There are 223 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's a backup and always will be a backup. You can only do so much when you are slow footed, have a weak arm and are only about 6'1".
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Trading for Darnold is sounding better by the day.

Rather trade for a top rookie, not another failed qb project

That's cool remember Steve Young in Tampa though.

I do, I do remember a lot of other trades that flopped. We are going to need our picks to move up in the draft
Move up in the draft to do what?

To get the best rookie qb. My point is I rather trade for the best rookie than project Darold
Bro when this team's offensive players get healthy they will easily be competitive and will win at least 2- 3 more games. That will set up at least 7- 9 teams that need QBs ahead of them. With what's going on I don't see them selling off half the draft to draft the 4th or 5th best QB. So no, I disagree with you. I hope I am so right.

Highly doubt we end up 7-9. We'll end up 5-11 or 6-10 at best. I'd rather them leapfrog everyone and trade next years 1st and something else to get one of the top prospects. A good QB would be worth that price.
Oh, I meant there will be about 7 - 9 teams ahead of us needing to draft QBs but with all the parts back 6 and 10 and maybe 7 and 9 is not unrealistic.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Trading for Darnold is sounding better by the day.

Rather trade for a top rookie, not another failed qb project

That's cool remember Steve Young in Tampa though.

I do, I do remember a lot of other trades that flopped. We are going to need our picks to move up in the draft
Move up in the draft to do what?

To get the best rookie qb. My point is I rather trade for the best rookie than project Darold
Bro when this team's offensive players get healthy they will easily be competitive and will win at least 2- 3 more games. That will set up at least 7- 9 teams that need QBs ahead of them. With what's going on I don't see them selling off half the draft to draft the 4th or 5th best QB. So no, I disagree with you. I hope I am so right.

Highly doubt we end up 7-9. We'll end up 5-11 or 6-10 at best. I'd rather them leapfrog everyone and trade next years 1st and something else to get one of the top prospects. A good QB would be worth that price.
Oh, I meant there will be about 7 - 9 teams ahead of us needing to draft QBs but with all the parts back 6 and 10 and maybe 7 and 9 is not unrealistic.
i'm not asking for the 4th/5th best QB, i said the best rookie QB A #1. Why waste our time with Darnold when he could be released after 2021
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Looking forward to seeing the Jimmy apologists apply the same excuses for Mullens all week. Can only assume that people will want to be fair right?

Those excuses should be lead by you. Since any qb can do it

Nope. I dont make excuses..

The line was terrible but Nick was equally terrible.

LOL

Glad you think its funny. I dont know where you are getting the opinion that I should be leading the excuse brigade, as that isnt something I have done in the Jimmy thread or any other QB thread.

Mullens had awful circumstances surrounding him, but he still played awful.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He's a backup and always will be a backup. You can only do so much when you are slow footed, have a weak arm and are only about 6'1".

And he is a decent backup. I want CJ to get a start or two to see what we have. He hasn't played a full game since 2018.
Looking forward to seeing the Jimmy apologists apply the same excuses for Mullens all week. Can only assume that people will want to be fair right?

Those excuses should be lead by you. Since any qb can do it

Nope. I dont make excuses..

The line was terrible but Nick was equally terrible.

LOL

Glad you think its funny. I dont know where you are getting the opinion that I should be leading the excuse brigade, as that isnt something I have done in the Jimmy thread or any other QB thread.

Mullens had awful circumstances surrounding him, but he still played awful.
ok ok, i might have mistaken you on a opinion that any QB can be inserted and will be fine.

I guess in this instance, the result was the same
Originally posted by raywm3:
I really wanted, and still do to some effect, to see Mullins in an expanded role but I feel like I've seen enough. Like him as a backup but not as a franchise starter.

Whether we like it or not, we are going to see him in an expanded role. The good news is, that with only one game in the next 23 days, the OL will get healthier to give him better protection. Also, having Deebo and Aiyuk back will allow for a better evaluation of him.

I've watched a LOT of 49er football over the years and have never seen a game when there was a weaker supporting cast around the QB than last night. That is not to say Mullens will turn out to be great but it will allow us to see him after having consecutive weeks getting all the snaps with healthy players and a full game plan to work with.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
That pick in the 2nd qtr was pathetic.

Agreed that was truly pathetic. I can give him a slight pass for the first one like Aikman was doing on the telecast. Neither were acceptable, but the 2nd one was just god awful.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Nov 6, 2020 at 9:19 AM ]
Nick Mullens is so upset with himself. He lost milliions, potentailly tens of millions by playing so bad last night. That second interception had 3 packers there, he was committeI pre snap.

I predicted the Niners would sign him to a 1st round RFA tender. Now I think they will let him walk or maybe go second round tender.... He is no way no how a franchise qb. The Chico Boy Aaron Rodgers put on a clinic last night on doing everything right.
  • thl408
I never thought of Mullens as an answer to any QB situation besides 'backup QB', but in his defense he was throwing to depth players last night.

CJ played better 2 years ago vs Rodgers in Green Bay.
Originally posted by 951NINER:

and has played worst in every game since. CJ isn't the answer.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Is the answer even on the roster at the moment?
Originally posted by miked1978:

Is the answer even on the roster at the moment?

Nope
Originally posted by thl408:
I never thought of Mullens as an answer to any QB situation besides 'backup QB', but in his defense he was throwing to depth players last night.

And being protected by depth players. Anybody expecting more from him last night really need to understand that any chance of winning would be from the defense
Share 49ersWebzone