There are 867 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He looked ok against a garbage defense. If he plays next week, he might look ok again against an ok defense with the cawks
Originally posted by LVJay:
He looked ok against a garbage defense. If he plays next week, he might look ok again against an ok defense with the cawks

Seattle D was garbage when we played them but somehow, thanks to the PRETTY play calling, we turned them into ALL WORLD for a day.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Seattle D was garbage when we played them but somehow, thanks to the PRETTY play calling, we turned them into ALL WORLD for a day.

Every single one of your posts anymore revolve around Kyle lol
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Every single one of your posts anymore revolve around Kyle lol

lol.. Yah'll DIRECT me that direction.. just can't help it..

.. but that was a FACT though..
It all depends on the amount and circumstance, of course, but I do feel we should bring him back.

He's a guy that knows the offense and is well-respected on the team. He looks a bit slow in diagnosing coverages, but he can run the offense and is athletic enough for the occasional read option play or broken play.

A lot of possibilities in the offseason though. But if we move on from Jimmy, I imagine Shanahan will want to keep Beathard to ensure he has one guy that knows the offense.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love CJ - I'd love to bring him back. Got to wonder if he gets an offer he can't refuse, though.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I love CJ - I'd love to bring him back. Got to wonder if he gets an offer he can't refuse, though.

From who though? I think he has improve a lot from 2017 but I am not sure he is a starter yet. He would have to show that he can do what he did on Saturday consistently, which I think he might be able to do.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:

From who though? I think he has improve a lot from 2017 but I am not sure he is a starter yet. He would have to show that he can do what he did on Saturday consistently, which I think he might be able to do.

I don't think he'd get an offer to be a starter. Just maybe a #2 on somebody's depth chart.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 27, 2020 at 10:32 PM ]

I don't think he'd get an offer to be a starter. Just maybe a #2 on somebody's depth chart.

He will stay. I think Kyle's love for him is mutual. San Francisco is the city of love (pity about the WZ).

What he needs is some Goddam regular season action.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

He will stay. I think Kyle's love for him is mutual. San Francisco is the city of love (pity about the WZ).

What he needs is some Goddam regular season action.

Lol, yeah - got to get that action.

I'd take him on a 2 yr deal for $2M with a team option on the second year to be the backup QB to either Stafford or Wilson
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

You noticed Sherm, Kinlaw, and a few others took the day off due to injuries?

I bet they play next week... they want to beat Seattle, no doubt. I hope we tear them a new hole!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

You noticed Sherm, Kinlaw, and a few others took the day off due to injuries?

I bet they play next week... they want to beat Seattle, no doubt. I hope we tear them a new hole!

Yeah, they're playing for the #1 seed - it'll be fun to knock them out of that.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Yeah that will be a nice late Christmas gift

Yeah that will be a nice late Christmas gift

Two years in a row? To hell with that draft pick
Share 49ersWebzone