There are 264 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49Fever:
He'll have an eight game audition
it's now or never for him...

I'm assuming if he has some repeat Eagle game performances, he may not last 8 games. CJ will then have to strut his stuff.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FranchisePoster:
Yeah CJ is the best guy to tank. Trade Mullens for a 4th or 5th. Mullens can actually win games. Beathard doesn't win games

Not realistic. You need atleast two QB's for the Thursday night game and because of the Covid protocols you wouldn't be able to sign a backup QB in time for the game.
Yeah CJ is the best guy to tank. Trade Mullens for a 4th or 5th. Mullens can actually win games. Beathard doesn't win games

Who the f**k is giving a 4th or 5th for Mullens noodle arm?
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

maruchan ?
Damn, this is the kind of risk taking we need. Let's go Nicky, get us to the playoffs

Originally posted by sacniner:
Damn, this is the kind of risk taking we need. Let's go Nicky, get us to the playoffs

JG does a lot of spinning around and getting sacked in those situations.
Perfect QB to tank the season I guess

Would prefer to see Beathard though. He might actually be a good backup QB for the future.

This is all I could think about when you said noodle arm lol

Originally posted by RobMyThoughts:

lol Shaun Mullens.

Mullens has had 1 really bad game but has had some decent games.

How many decent games has CJ had? He was beat out by Mullens for a reason and Shanahan has gone back to Mullens twice now.

Yeah I was saying this yesterday. Seattle did not stop playing hard on defense. Heck Pete Carroll even called a timeout to make sure his defense didn't lose focus. Remember he hates the 49ers and there has never been a time in Carroll's coaching career that he has showed mercy to his opponents. I was a USC fan because of his merciless approach.

Btw it is only one poster on here that has been saying over and over again than Seattle totally backed off and showed mercy to the 49ers offense with Mullens at QB. Again he apparently doesn't know Pete Carroll.
Playoffs being expanded to 8 teams?

Mullens time
I went back and watched the highlights from Nick's two games this year and I thought he actually played pretty well. He had a couple of miscues in the Philly game but generally speaking he was making good decisions and getting the ball out to his receivers. He also played really well in the game against Seattle a couple of years ago which I see is referenced above. Injuries to the starters are killing this team but he was out there making throws to Dwelley, Taylor. Bourne and Aiyuk handing the ball off to McKinnon and making it all look pretty easy. Wilson and Metcalf are a killer combination which any defense will have trouble slowing down. Rodgers and Adams are no slouches either but Rodgers isn't nearly as elusive as Wilson and we have already kicked their asses twice in a row and we have them at home. Call me an optimist but I don't think a 49er win on Thursday is out of the question at all. Go Niners!!
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by RobMyThoughts:

lol Shaun Mullens.

prolly too young to remember ken dorsey
With Kittle down and Deebo out, we need as much *potential* playmakers as possible on the field.

So it seems like Jordan Reed is going to play Thursday, but I also hope Kevin White is finally used. I don't know what the f**k that other new guy was activated for...and we didn't even use him.

Aiyuk
White/Bourne
Reed
Dwelley
Juice
Hasty out of the backfield.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 2, 2020 at 10:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone