs Redskins 1 (-2 diff)
Week 13 Loss 49ers 2 (Mullens 2) vs Bills 1 (-1 diff)

Numbers don't lie, homie.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Oh really?

You dont think running it for 30 times and 227 yards at 7.6 avg is the difference with this game compared to others?

Week 16 Win 49ers 1 (Beathard 1) vs Cardinals 2 ( 1 diff)
Week 15 Loss 49ers 4 (Mullens 3) vs Cowboys 0 (-4 diff)
Week 14 Loss 49ers 3 (Mullens 2) vs Redskins 1 (-2 diff)
Week 13 Loss 49ers 2 (Mullens 2) vs Bills 1 (-1 diff)

Numbers don't lie, homie.

What about our defense? Does that not matter? Cowboys we gave up 41 pts and Buffalo 34 pts.
Jeff Wilson ran for a 2.8 yard avg against the redskins vs an 8.3 avg today for Cards. Against the Cowboys a 3.8.
To make it a simple turnovers difference and CJ Beathard vs Mullins is ridiculous. Both are scrub Qb's
[ Edited by bmvanthiel on Dec 26, 2020 at 7:19 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I've always pulled for this kid ever since we drafted him. Guy is tough as nails and is a gamer. Good for him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
This kid has been through personal hell. I couldn't be more happy for him and his teammates playing their asses off for him.

Well said NC! Happy for him. I get why coach didn't start him earlier in the season. Why subject him to the beating and risk ruining him. As putrid as the offensive line has been outside of left tackle their now playing serviceable and somewhat consistent ball. And obviously I'm not including McFlinchy. RT is a real problem. I don't however understand why CJ wasn't given the start against Washington and Dallas. CJ is gonna ball out next week too. Wait and see!
You cant really be this simple minded, right?

The Cowboys, we gave up 41 pts.

What about our defense? Does that not matter? Cowboys we gave up 41 pts and Buffalo 34 pts.
Jeff Wilson ran for a 2.8 yard avg against the redskins vs an 8.3 avg today for Cards. Against the Cowboys a 3.8.
To make it a simple turnovers difference and CJ Beathard vs Mullins is ridiculous. Both are scrub Qb's

Are you hard headed? I really don't like wasting time arguing with other 49ers fans but this is the last I'll say on this subject:

First of all, the defense didn't give up 41 points to Dallas. 7 of them came from a return TD by Lamb on an onside kick. Second of all, Mullens fumbled on our own 24 which led to a Dallas TD. Third of all, Mullens threw two picks that both set Dallas up in 49ers territory (one on the 49ers 28 and the other on the 49ers 46). The defense held Dallas to a FG after the pick that set them up at the 49ers 28 and Dallas scored a TD after the other pick. Three Mullens turnovers led to 17 Dallas points. Add that to the meaningless onside kick return and you have 24 of the 41 points there. The defense didn't cost the 49ers the game against Dallas, Mullens did.

We ran for 3.4 YPC against the Rams. What happened there? We won. Why? Because Mullens only turned it over once and the 49ers won the turnover battle 4-3.

We didn't win the game today because Jeff Wilson averaged 8.3 YPC. We won because Beathard only turned it over once and Arizona turned it over twice.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I don't know what games you've been watching the last 30 years but turnover differential is the most important statistic in the NFL. You can't win games turning the ball over like Mullens was doing multiple times per game.
[ Edited by HarbaughzDeep on Dec 26, 2020 at 7:38 PM ]
What a crazy week for CJ.
So he'll back up Rosen next season....
Originally posted by 4thandlong:
So he'll back up Rosen next season....

Beathard just had a better game than any that Rosen has had in his entire NFL career thus far. I give CJ better odds of actually being on an NFL roster.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Are you hard headed? I really don't like wasting time arguing with other 49ers fans but this is the last I'll say on this subject:

First of all, the defense didn't give up 41 points to Dallas. 7 of them came from a return TD by Lamb on an onside kick. Second of all, Mullens fumbled on our own 24 which led to a Dallas TD. Third of all, Mullens threw two picks that both set Dallas up in 49ers territory (one on the 49ers 28 and the other on the 49ers 46). The defense held Dallas to a FG after the pick that set them up at the 49ers 28 and Dallas scored a TD after the other pick. Three Mullens turnovers led to 17 Dallas points. Add that to the meaningless onside kick return and you have 24 of the 41 points there. The defense didn't cost the 49ers the game against Dallas, Mullens did.

We ran for 3.4 YPC against the Rams. What happened there? We won. Why? Because Mullens only turned it over once and the 49ers won the turnover battle 4-3.

We didn't win the game today because Jeff Wilson averaged 8.3 YPC. We won because Beathard only turned it over once and Arizona turned it over twice.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I don't know what games you've been watching the last 30 years but turnover differential is the most important statistic in the NFL. You can't win games turning the ball over like Mullens was doing multiple times per game.

Hear hear. Perfectly stated, I concur

I thought everyone knew that turnovers are easily the biggest factor in winning/losing a game
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 26, 2020 at 11:43 PM ]
The running game hand offs look so weird with Mullens, and his PA fakes are really bad too.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the running game was good again with another QB.

If we bring back one of the two, let's bring back CJ over Nick.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
If we bring back one of the two, let's bring back CJ over Nick.

That's a given. I think CJ earned his roster spot for next season, whereas Nick fumbled his way out of the league.
CJ impressed me a little with some of his tight throws. About 3 of them were dropped or ripped out by the defender.
I would bring CJ back. Big arm, semi-mobile, and knows the system.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Would love to bring back Beathard to compete for a backup spot
Share 49ersWebzone