There are 232 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Mad I'm at work and am going to miss the game, but on the other hand I dont have to be sitting there in front of the tv pissed off yelling at it when the circus starts
  • Jiks
Little Wee Wee Nicholas
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Mad I'm at work and am going to miss the game, but on the other hand I dont have to be sitting there in front of the tv pissed off yelling at it when the circus starts

I can't watch.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I can't watch.

If you were watching you would not be saying Mullens will be our starter in 2021
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:

I can't watch.

If you were watching you would not be saying Mullens will be our starter in 2021

I know - I'm just talking out of my ass.
Oh sure this guy can hold the fort until a rookie learns the system...

[ Edited by JoseCortez on Nov 5, 2020 at 6:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by DJamhour:
Complete rebuild huh...for a team that was in the Superbowl last year? For a team who's avg age is under 30?

Go back to your madden.

Lol you still think your Jimmy is a Franchise QB. He's barely middle of the pack league. I'll take that 25m elsewhere

So you want a complete rebuild huh?

Losing JG isn't a complete rebuild. Thats what hes suggesting.

Starting over with a rookie qb is rebuilding

That is just emphatically not true. In the modern era there have multiple teams that were ready to win and added a blue chip QB prospect and were contenders right away and won the super bowl in short order. Steelers with Ben, Seahawks with Wilson, Most recently KC and the Baltimore...and that is just off the top of my head.

So the key is to land a future Hofer as a rookie....you get how unrealistic that is? Most first round QB's fail or can take nearly half a decade to develop into a playoff winner if they ever get there.

By the way Baltimore didn't start Jackson year 1 and KC didn't start Mahomes year 1 either. Now Mahomes is looking to have a Hofer trajectory in his career but Jackson is still up in the air and could go the way other scramblers have like Newton or Kap.

All of this. These dudes talking about just letting Jimmy walk or trading him, and rolling with Mullens and a rookie next year - while we have a Super Bowl caliber roster right now is insane. Yes it COULD work, but the chances are very low.

And you know if we did that, and traded Jimmy to say New England - that if we sucked and NE balled out, they'd be the first ones calling for Lynch's head. Lol.

The QB prospects coming out this year are really good. We're probably landing a top 10 pick, time to face reality. We can use that pick to get our FQB and we'll still have a great roster, but at the same time we will also have a good QB that is much more capable than what we currently have. Zach Wilson or Trey Lance, etc.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by DJamhour:
Complete rebuild huh...for a team that was in the Superbowl last year? For a team who's avg age is under 30?

Go back to your madden.

Lol you still think your Jimmy is a Franchise QB. He's barely middle of the pack league. I'll take that 25m elsewhere

So you want a complete rebuild huh?

Losing JG isn't a complete rebuild. Thats what hes suggesting.

Starting over with a rookie qb is rebuilding

That is just emphatically not true. In the modern era there have multiple teams that were ready to win and added a blue chip QB prospect and were contenders right away and won the super bowl in short order. Steelers with Ben, Seahawks with Wilson, Most recently KC and the Baltimore...and that is just off the top of my head.

So the key is to land a future Hofer as a rookie....you get how unrealistic that is? Most first round QB's fail or can take nearly half a decade to develop into a playoff winner if they ever get there.

By the way Baltimore didn't start Jackson year 1 and KC didn't start Mahomes year 1 either. Now Mahomes is looking to have a Hofer trajectory in his career but Jackson is still up in the air and could go the way other scramblers have like Newton or Kap.

All of this. These dudes talking about just letting Jimmy walk or trading him, and rolling with Mullens and a rookie next year - while we have a Super Bowl caliber roster right now is insane. Yes it COULD work, but the chances are very low.

And you know if we did that, and traded Jimmy to say New England - that if we sucked and NE balled out, they'd be the first ones calling for Lynch's head. Lol.

The QB prospects coming out this year are really good. We're probably landing a top 10 pick, time to face reality. We can use that pick to get our FQB and we'll still have a great roster, but at the same time we will also have a good QB that is much more capable than what we currently have. Zach Wilson or Trey Lance, etc.

We can draft a QB top 10 and still keep Jimmy. Why suffer through an entire season of QB play like tonight just so we can sign a couple extra position players?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Mullens is terrible - I thought he had improved.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 5, 2020 at 7:11 PM ]
Mullens is terrible - I thought he was improved.

he is just good when people are open, when he has to throw someone open or put it on a tight window its over...

Career backup. Just what he is. Not a QB1, not a bridge QB. Pure backup.
Looking forward to seeing the Jimmy apologists apply the same excuses for Mullens all week. Can only assume that people will want to be fair right?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Looking forward to seeing the Jimmy apologists apply the same excuses for Mullens all week. Can only assume that people will want to be fair right?

Those excuses should be lead by you. Since any qb can do it
He will be bagging groceries next year
Please let him finish the year out.
Share 49ersWebzone