There are 258 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kray28:
I think we have established by now that Mullens is not really a starting caliber QB in this league. His skillset is just too limited and he gets exposed behind what has to be one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league right now.

Beathard is worse.

I think the Niners should sign Kap and let him finish the season for us.

yes lets try to win more games in a lost season and f**k up the draft as well as next years salary cap...brilliant idea.
I think or predict that the Niners will let Mullens and Beathard walk in FA. The lack of interest will be humbling for the WZ and the players. If the Practice Squad still allow for veterans there is a good chance both are practice squad players for other teams.

My prediction is the team will keep Jimmy G. They win with him. The team will then draft a QB in round 1 and let him sit behind Jimmy G until Jimmy G gets hurt.

Just my prediction
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think or predict that the Niners will let Mullens and Beathard walk in FA. The lack of interest will be humbling for the WZ and the players. If the Practice Squad still allow for veterans there is a good chance both are practice squad players for other teams.

My prediction is the team will keep Jimmy G. They win with him. The team will then draft a QB in round 1 and let him sit behind Jimmy G until Jimmy G gets hurt.

Just my prediction

Not enough money for that with the cap going down I think. If we spend first round draft capital on a QB and keep Mullens to help teach the kid and hold down the back up spot, we have money to retain who we want from the secondary and maybe find an upgrade for the interior O-line. We keep Jimmy, we need OL. QB Edge and Corner in the draft and that is just too many holes. Would be different if the Covid hadn't tanked the cap, a health Jimmy with this roster healthy even as diminished as Jimmy is from his peak potential is still a superbowl contender, but there is going to be too many mouths to feed with too little food on the table and Jimmy eats a portion to big for what he is worth.
Kap is actually an NFL caliber QB...can be had for basically nothing. But we know that the Niners are no better than the Cowboys (who also need a QB, but won't sign Kap because Jerrah loves Trump) and will play BS politics instead of trying to win.

We cannot win with the QBs we have right now.

Kap is a professional victim/protestor now. Let it go.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Kap is actually an NFL caliber QB...can be had for basically nothing. But we know that the Niners are no better than the Cowboys (who also need a QB, but won't sign Kap because Jerrah loves Trump) and will play BS politics instead of trying to win.

Actually, kap can't be had for basically nothing. Pretty well documented that he turned down job offers because of his perceived worth.

Kap wants starter money.....the primary reason he's not on a roster

No it isnt.

But I dont believe this team is in the position to bring in Kap. Theres no need really. Just finish off the season, draft a QB, and move forward.
I think we have established by now that Mullens is not really a starting caliber QB in this league. His skillset is just too limited and he gets exposed behind what has to be one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league right now.

Beathard is worse.

I think the Niners should sign Kap and let him finish the season for us.

I have no idea why this take continues to be given 4 years later and counting. Weird how a lot of people don't seem to realize the fact a guy like LJ is trending almost identically, just a year after being the friggin MVP, the same direction Kap did after catching lightning in a bottle for a couple years.
Mullens is a hell of a backup qb. But isn't a starting qb. He will have a long nfl career though.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Actually, kap can't be had for basically nothing. Pretty well documented that he turned down job offers because of his perceived worth.

Kap wants starter money.....the primary reason he's not on a roster

No it isnt.

But I dont believe this team is in the position to bring in Kap. Theres no need really. Just finish off the season, draft a QB, and move forward.

Yeah it is lol.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24393172/john-elway-colin-kaepernick-had-chance-denver-broncos-passed

https://theblast.com/113081/colin-kaepernick-turns-down-xfl-offer-after-they-didnt-meet-his-
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's a backup. People need to relax and reel in your expectations. Most teams backups are trash. DId you guys see Jameis Winston?

Honestly Winston would be a good pickup for the backup job behind jimmy next year or with a rookie. Guy has arm talent
Guy is another trashy QB. Threw it right at Ward and of course scissor hands dropped it.

Even when it's right in his hands Ward can't come up with an INT to save his life.
Mullens is terrible when blitzed. Doesn't recognize it and gets pounded for it.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 951NINER:

lets try to get a 7th for him,,, he is terrible.. cj is not much better,,,,, again find a way to restructure and keep jimmy. get a qb at the third pick , yesterday i said well keep cj and trade nick.. f**k the both of them,
Originally posted by cciowa:

lets try to get a 7th for him,,, he is terrible.. cj is not much better,,,,, again find a way to restructure and keep jimmy. get a qb at the third pick , yesterday i said well keep cj and trade nick.. f**k the both of them,

Kinda sucks when a lot of us thought Nick could be a decent back up on this team. I'm not so sure anymore.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Kinda sucks when a lot of us thought Nick could be a decent back up on this team. I'm not so sure anymore.

last year i was actually saying with a straight face... we have a very very good back up in nick who can go out and win some games and not hurt us,.,. jesus cc. you dumb piece of s**t
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Mullens is a hell of a backup qb. But isn't a starting qb. He will have a long nfl career though.

McOwn is 41 an has made 48 million dollars being a career back up. i think Mullens should shoot to be a career backup. I can mentor the qb room, I am good in a pinch.
Mullens actually identifies blitzes presnap pretty well. I have no idea what happened yesterday. He looked clueless.
Share 49ersWebzone