There are 159 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Rich Eisen, hot take, on four down Thursday...Nick Mullins with 5 more wins, more wins than Jimmy G!

Lol

How would you feel, would you rather be knocking on the wildcard door, picking in the top ten?

Rhetorical question. It'd be amazing if we end the season with a winning record.
Rich Eisen, hot take, on four down Thursday...Nick Mullins with 5 more wins, more wins than Jimmy G!

Lol

How would you feel, would you rather be knocking on the wildcard door, picking in the top ten?

looking forward to the QB controversy it would create.
Originally posted by boast:

Lol

Was just going to make this joke...though just for fun, say it did happen, not that it will, just as a for fun thought exercise. Mullins balls out from here, beats several great defenses, heck lets say he goes undefeated and we finish the season as the worlds most improbable wild card. What do you do then? He is locked up next year for cheap, but not beyond that. Jimmy is locked up much longer but for a lot more. Do you keep both, if so who do you play? Do you move one? If so which and what is your honest expected return?
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Lol

Was just going to make this joke...though just for fun, say it did happen, not that it will, just as a for fun thought exercise. Mullins balls out from here, beats several great defenses, heck lets say he goes undefeated and we finish the season as the worlds most improbable wild card. What do you do then? He is locked up next year for cheap, but not beyond that. Jimmy is locked up much longer but for a lot more. Do you keep both, if so who do you play? Do you move one? If so which and what is your honest expected return?

to take the hypothetical even further... do we have an easy out of Jimmy's contract after a year or two if something unbelievable happened?

Lol

to take the hypothetical even further... do we have an easy out of Jimmy's contract after a year or two if something unbelievable happened?

I mean the easiest out is trade, but I think there is an option half way in, but don't quote me on that but I could swear it read it back when the deal happened. Still even if there is, I don't think he is an asset you let walk like that. He clearly has too much value to simply cut him.

Lol

If it happens, Give us 2 Firsts for JG or 2 2nds for BDN
So my pie in the sky plan after thinking about it. I would see Jimmy and Nick as basically the same level of player. They would have the same sample size even if they didn't have the same draft position. I would try to get Nick into a deal that was slightly cheaper than Jimmy, since we gave him his shot and he was undrafted I could see a loyalty discount. So then once you have Nick sowed up, I move Jimmy to the Giants for swapping first round picks. I know we got him for cheap but the whole league also agreed we vastly under paid. We use that pick to get Bosa and they get their replacement for Manning.
Let's wait until Jimmy can walk before we start talking about trading him. You guys have no sympathy for the injured
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Let's wait until Jimmy can walk before we start talking about trading him. You guys have no sympathy for the injured

I am sure he will be fine.lol
Here's a hypothetical. What if BDN ballout like Jimmy of last year with 5-6 wins. But unlike Jimmy with the super accurate, quick release passes,lighting progression, you have Mullens --an average arm with some good accuracy. Nothing you haven't really seen before. But good command of the offense, and games in the 100-150 rating range.

Which one would you keep...would you give him Jimmy money
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 8, 2018 at 10:57 AM ]

How about we let Mullens play even one more game before we start nonsense speculation? Jimmy G would have shredded the Raiders defense.
[ Edited by Marmatag on Nov 8, 2018 at 10:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Marmatag:
How about we let Mullens play even one more game before we start nonsense speculation? Jimmy G would have shredded the Raiders defense.

Because its fun and its Thursday...what does it hurt to speculate? Nobody thinks its going to happen...nobody sane anyway
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Here's a hypothetical. What if BDN ballout like Jimmy of last year with 5-6 wins. But unlike Jimmy with the super accurate, quick release passes,lighting progression, you have Mullens --an average arm with some good accuracy. Nothing you haven't really seen before. But good command of the offense, and games in the 100-150 rating range.

Which one would you keep...

Ooh tougher call, but I think you keep them both in that event. You have an elite back up there in Nick who can win games for you but isn't likely to make the next step to franchise signal caller...I would push hard to get him on real back up money before his contract is up, and be happy to have him in the event Jimmy needs a couple weeks to start the year like Wentz did.
I hope he shines (Beathard too). Just too many QB needy teams like Raiders, Giants, Bucs, Steelers will be inquiring IF they continue to ball especially having him under Shany's tutelage, the QB whisperer. Draft and develop QB again.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Like his foot work and vision but please stop patting the ball when you are about to throw.
Every QB under the sun does this.
Share 49ersWebzone