There are 219 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
See my post just above about the bias of team doctors.

Yeah, I agree, they maybe biased on their outlook that favors the team. But, they also aren't going to be negligent and get sued for malpractice. If 8 week was an optimistic timeline, then surely return by week 16 or playoffs would be a realistic scenario. My Opinion, is he chose to rehab for his next payday. He already cashed in on the 49ers with his 4 plays.

Even if he did all that, he is entitled to do what is in his own best interest just as the team will do what is in its best interest. It is a business deal. My only disagreement with you is in you calling him a quitter. That is over the top.

Yeah, he can do whatever he wants...like quitting on this season. Not over the top in my opinion. Agree to disagree. No point in arguing, he'll be on another team next season.
Since Mostert and his team made this decision, not the team's doctors I wonder what s the teams responsibility contractually ?

Any zone labor lawyers know ?

For example if an employee is injured on the job, the workers comp doctor needs to make the decisions if the employer is going to pay the medical and continue the payroll.

And I know it's not my money, but it sets precedent for other players making their independent decisions, collecting checks, based on their independent decisions.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Sep 14, 2021 at 8:49 PM ]

Yeah, I agree, they maybe biased on their outlook that favors the team. But, they also aren't going to be negligent and get sued for malpractice. If 8 week was an optimistic timeline, then surely return by week 16 or playoffs would be a realistic scenario. My Opinion, is he chose to rehab for his next payday. He already cashed in on the 49ers with his 4 plays.

Even if he did all that, he is entitled to do what is in his own best interest just as the team will do what is in its best interest. It is a business deal. My only disagreement with you is in you calling him a quitter. That is over the top.

Yeah, he can do whatever he wants...like quitting on this season. Not over the top in my opinion. Agree to disagree. No point in arguing, he'll be on another team next season.

I went back and watched his two runs on replay. No limp whatsoever after either run. No grimace. No laying on the turf. No ACL. A cartilage injury and he preemptively elects surgery and bags the season in the first half of September. This guy seems to be on the same diva spectrum as Marquis Goodwin. He's an incredibly fast runner and good fit for what Shanahan does, but you can't rely on a guy like that. I concur that he quit on the team and I don't think it's an over the top assertion.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
I went back and watched his two runs on replay. No limp whatsoever after either run. No grimace. No laying on the turf. No ACL. A cartilage injury and he preemptively elects surgery and bags the season in the first half of September. This guy seems to be on the same diva spectrum as Marquis Goodwin. He's an incredibly fast runner and good fit for what Shanahan does, but you can't rely on a guy like that. I concur that he quit on the team and I don't think it's an over the top assertion.

Dont do Goodwin dirty like that... regardless of what you think of him as a player, dude went through circumstances that would break quite a few zoners at their own jobs. Dont attribute it to being a "diva." Sometimes things outside of your job happen that can make you lose focus and this isnt a sport that you can play if your not 100% there mentally. Sadly he never bounced back, but it wasnt due to being a premadonna, life took the "football" drive out of him.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Dont do Goodwin dirty like that... regardless of what you think of him as a player, dude went through circumstances that would break quite a few zoners at their own jobs. Dont attribute it to being a "diva." Sometimes things outside of your job happen that can make you lose focus and this isnt a sport that you can play if your not 100% there mentally. Sadly he never bounced back, but it wasnt due to being a premadonna, life took the "football" drive out of him.

You're right. I wasn't referring to the personal tragedy in Goodwin's life with his children. He just frequently hit the turf like someone shot him with a high powered rifle, seemed to be frequently dinged and rarely 100%. Kyle seems to covet speed, and speed players seem to come with frequent breakdowns. Ditto on Mostert, and I think he quit on the team so as to avoid injury risk before free agency -- and has the audacity to talk about "feeling for his brothers on the field" and he'll "be back 110% Faithful" (with another team). What a crock.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Glass should have starred Raheem. Hope he finds success somewhere else next year
Let's hope Sermon doesn't have that same diva mentality.

I think I saw Goodwin catch a few balls for the Chicago on SNF.
We may never see Mostert in a Niners Uni again.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Sep 14, 2021 at 9:56 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:

I think I saw Goodwin catch a few balls for the Chicago on SNF.
We may never see Mostert in a Niners Uni again.

Good riddance - one too many injuries for my taste.

Even the bias team doctors conclude he would be out 8 weeks. Are you really going to use limping, grimace, laying on the turf to determine the severity of the injury? This is getting ridiculous. Calling him a quitter is way over the top.

We got alot more out of Raheem than Raheem's gotten out of us by this point. We spent nothing on Raheem aside from a little cash. Hold your heads high.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
We got alot more out of Raheem than Raheem's gotten out of us by this point. We spent nothing on Raheem aside from a little cash. Hold your heads high.

He's only got one claim to fame and that was the playoff game against the Packers. Besides that, he's just been constantly hurt.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 15, 2021 at 1:21 AM ]
Raheem. Thank you for the memories. #1 of rolling over Packers in NFC Championship Game. #2 the gruesome arm injury vs. Raiders on TNF.
Not many teams will look to pay him this off-season for what he did in 2019. His injuries the last two years will take most off teams out of the market. It's unfortunate for him as this would have been his best chance at a big contract. Wish him the best
What a bunch of dumb fans. Raheem hit his knee of a guy's helmet on his way down and tore a ligament in his knee and now we have forum couch potatoes accusing him of opting out for a surgery and making all kinds of nasty comments to his wife up to and including threats. If anyone thinks he didn't want to play, get your heads out of your collective culus. Worst and dumbest fans in 49er history...
Share 49ersWebzone