There are 436 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by Stud:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm not saying I want the team to lose, because I don't. However, this is the absolute worst kind of winning; beating up on loser teams, dropping out of top ten in the draft and giving false hope to fans. No one should draw any conclusions off the Raider game. They are complete trash. Wake me when we play the Seahawks and they are no longer elite on D.

Who cares. Top 3 draft picks don't automatically mean success. Winning is everything.
As they say. See Cleveland Browns. And at this time I'm not convinced we can draft high picks any better than them.

The Browns have a flat out ton of talent. Rich Eisen thinks that if Bill Cowher decides to return to coaching, that's where he'll go. Depends also on whether Cowher thinks Mayfield is a FQB. Then, AFC watch out!

I'll believe it when i see it.

Game has passed him by
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I'm not saying I want the team to lose, because I don't. However, this is the absolute worst kind of winning; beating up on loser teams, dropping out of top ten in the draft and giving false hope to fans. No one should draw any conclusions off the Raider game. They are complete trash. Wake me when we play the Seahawks and they are no longer elite on D.

Who cares. Top 3 draft picks don't automatically mean success. Winning is everything.

Yeah see: Solomon Thomas.

Bad example considering had we not won a totally meaningless game against the Rams that year we'd have Myles Garrett on the team right now...

Some years picking later isn't a huge deal. Other years you're missing out on elite talent and hoping you find someone who can be decent.
Originally posted by Stanley:

As they say. See Cleveland Browns. And at this time I'm not convinced we can draft high picks any better than them.

The Browns have a flat out ton of talent. Rich Eisen thinks that if Bill Cowher decides to return to coaching, that's where he'll go. Depends also on whether Cowher thinks Mayfield is a FQB. Then, AFC watch out!

Game has passed him by

Maybe true for Gruden, not true for Vermeil when he returned.
Originally posted by Stanley:

Game has passed him by

Maybe true for Gruden, not true for Vermeil when he returned.

There is a learning curve. The Rams were 5-11 and 4-12 his first two years back. Granted, there was also a dearth of talent, but I'm willing to give a proven HC time before I say the game has passed them by.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Mullens with 300 yds passing tonight.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Mullens with 300 yds passing tonight.

Agreed.

#BDN
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
John Lynch mentioned what everyone seemed to overlooked about Mullens against the Raiders-- he did it in a short week with 2 days of lite walk through, 3rd string QB with no time with the starters.
Don't ruin what works. Don't let him practice too much.

Look at the similarities between Nicks first game and JimmyG's first full game. Amazing how similar they looked. Will Nick pull a JimmyG performance the rest fo the yr...i mean a 151.9 QBR? Seems unlikely, but it is strange how similar the two first games went for our two QBs.

Oh and the pep talk Kyle gave to CJ about his NFL career not being over? K.O.D. You can figure out what that means. It's over if mullens is as good as he played last week....and then reproduces that every week thereafter. seems unlikley, however.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
John Lynch mentioned what everyone seemed to overlooked about Mullens against the Raiders-- he did it in a short week with 2 days of lite walk through, 3rd string QB with no time with the starters.

Look at the similarities between Nicks first game and JimmyG's first full game. Amazing how similar they looked. Will Nick pull a JimmyG performance the rest fo the yr...i mean a 151.9 QBR? Seems unlikely, but it is strange how similar the two first games went for our two QBs.

Oh and the pep talk Kyle gave to CJ about his NFL career not being over? K.O.D. You can figure out what that means. It's over if mullens is as good as he played last week....and then reproduces that every week thereafter. seems unlikley, however.
Slow it down a little...can't compare Jimmy G to Nick who literally only played against the worst team in the NFL. He gets another freebe tonight but after that he will start facing real NFL Defenses and we can actually see what he's got.
[ Edited by jcs on Nov 12, 2018 at 8:45 AM ]
I'm expecting a big comedown this game. But who knows. Maybe he has a Kaepernick-like season if he just runs the offense the way Shanny wants.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Slow it down a little...can't compare Jimmy G to Nick who literally only played against the worst team in the NFL. He gets another freebe tonight but after that he will start facing real NFL Defenses and we can actually see what he's got.

"Can't compare?" Hmm. I dunno. Jimmy G was one disastrous pick away from being 0-3 this season. We barely won that lions game and the lions game winning pick was called back. Anyway im with you let's see how Mullen's does against real defenses.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
I'm expecting a big comedown this game. But who knows. Maybe he has a Kaepernick-like season if he just runs the offense the way Shanny wants.

Yea me too. Hopefully the running game can offset any setbacks. I can see him throwing 2 ints tonight.
400yds, 2TD, 1TD rushing.
400yds, 2TD, 1TD rushing.

For the rest of the season? I agree.
CJ looked great for the most part in his first full game against the Chargers.

One game does not a QB make, but lets hope Mullens and the team weren't just lifting for the one off against poor opposition.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
CJ looked great for the most part in his first full game against the Chargers.

One game does not a QB make, but lets hope Mullens and the team weren't just lifting for the one off against poor opposition.

Yeah tonight will tell the better story, the Raiders are obviously tanking
Share 49ersWebzone