QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Love this vid!!!

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome, I just watched it again.
This dude saved our franchise!
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

We Superbowl Now?
The only UDFA QB that I can remember having extended success in the NFL is Kurt Warner. For us to talk about the possibility of Mullens being a starter coming undrafted is similar to Warner's path to the NFL. Very rare.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The only UDFA QB that I can remember having extended success in the NFL is Kurt Warner. For us to talk about the possibility of Mullens being a starter coming undrafted is similar to Warner's path to the NFL. Very rare.

I view him as a back up. Our starting is Jimmy.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
A player having a single good game though doesn't necessarily mean Kyle can make anyone look good. Players gotta execute. Hoyer is an example.

Didn't KS make Hoyer look good in Cleveland though, lol.
Originally posted by English:

I view him as a back up. Our starting is Jimmy.

Yes, but if Mullens continued to impress, other teams won't hesitate to make him a starter
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 7, 2018 at 7:43 AM ]
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
A player having a single good game though doesn't necessarily mean Kyle can make anyone look good. Players gotta execute. Hoyer is an example.

Not 150 qb rating good

Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia, Warren Moon, Jake Delhomme, Dave Krieg
[ Edited by 9erguy on Nov 7, 2018 at 7:54 AM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Like his foot work and vision but please stop patting the ball when you are about to throw.

Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:

Not 150 qb rating good

I don't think he had great numbers in Cleveland. Hoyer was having success in Chicago but that was without Shanahan.
Originally posted by 9erguy:

Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia, Warren Moon, Jake Delhomme, Dave Krieg

Warren Moon was the best of those you listed. But black guys can't play QB! So he made me think of the CFL, where Moon shone after being ignored by the NFL. And the player voted the Best CFL Player Ever? Doug Flutie, Heisman winner who went in the 11st round - easy UDFA today. Nice short second stint in the NFL for the great short QB.

Rare because most UDFA's don't get a real chance to be on the roster at quarterback typically.
Nick Mullens seems like he plays angry. Even his pre and post game and other interviews have an intense vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets into a DL face after a sack anytime soon.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

We Superbowl Now?

Lol I read that in a Thai voice.
Share 49ersWebzone