There are 692 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
He looked decent because the Cards run D was so bad it freed him up to pass the ball a little. He will probably look terrible against Seattle next week and the narrative will go back to "Beathard is awful. Rosen should be the backup next year." Funny how it changes week to week based on the results of one game.

They are backups for a reason. How many backups in the NFL are actually starter material.

LOL here you are again, arguing with literally EVERYTHING I say, even though you don't even understand the point. Where did I say either were starter material? I said the fan opinion changes week to week about who should be the number 2 QB based on whatever they did that week. Beathard looked good this week, so everyone thinks he looks like solid backup. If he sucks next week, everyone will be wanting Rosen to be the backup heading into next season.

Are you actually that dense, or do you just obsessively twist everything I say into something you can try and argue about? It's getting weird at this point.

Sheesh, somebody needs their safe space.
He looked decent because the Cards run D was so bad it freed him up to pass the ball a little. He will probably look terrible against Seattle next week and the narrative will go back to "Beathard is awful. Rosen should be the backup next year." Funny how it changes week to week based on the results of one game.

They are backups for a reason. How many backups in the NFL are actually starter material.

LOL here you are again, arguing with literally EVERYTHING I say, even though you don't even understand the point. Where did I say either were starter material? I said the fan opinion changes week to week about who should be the number 2 QB based on whatever they did that week. Beathard looked good this week, so everyone thinks he looks like solid backup. If he sucks next week, everyone will be wanting Rosen to be the backup heading into next season.

Are you actually that dense, or do you just obsessively twist everything I say into something you can try and argue about? It's getting weird at this point.

Sheesh, somebody needs their safe space.

Just get a room you two.
  • thl408
It was nice seeing the zone read again in the 49er offense. If Kyle had a QB that could be a run threat, it opens a bunch of things in the run game. The CJ run was in the 2Q (+17). The JWilson run was in the 3Q - the edge defender totally bit on the keeper (+15).
Originally posted by thl408:
It was nice seeing the zone read again in the 49er offense. If Kyle had a QB that could be a run threat, it opens a bunch of things in the run game. The CJ run was in the 2Q (+17). The JWilson run was in the 3Q - the edge defender totally bit on the keeper (+15).

The run game could be even better with a qb that can pull it down and run.
Originally posted by susweel:

Unfortunately there are like 4-5 guys on earth with the ability to pull it down and run that way, and still meet the 49ers fans' standards as a passer, and they aren't available.
If CJ beats seattle I'm gonna lose my mind. All I want is to shut these clowns up
Originally posted by susweel:

Unfortunately there are like 4-5 guys on earth with the ability to pull it down and run that way, and still meet the 49ers fans' standards as a passer, and they aren't available.

Doesn't Jackson only get like 225 yards a game through the air? You're telling cj couldn't get 200 in the air, and another 50 on the ground????
CJ gonna cement himself as the #2 going into next season with a W against the seabirds this Sunday!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
It was nice seeing the zone read again in the 49er offense. If Kyle had a QB that could be a run threat, it opens a bunch of things in the run game. The CJ run was in the 2Q (+17). The JWilson run was in the 3Q - the edge defender totally bit on the keeper

I had the same thought. That was cool to see and to think what this offense could be with the threat of a QB run. Doesnt need to be much, 2 or 3 times a game, but that would bring a nice new dimension to the offense.
CJ is going to see a much improved Seattle D. They have gotten better as the season has progressed and look like they're rounding into form just in time for the playoffs. They may not be a great D but they're respectable. Plus they're fighting for that top seed. I wouldn't have bet on that at the start of the season..

Originally posted by LVJay:
He looked ok against a garbage defense. If he plays next week, he might look ok again against an ok defense with the cawks

I don't know man, he threw for three touchdowns (with no picks) and had a handful of on-the-money throws that were just plain dropped. Cardinals are ranked Top 10 in the NFL against the pass and 9th in the NFL in Yds/Play allowed. Not to mention this was a must-win for them to solidify their playoffs chances.

Beathard had a fine performance, totaling 200+ total yards passing and rushing against a winning team with a top 10 defense & playoff aspirations. I don't expect a win this week unless our OL pass protects better, but if he looks good again, I think he certainly deserves to come back and compete for a backup job.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't know man, he threw for three touchdowns (with no picks) and had a handful of on-the-money throws that were just plain dropped. Cardinals are ranked Top 10 in the NFL against the pass and 9th in the NFL in Yds/Play allowed. Not to mention this was a must-win for them to solidify their playoffs chances.

Beathard had a fine performance, totaling 200+ total yards passing and rushing against a winning team with a top 10 defense & playoff aspirations. I don't expect a win this week unless our OL pass protects better, but if he looks good again, I think he certainly deserves to come back and compete for a backup job.

This. He deserves a chance unless he looks like dog s**t... the fact he can run is huge. Adds another dimension
Originally posted by sacniner:

This. He deserves a chance unless he looks like dog s**t... the fact he can run is huge. Adds another dimension

Nobody will be able to say he was playing a team that was mailing it in so if he looks decent, I agree they should bring him back. Naturally it's going to depend on what happens with Jimmy and whether or not they draft a QB. Even then it might be smart to bring him back since he knows the offense.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by sacniner:

Nobody will be able to say he was playing a team that was mailing it in so if he looks decent, I agree they should bring him back. Naturally it's going to depend on what happens with Jimmy and whether or not they draft a QB. Even then it might be smart to bring him back since he knows the offense.
we should part ways with all the back up qbs, time to get some fresh meat
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I think Jimmy will probably be back, and they'll draft a QB. With that said, CJ should still be back. Jimmy gets hurt a lot, so he may have to play if a potential rookie isn't ready
Share 49ersWebzone