There are 259 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Mostert chose not to rehab and comeback late this season, or at least playoffs, so that he can get 110% for another team in free agency?

Certainly sounds like he quit on this team, and took his guaranteed cash/cap space while doing so. He could've waited the 8-10 weeks to see if he can recover, then if not healed, taken the season ending surgery. But, he never even gave it a chance he just called it quits.

I regret ever defending this guy during his contract dispute.
Uuuugh...gotta be kidding me.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Mostert chose not to rehab and comeback late this season, or at least playoffs, so that he can get 110% for another team in free agency?

Certainly sounds like he quit on this team, and took his guaranteed cash/cap space while doing so. He could've waited the 8-10 weeks to see if he can recover, then if not healed, taken the season ending surgery. But, he never even gave it a chance he just called it quits.

He was never going to come back. Every time a player is given 8-10 weeks, it magically turns into season ending. I would rather know now, so the team can plan accordingly. Hopefully Wilson can go when he's eligible so we can get a power runner in the stable.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Really sucks he's going to be out the entire year but as with Verret, this shouldn't be a total surprise.

Yeah.. we need to stop Investing time/money on Injury prone players, expecting them to stay healthy. At least with Mostert we drafted his replacement, can't really say the Same with the Verrett situation.

lolwut? the team drafted two... TWO! CBs in the same draft.

Drafting CBs from the 3rd onwards Isn't exactly dealing with the situation imo... It would have made more sense to draft one In round 1..

I can only imagine the fire in here if the 49ers had drafted a CB this year instead of a QB with all the talent available. Or, if they had ignored the OL and gone after DBs early.
Originally posted by jreff22:

He was never going to come back. Every time a player is given 8-10 weeks, it magically turns into season ending. I would rather know now, so the team can plan accordingly. Hopefully Wilson can go when he's eligible so we can get a power runner in the stable.

Sounded like he had a good chance of coming back at least by seasons end or playoffs. Shanny wouldn't have given an estimate like that if he hadn't talk to medical staff about the situation. He could have easily said, well wait for further testing etc etc that coaches usually say when it's up in the air.

This seems like mostert could've have came back at 70-80% if needed late in season but chose not to because he didn't want to hurt his future earnings in FA, by possibly putting bad tape out there.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Sep 14, 2021 at 2:02 PM ]
Glad we got Wilson coming back so whoever else gets hurt can recover.
Originally posted by dj43:
Really sucks he's going to be out the entire year but as with Verret, this shouldn't be a total surprise.

Yeah.. we need to stop Investing time/money on Injury prone players, expecting them to stay healthy. At least with Mostert we drafted his replacement, can't really say the Same with the Verrett situation.

Drafting CBs from the 3rd onwards Isn't exactly dealing with the situation imo... It would have made more sense to draft one In round 1..

I can only imagine the fire in here if the 49ers had drafted a CB this year instead of a QB with all the talent available. Or, if they had ignored the OL and gone after DBs early.
Lenor played all 90 snaps and Goff threw away from him
Well, Bye!
So many leg and knee injuries. Not sure what he will have left after this. Hopefully Mitchell, Sermon and Hasty can all stay healthy and get the job done.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by jcs:
Kyle says 8 weeks and he comes back saying he not going to play on the coaches time table and calls it for the year. For a 30 year old rb who's only had one decent nfl season in comparison to the league after fighting for years to make rosters across the league as a journey man special teamer. KS made his career and gave him a shot. His career might be over now considering how fragile he is especially after pulling this move acting like he's a made man.

Your description sounds a little like JG. 30 years old with only one good season.

Jimmy is a good QB at just 30 years old. Assuming he doesn't get another season ending injury he could end up starting for the next 6-8 years somewhere. It's the position he plays. Mostert is a RB and at 30 for a position that avg's less than 3 years...he's done.

The a*****e Niner "fans" harassing him influenced him to do this…he will sign with the Seahawks next yr and punish us for years to come

I disagree with the criticism of opting for surgery. Chipped cartilage is rarely something that repairs itself. The chip just floats around in the joint, frequently landing in a spot that restricts movement and is very painful. Also, the remaining edge is usually jagged and sharp and needs trimming. That will never changed without surgery, and that takes time for recovery. Had he waited 8-10 weeks and still needed surgery, he would not have been available to us or anyone else until well into next summer.

Just bad luck...
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
The a*****e Niner "fans" harassing him influenced him to do this…he will sign with the Seahawks next yr and punish us for years to come

He will revert to his 7 team bounce around, Seacucks dont have Shanny baby!
thanks for the memories Raheem, we hardly knew ya... good luck in FA
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by dj43:

Lenor played all 90 snaps and Goff threw away from him

The reference was to "early."

Arguably, QB and OL needs were greater than CB.
Share 49ersWebzone