There are 247 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I agree. At the same time, if I'm the 49ers I have to ask this question:

If Jimmy Garoppolo at his BEST is not much better than Mullens at HIS best, why are we paying Jimmy around $25 million more? Could we use that to boost other areas? It's a valid question.

Definitely agree with this line of thinking and I'm a jimmy fan. It's hard to judge jimmy this season as we really don't know how bad the ankle is
Originally posted by Heroism:
Don't let Nick's performance vs Seattle fool you. It's the CJ effect all over again vs PHI. Still, Mullens should've never been demoted to QB3. He's significantly better than CJ Beathard and a pretty good backup.

If Jimmy Garoppolo at his BEST is not much better than Mullens at HIS best, why are we paying Jimmy around $25 million more? Could we use that to boost other areas? It's a valid question.

If I was the Niners, I would use Jimmy's salary to get a new center and guard. Then draft a rookie QB. Start Mullens next year until the rookie learns the playbook

With the way the salary cap is now, just being an average QB isn't gonna cut it
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Definitely agree with this line of thinking and I'm a jimmy fan. It's hard to judge jimmy this season as we really don't know how bad the ankle is

True but health is part of the equation. Fans judged Ward on his availability. They're doing the same with Ford. Jimmy's missing too many games or is at least not at full health. If we're going to beat up Ford for being hurt then Jimmy should be judged the same way.

This....

I'm not a football or QB genius, but to me it looks as if Mullens is way more "comfortable" back there than JG. JG looks skittish, confused, frantic. Mullens looks confident, more decisive as to where the ball needs to go and seems to not mind actually throwing the ball downfield. Call me crazy but I'm hopeful and looking forward to seeing him play against GB.
  • bvc49
  • Veteran
Play BDN until a real QB is found. Jimmy is broken and lost his sack. Time to move on.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
True but health is part of the equation. Fans judged Ward on his availability. They're doing the same with Ford. Jimmy's missing too many games or is at least not at full health. If we're going to beat up Ford for being hurt then Jimmy should be judged the same way.

Ya I'm not one that is mad at Ford being hurt or blaming the FO that we traded for him. Ford is elite when he's on the field it's unfortunate that he's injury prone but that's not always a guys fault. It's really too bad the NFL doesn't do a long term IR for injured players imo because then a guy like Dunlap could have been feasible for us this year
Originally posted by bvc49:
Play BDN until a real QB is found. Jimmy is broken and lost his sack. Time to move on.
See "David Carr" in the dictionary.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Don't let Nick's performance vs Seattle fool you. It's the CJ effect all over again vs PHI. Still, Mullens should've never been demoted to QB3. He's significantly better than CJ Beathard and a pretty good backup.

Facts. But too late. So many already fooled...again.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 2, 2020 at 9:32 AM ]
Mullens for starting QB
Originally posted by rxrunner:
Mullens for starting QB
remember how it went last time ?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Mullens for starting QB

Healthy Mullens >> hobbled jimmy

All day every day
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Mullens for starting QB

All day every day
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Mullens for starting QB

All day every day

thats because of the pressure and people blowing smoke up his ass.

Now that everyone acknowledges that he sucks and will be a stopgap for our next QB, he can probably be a decent QB like Shaun Hill.

He had the best game as a Niner starter this year. And Jimmy has had the worst. Roll with Mullens.
Mullens looks great when the game is already over.
Share 49ersWebzone