There are 263 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Guy looked shook on the field yesterday all game after getting that 1st big hit

Yeah, disapointed in how bad he turned out to be.

There may be a correlation between the size of his duck lips and how shook he is.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by kray28:
Kap is actually an NFL caliber QB...can be had for basically nothing. But we know that the Niners are no better than the Cowboys (who also need a QB, but won't sign Kap because Jerrah loves Trump) and will play BS politics instead of trying to win.

We cannot win with the QBs we have right now.

Actually, kap can't be had for basically nothing. Pretty well documented that he turned down job offers because of his perceived worth.

Kap wants starter money.....the primary reason he's not on a roster

No it isnt.

But I dont believe this team is in the position to bring in Kap. Theres no need really. Just finish off the season, draft a QB, and move forward.
This.

Draft a QB or bust in 2021.

LOL Yeah, nah

Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Mullens is only good when he comes in for the injured starter and when he starts 1 game. Anything after that he gets figured out and gets worse with more reps. Oh and he's ok on the first drive with Kyle scripting a beautiful drive but after he sucks. I'm really ready to see Beathard get most reps in practice and start ahead of him, it literally can't get worse.

CJ noodle arm? Nah. Nick is being the sacrificial lamb for this team every time he drops back just like CJ was that first year. He got absolutely destroyed twice yesterday. But the sack he took from CGJ pissed me off. Completely unblocked the first play, sacked the 2nd and almost got sacked that very next play. Whoever we have playing QB next year, one thing is for certain, that O-Line needs to keep him clean

49ers the team that destroys quarter backs.

INVEST IN THE OLINE FO
Originally posted by Brooklyn9er:
Guys were coming untouched, I put that on the RBs for not picking it up.

It is also on the QB for not helping his line/RBs for not helping them identify where a blitz is coming. Prior to the Saints game, Mullens has demonstrated he is the best QB on the team in this area. But he was absolutely dreadful on Sunday at this. Unacceptable.
I hope they ditch this loser and CJ in the off-season. No reason to keep these guys on the roster.

Yes. I understand they are backups, but we have seen that neither is even serviceable as a short term starter.

The qb position is just too important and we should always be trying to find the next franchise QB even if you already have one.
Originally posted by TWD_Fan:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Mullens is only good when he comes in for the injured starter and when he starts 1 game. Anything after that he gets figured out and gets worse with more reps. Oh and he's ok on the first drive with Kyle scripting a beautiful drive but after he sucks. I'm really ready to see Beathard get most reps in practice and start ahead of him, it literally can't get worse.

the guy is nothing more than a relief pitcher...

what we need to do is find a backup that can actually START since we all know Grappy can't stay healthy...

JOSH ROSEN ... where he at !!???

Last I checked, Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad.

TIME to give this talented kid a chance... We've seen enough of The Weakness Bros (CJ & M) !!
I hope they ditch this loser and CJ in the off-season. No reason to keep these guys on the roster.

Yes. I understand they are backups, but we have seen that neither is even serviceable as a short term starter.

The qb position is just too important and we should always be trying to find the next franchise QB even if you already have one.

Absolutely.
This FO has been dismal at understanding and addressing that. Includes the HC.

This is why I hope they keep garropolo and draft a qb in round 1. This is a qb driven league, we need to get some talent on the field that can actually make teams pay when they blitz. Brees, Rogers, Manning, Montana, Young, Mahomes, Wilson (yest i know all franchise qb's) love it when the defense blitzes because they know defense has openings.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:

This is why I hope they keep garropolo and draft a qb in round 1. This is a qb driven league, we need to get some talent on the field that can actually make teams pay when they blitz. Brees, Rogers, Manning, Montana, Young, Mahomes, Wilson (yest i know all franchise qb's) love it when the defense blitzes because they know defense has openings.

It would be dumb to waste a 1st round pick on a development at QB when we don't have a single CB signed for next season and our starting SS is going to be a F/A. Our Oline is in shambles and our best player there might leave for greener $$ pastures. Let's not forget our best DLineman is coming off a serious knee injury and the other pass rusher we traded for looks to be milking the bench. This team has bigger issues than a 1st round QB for next season.
Originally posted by jcs:

It would be dumb to waste a 1st round pick on a development at QB when we don't have a single CB signed for next season and our starting SS is going to be a F/A. Our Oline is in shambles and our best player there might leave for greener $$ pastures. Let's not forget our best DLineman is coming off a serious knee injury and the other pass rusher we traded for looks to be milking the bench. This team has bigger issues than a 1st round QB for next season.

A top 10 pick at qb isn't considered "developmental". It's considered fqb.

Doesn't always work out that way though

Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by martysofresh:

CJ noodle arm? Nah. Nick is being the sacrificial lamb for this team every time he drops back just like CJ was that first year. He got absolutely destroyed twice yesterday. But the sack he took from CGJ pissed me off. Completely unblocked the first play, sacked the 2nd and almost got sacked that very next play. Whoever we have playing QB next year, one thing is for certain, that O-Line needs to keep him clean

49ers the team that destroys quarter backs.

INVEST IN THE OLINE FO

Wilson sacked 81 total times last two seasons, Wentz 77, Ryan 75, Watson, 70, Murray 64, and all SF QBs sacked 61 times. This year they are 12th with 25 sacks. Get a QB who gets rid on the ball on time would also help.

QB is our biggest need, more than anything else imo. By having a rookie QB, and trading or releasing Jimmy that will free up plenty of cash to sign and upgrade the secondary and OL. It will be extremely difficult to upgrade, yet alone sign our own FA if we keep Jimmy at QB for another year. You only get better or worse in the NFL, its impossible to stay the same. I can only forsee us getting much worse if we don't go QB high in round 1.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:

QB is our biggest need, more than anything else imo. By having a rookie QB, and trading or releasing Jimmy that will free up plenty of cash to sign and upgrade the secondary and OL. It will be extremely difficult to upgrade, yet alone sign our own FA if we keep Jimmy at QB for another year. You only get better or worse in the NFL, its impossible to stay the same. I can only forsee us getting much worse if we don't go QB high in round 1.

You somehow see us worse than we are this year if we keep jimmy?

That's a bold prediction
I truly need to see this guy play with mostert, Deebo and aiyuk in the same game before I make judgement lol we gave jimmy G that much
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I truly need to see this guy play with mostert, Deebo and aiyuk in the same game before I make judgement lol we gave jimmy G that much

I believe jimmy only had all three for the Patriots and rams games.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Nov 24, 2020 at 6:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone