There are 226 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Goatie:
I think it time the 49ers move on from Mullens. He is not reliable. Misses too many deep passes and throws too many picks and doesnt throw it away enough and gets sacked.

I doubt CJ would have fared any better considering the circumstances.

I think it time the 49ers moved on from C.J. He is not reliable. Misses too many deep passes and throws too many pickes and doesn't throw it away enough and gets sacked.
Originally posted by NCommand:
So, no Championship?

It is a rebuild year when we are trying to tank to get the 1st or 2nd draft pick. We are going to trade all our good healthy players to the Jets to make sure.
Originally posted by Goatie:
I think it time the 49ers move on from Mullens. He is not reliable. Misses too many deep passes and throws too many picks and doesnt throw it away enough and gets sacked.

Mullens did have a few nice passes, but...........unfortunately they were to the other team.
I really wanted, and still do to some effect, to see Mullins in an expanded role but I feel like I've seen enough. Like him as a backup but not as a franchise starter.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I don't want Darnold - he's no better than Mullens and Beathard.

I suppose it's a bit funny and I'm sure Darnold has more physical talent than both of them.

But for all we know it's not untrue production wise. The NFL was, is, and will be virtually littered with first round picks at QB who were busts. There's a reason why even as first round picks guys like Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles struggled with their first team and never got better or became starters even with a change of scenery.

I'm not all that surprised that Darnold hasn't exactly panned out. I mean I'm no expert but he seemed to regress a tad his last year at USC and came out the same year. At best one might say Darnold is no better than Jimmy as he clearly hasn't shown he's a QB who's going to elevate a roster to at least a slightly higher level. Yet there are people who think he might be an interesting replacement for Jimmy G.
So, no Championship?

We have won the 2020 IR/Covid-19 Bowl.

Champs baby.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
So, no Championship?

We have won the 2020 IR/Covid-19 Bowl.

Champs baby.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Need to find a qb with a chip on his shoulder. These high draft picks end up being busts

It's not Darnold's fault that he's a Jet lol

I suppose it's a bit funny and I'm sure Darnold has more physical talent than both of them.

But for all we know it's not untrue production wise. The NFL was, is, and will be virtually littered with first round picks at QB who were busts. There's a reason why even as first round picks guys like Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles struggled with their first team and never got better or became starters even with a change of scenery.

I'm not all that surprised that Darnold hasn't exactly panned out. I mean I'm no expert but he seemed to regress a tad his last year at USC and came out the same year. At best one might say Darnold is no better than Jimmy as he clearly hasn't shown he's a QB who's going to elevate a roster to at least a slightly higher level. Yet there are people who think he might be an interesting replacement for Jimmy G.

I'd like to see a physically talented QB with Kyle running this team

You're right and wrong.
He is no better than Mullens and Beathard now except he IS better at turning the ball over
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 6, 2020 at 5:24 AM ]

Originally posted by RonMexico:

I'd like to see a physically talented QB with Kyle running this team
Well you have one. Not elite by any means. But he wasn't a second round pick because he only had average physical ability.

Darnold's talent isn't elite by any means either, imo. He's probably the third most talented QB in his division unless Cam Newton is just a shell of himself. I guess results wise he is.
Originally posted by elguapo:

You're right and wrong.
He is no better than Mullens and Beathard now except he IS better at turning the ball over

You see the game last night? Mullens wasn't exactly sharp. I liked the part when he was getting sacked and floated the ball in the air.
So, no Championship?

We just need a little more time to gel
That pick in the 2nd qtr was pathetic.
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
So, no Championship?

We just need a little more time to gel

Share 49ersWebzone