• Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

good. never should have traded up i the first place
Bye Bye CJ Hello Minshew
Goodbye CJ. Thank you for your services. Good luck in Jax
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
What does mean for Minshew? Trade in the works?

Some sources seem to be pushing Minshew to us. Options are, after all, running out. Taking no action at all kind of makes it a bit of a giveaway that we are using #12 or higher on the position.

It depends on if the Jags plan on keeping 2 or 3 QBs on their 53. Could end up with Lawerence, Minshew and Beathard.

If the Niners take no action before the draft I still don't think it's a giveaway that they go QB in the first. They could still pick up a vet backup after the draft. I'm sure they have a couple guys they're eyeing and probably have already spoken to. If one of those guys starts drawing interest and about to sign somewhere I'm sure his agent will let the Niners know. After all, a good agent should be doing his due diligence with all parties that are interested, in order to get the best deal.
Originally posted by sf49ersfan7:
Goodbye CJ. Thank you for your services. Good luck in Jax

If Jimmy only had your durability. Good luck in Jax.
What does mean for Minshew? Trade in the works?

Some sources seem to be pushing Minshew to us. Options are, after all, running out. Taking no action at all kind of makes it a bit of a giveaway that we are using #12 or higher on the position.

Jimmy G will play every snap this year and doesn't need a backup

but we have Rosen and that other guy
[ Edited by mitpdub on Mar 24, 2021 at 10:56 AM ]
Best of luck to him in Jacksonville. Was a good soldier for SF.
David Lombardi@LombardiHimself

For those wondering about the finances of a potential 49ers' Gardner Minshew acquisition, he has 2 years left on a 6th-round rookie deal. That'd mean salary-cap hits of: 2021: $850k 2022: $965k Way cheaper than Darnold ($4.8m), and Minshew has been better than Darnold so far
Originally posted by captveg:
Best of luck to him in Jacksonville. Was a good soldier for SF.
This

Good luck!
Wish him well!

Urban Meyer clearly wants info on Shanny's scheme though.
Not sure wtf Shanny ever saw in this dude. good Luck Cj

David Lombardi@LombardiHimself

For those wondering about the finances of a potential 49ers' Gardner Minshew acquisition, he has 2 years left on a 6th-round rookie deal. That'd mean salary-cap hits of: 2021: $850k 2022: $965k Way cheaper than Darnold ($4.8m), and Minshew has been better than Darnold so far

Aw Dammit this is what I get for making fun of MinshewMania these past few years.

He'll look great enough to cause a QB controversy, but will play as expected after a game or two. I followed the Jaguars forum during that time, and his fans are something else.... Actually we've experienced something similar here, on more than one occasion. I'm guessing they will migrate over here as well.

That has been my preference all along. Having filled a lot of slots through FA, a lot of draft capital is freed to move up. Of course, I prefer Wilson but so do 20 other NFL teams.
Share 49ersWebzone