There are 237 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Mullens can execute the game plan KYLE put together for the Rams or Patriots. Nothing major was asked of Jimmy and he didn't make the head scratching pick (actually he had one at NE).

If Mullens makes good decisions and takes calculated shot downfield, they have a good shot against GB. But need to establish some sort of running game.

He won't need to pass much vs the Packers. Hasty about to have his 1st 100+ yard rushing game.
Originally posted by DJamhour:
Originally posted by jcs:
So you want a complete rebuild huh?

That's where our understanding of a complete rebuild is off. If jimmy was a top 10 or even 15qb then sure that's dumb. But he's not even in the top half of qbs in the league. Everything has to be almost perfect for him to win consistently. Even if Jimmy is our QB next year, we aren't winning a superbowl because he can't consistently make great plays throughout a game. He always has a couple 2-3 big mistakes a game. I don't trust him and doesn't seem like Kyle fully does either.

LOL he is in the top 4 in regard to win percentages.

But these comments need to be in the JG thread.
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Mullens can execute the game plan KYLE put together for the Rams or Patriots. Nothing major was asked of Jimmy and he didn't make the head scratching pick (actually he had one at NE).

If Mullens makes good decisions and takes calculated shot downfield, they have a good shot against GB. But need to establish some sort of running game.

Yep and Mullens has all the weapons at his disposal with a rookie RB and WR and Bourne. Yehaaaaaa lets go lol
Let's see what you got Mullens. You can make some solid money in the next couple of months.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Just hope we get lucky and something clicks and he becomes a beast. A man can hope.
Sup Nick?! Go get them Champ!

*pushes Nick forward*
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 4, 2020 at 8:18 PM ]
Complete rebuild huh...for a team that was in the Superbowl last year? For a team who's avg age is under 30?

Go back to your madden.

Lol you still think your Jimmy is a Franchise QB. He's barely middle of the pack league. I'll take that 25m elsewhere

Losing JG isn't a complete rebuild. Thats what hes suggesting.
Mullens to Cracraft
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Complete rebuild huh...for a team that was in the Superbowl last year? For a team who's avg age is under 30?

Go back to your madden.

Lol you still think your Jimmy is a Franchise QB. He's barely middle of the pack league. I'll take that 25m elsewhere

Starting over with a rookie qb is rebuilding
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Mullens could hold things down in '21 with a rookie QB waiting in the wings.

Go back to your madden.

That is just emphatically not true. In the modern era there have multiple teams that were ready to win and added a blue chip QB prospect and were contenders right away and won the super bowl in short order. Steelers with Ben, Seahawks with Wilson, Most recently KC and the Baltimore...and that is just off the top of my head.
Feel bad for this guy. He gets another shot at starting and now our all-pro LT is out...

Not to mention our top playmakers. I just hope some of you guys remember that before digging him too hard.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Feel bad for this guy. He gets another shot at starting and now our all-pro LT is out...

Not to mention our top playmakers. I just hope some of you guys remember that before digging him too hard.

What you mean? Money Mullens gonna be dropping dimes to himself
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Go back to your madden.

That is just emphatically not true. In the modern era there have multiple teams that were ready to win and added a blue chip QB prospect and were contenders right away and won the super bowl in short order. Steelers with Ben, Seahawks with Wilson, Most recently KC and the Baltimore...and that is just off the top of my head.

So the key is to land a future Hofer as a rookie....you get how unrealistic that is? Most first round QB's fail or can take nearly half a decade to develop into a playoff winner if they ever get there.

By the way Baltimore didn't start Jackson year 1 and KC didn't start Mahomes year 1 either. Now Mahomes is looking to have a Hofer trajectory in his career but Jackson is still up in the air and could go the way other scramblers have like Newton or Kap.
[ Edited by jcs on Nov 5, 2020 at 2:11 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Go back to your madden.

So the key is to land a future Hofer as a rookie....you get how unrealistic that is? Most first round QB's fail or can take nearly half a decade to develop into a playoff winner if they ever get there.

By the way Baltimore didn't start Jackson year 1 and KC didn't start Mahomes year 1 either. Now Mahomes is looking to have a Hofer trajectory in his career but Jackson is still up in the air and could go the way other scramblers have like Newton or Kap.

All of this. These dudes talking about just letting Jimmy walk or trading him, and rolling with Mullens and a rookie next year - while we have a Super Bowl caliber roster right now is insane. Yes it COULD work, but the chances are very low.

And you know if we did that, and traded Jimmy to say New England - that if we sucked and NE balled out, they'd be the first ones calling for Lynch's head. Lol.
Share 49ersWebzone