There are 239 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Two CB's AND a safety. I wish Shanahan would start all three of them. But...

We probably should tbh... let's see what they have. We all know Tartt Is Bound to miss playing time at some point, and Ward Is decent but not really worth talking about.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
It's only been one game, but Let's hope so since we can't rely on Verrett, and Mosely Is a number 2 CB at best.

plenty of 1st rd CBs have busted. you act like it's a sure thing.

Not all... But there's more hope/potential of a first round player having success than one through the later rounds.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Do you guys think that Saquon Barkley could be a good fit for Kyle's system?

I get the sense he will never live up to the promise with NYG, and might be available for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Had the ACL injury, but I imagine he is not injury prone like Mostert.

Kyle's system (or his dads) doesn't need a star RB. The system makes the stars

Why waste the cap space or draft picks for one.

For superstar production.

What do you think Derrick Henry could do in our system right now?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Time to move on from him.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
For superstar production.

What do you think Derrick Henry could do in our system right now?

Stay healthy and produce more than likely
Originally posted by DrEll:

I doubt he'll be a Niner next year, especially with how good Elijah as looked thus far.
Originally posted by DrEll:

I doubt he'll be a Niner next year, especially with how good Elijah as looked thus far.

Ya unless he takes a cheap deal team will move on with Mitchell & Sermon & Wilson Jr
Sooooo much soft on this team. Soft.

We probably should tbh... let's see what they have. We all know Tartt Is Bound to miss playing time at some point, and Ward Is decent but not really worth talking about.

So, it's discussions like this that make me look at 49er history. The year was 1981. Bill Walsh signed a nobody named Dwight Hicks.

This is his entry on his Wikipedia page: "Hicks played for the University of Michigan in the 1975–1978 seasons where he played safety, punt returner and wolfman."

Wolfman?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Iirc he almost sat out to get more money? Thus opening the door for Brieda to leave?

I think brieda fell out of rotation behind Mostert and Wilson

Brieda was fast but fumbled the ball too much.

So, it's discussions like this that make me look at 49er history. The year was 1981. Bill Walsh signed a nobody named Dwight Hicks.

This is his entry on his Wikipedia page: "Hicks played for the University of Michigan in the 1975–1978 seasons where he played safety, punt returner and wolfman."

Wolfman?

Originally posted by jcs:
Kyle says 8 weeks and he comes back saying he not going to play on the coaches time table and calls it for the year. For a 30 year old rb who's only had one decent nfl season in comparison to the league after fighting for years to make rosters across the league as a journey man special teamer. KS made his career and gave him a shot. His career might be over now considering how fragile he is especially after pulling this move acting like he's a made man.

We spun the story like he was found Gold and we made him this stud RB and later paid him.
Maybe, just maybe the other 7 teams that cut him saw this coming. It's possible he only works on our system with ZBS. Everywhere else he would get broken.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed 100%
Originally posted by NCommand:

Seriously. Thought about taking him in fantasy for a hot second, then remembered his history and knew he'd never make it through the season. But the 1st quarter? My goodness….
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Iirc he almost sat out to get more money? Thus opening the door for Brieda to leave?

I think brieda fell out of rotation behind Mostert and Wilson
...because of lack of availability.
Share 49ersWebzone