There are 249 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Start Sermon.

Sermon sucks. He's slow and hesitant, and couldn't even beat out Mitchell or Hasty for the backup job. He was 4th on the depth chart Sunday and a healthy scratch.

Pretty early to say he sucks, maybe just a slow start.

He's not a scheme fit, and hasn't looked good at all yet. Not a great sign. The only reason we drafted him was from watching Fields tape.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Do you guys think that Saquon Barkley could be a good fit for Kyle's system?

I get the sense he will never live up to the promise with NYG, and might be available for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Had the ACL injury, but I imagine he is not injury prone like Mostert.

lol. Saquon's definitely not available.
Originally posted by jcs:
Kyle says 8 weeks and he comes back saying he not going to play on the coaches time table and calls it for the year. For a 30 year old rb who's only had one decent nfl season in comparison to the league after fighting for years to make rosters across the league as a journey man special teamer. KS made his career and gave him a shot. His career might be over now considering how fragile he is especially after pulling this move acting like he's a made man.

Your description sounds a little like JG. 30 years old with only one good season.
so much wasted talent

f**k you field turf
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Really sucks he's going to be out the entire year but as with Verret, this shouldn't be a total surprise.

Yeah.. we need to stop Investing time/money on Injury prone players, expecting them to stay healthy. At least with Mostert we drafted his replacement, can't really say the Same with the Verrett situation.
Really sucks he's going to be out the entire year but as with Verret, this shouldn't be a total surprise.

This is the truth, sadly. If before the season started you told me we'd lose both of these guys, I'd be pissed but not surprised.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Yeah.. we need to stop Investing time/money on Injury prone players, expecting them to stay healthy. At least with Mostert we drafted his replacement, can't really say the Same with the Verrett situation.

lolwut? the team drafted two... TWO! CBs in the same draft.
[ Edited by boast on Sep 14, 2021 at 1:22 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:

Drafting CBs from the 3rd onwards Isn't exactly dealing with the situation imo... It would have made more sense to draft one In round 1..
  • Antix
  • Veteran

But if you draft a CB that isn't Asante Samuel.Jr, did you really actually draft a CB?

Drafting CBs from the 3rd onwards Isn't exactly dealing with the situation imo... It would have made more sense to draft one In round 1..

and yet Lenoir looks like a really good one.

Two CB's AND a safety. I wish Shanahan would start all three of them. But...
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Did he just quit on the team? Where will he be next year, it's not going to be here.

Hard to say.

I think he could come back, but not as proven bellcow.

Like Jimmy G, the injuries take away the leverage.

In Mostert's case, he's certainly good enough to be on the team, but can't dictate RB1 or salary demands....with the 49ers or other teams.

I would love Mostert back in that late 2019 role.
I think he saw the writing on the wall with the sermon pick. I just hope we didn't choose poorly in the draft.
Originally posted by Antix:
But if you draft a CB that isn't Asante Samuel.Jr, did you really actually draft a CB?

and yet Lenoir looks like a really good one.

It's only been one game, but Let's hope so since we can't rely on Verrett, and Mosely Is a number 2 CB at best.
I feel terrible. He is such a good human being that worked so hard. But I can't see him staying with us for long.
It's only been one game, but Let's hope so since we can't rely on Verrett, and Mosely Is a number 2 CB at best.

plenty of 1st rd CBs have busted. you act like it's a sure thing.
Share 49ersWebzone