There are 208 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Give Josh Johnson a chance at least.
I say we swap mullens and beathard in and out. Neither of them can put together a full game. Maybe we can get half a good game out of each and win
Cost us another game. Philly and now this one. Thanks for the better draft position
pull the plug on Mullens, between him and a hurt Jimmy not able to throw past 10 yards Im getting sick of it. Kyle can only disguise so many run plays before they did what they did to us today and shut us down completely. I hope CJ starts. putting dude in for one play on a long ball then pulling him is ridiculous.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Give Blaine Gabbert a chance while you are at it.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Mullen's is not the QB savior, but he gave it his all. The Drew Brees sack that was called a penalty swung the game momentum around. The hit Mullen's took could've put him on a concussion protocol.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Well Mullens is the guy now for better or worse. Lets see him play with guys who aren't River RiverCroft

Ummm there is another QB on the roster that's yet to get a start this season. A couple more bad games and Mullens is getting pulled.
Thing is Beathard holds the ball way too long and has zero to no mobility.

Yes he does hold on the ball a little too long but he actually has mobility....a lot more than Mullens and Jimmy.

Nope!
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Nov 16, 2020 at 4:37 AM ]
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's a backup. People need to relax and reel in your expectations. Most teams backups are trash. DId you guys see Jameis Winston?

Honestly Winston would be a good pickup for the backup job behind jimmy next year or with a rookie. Guy has arm talent
Guy is another trashy QB. Threw it right at Ward and of course scissor hands dropped it.

• kray28
  • Veteran
I think we have established by now that Mullens is not really a starting caliber QB in this league. His skillset is just too limited and he gets exposed behind what has to be one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league right now.

Beathard is worse.

I think the Niners should sign Kap and let him finish the season for us.
[ Edited by kray28 on Nov 16, 2020 at 5:17 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
I think we have established by now that Mullens is not really a starting caliber QB in this league. His skillset is just too limited and he gets exposed behind what has to be one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league right now.

Beathard is worse.

I think the Niners should sign Kap and let him finish the season for us.

No, kap.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Kap is actually an NFL caliber QB...can be had for basically nothing. But we know that the Niners are no better than the Cowboys (who also need a QB, but won't sign Kap because Jerrah loves Trump) and will play BS politics instead of trying to win.

We cannot win with the QBs we have right now.
Originally posted by kray28:
Kap is actually an NFL caliber QB...can be had for basically nothing. But we know that the Niners are no better than the Cowboys (who also need a QB, but won't sign Kap because Jerrah loves Trump) and will play BS politics instead of trying to win.

We cannot win with the QBs we have right now.

Actually, kap can't be had for basically nothing. Pretty well documented that he turned down job offers because of his perceived worth.

Kap wants starter money.....the primary reason he's not on a roster
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Nov 16, 2020 at 5:49 AM ]
Flaccid
Share 49ersWebzone