There are 215 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Greg Papa calls this guy..."the MOSTERati"?

More like " the Jalopy"😒
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Well, he did look good for the 4 plays.

3.6 million for only four plays

He took the 49ers to the bank. He's basically taking a 2 month injury and packing his bags for the season. He basically just quit and went home. Should be banned from the team facility. Rehab somewhere else quitter.

I wouldn't give him a ring if we win it all.

I think the players association would have a problem with that
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Time to move on from him.

I doubt he'll be a Niner next year, especially with how good Elijah as looked thus far.

Ya unless he takes a cheap deal team will move on with Mitchell & Sermon & Wilson Jr

And he's already shown he thinks he is worth way more than a cheap deal. Besides, if he did sign a cheap deal...he would just demand to re-negotiate it a week later...

I think he's done here. He bounced around from so many teams. Finally found a GREAT fit. And screwed it up.
I don't know (none of us does) but I suspect that after consulting with physicians it was decided surgery was the best way to go so the problem doesn't keep popping up. Get it fixed and hope that after rehab he doesn't continue to have problems. I know from experience that you can often let these things heal on their own but they're never completely right.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by dj43:
See my post just above about the bias of team doctors.

Yeah, I agree, they maybe biased on their outlook that favors the team. But, they also aren't going to be negligent and get sued for malpractice. If 8 week was an optimistic timeline, then surely return by week 16 or playoffs would be a realistic scenario. My Opinion, is he chose to rehab for his next payday. He already cashed in on the 49ers with his 4 plays.

Even if he did all that, he is entitled to do what is in his own best interest just as the team will do what is in its best interest. It is a business deal. My only disagreement with you is in you calling him a quitter. That is over the top.

Yeah, he can do whatever he wants...like quitting on this season. Not over the top in my opinion. Agree to disagree. No point in arguing, he'll be on another team next season.

I went back and watched his two runs on replay. No limp whatsoever after either run. No grimace. No laying on the turf. No ACL. A cartilage injury and he preemptively elects surgery and bags the season in the first half of September. This guy seems to be on the same diva spectrum as Marquis Goodwin. He's an incredibly fast runner and good fit for what Shanahan does, but you can't rely on a guy like that. I concur that he quit on the team and I don't think it's an over the top assertion.

Even the bias team doctors conclude he would be out 8 weeks. Are you really going to use limping, grimace, laying on the turf to determine the severity of the injury? This is getting ridiculous. Calling him a quitter is way over the top.

"I was able to medically assess his injury status from watching him on tv. Injury invalid."

lol
Originally posted by frenchtoast:
What a bunch of dumb fans. Raheem hit his knee of a guy's helmet on his way down and tore a ligament in his knee and now we have forum couch potatoes accusing him of opting out for a surgery and making all kinds of nasty comments to his wife up to and including threats. If anyone thinks he didn't want to play, get your heads out of your collective culus. Worst and dumbest fans in 49er history...

Where have you read that he tore a ligament, because everything I've read is that he had some cartilage that broke loose and needs to be cleaned up.
Just a guess but I bet he had some minor cartilage issues he was playing with. Bumped it and did more damage. Could prob get scoped and be back but another simple hit could put him out again. His knees can't be trusted.
Raheem MostHurt
Originally posted by SoCold:
Just a guess but I bet he had some minor cartilage issues he was playing with. Bumped it and did more damage. Could prob get scoped and be back but another simple hit could put him out again. His knees can't be trusted.

That's very possible. The problem with trying to avoid surgery is that chip will still be in there. It's the type of thing that can pop up from time to time and cause fluid build up. then he has to get it drained. He's better off getting the surgery and hoping that he can rehab and be the same player.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

That's very possible. The problem with trying to avoid surgery is that chip will still be in there. It's the type of thing that can pop up from time to time and cause fluid build up. then he has to get it drained. He's better off getting the surgery and hoping that he can rehab and be the same player.
he was wearing that "brace" and made a big deal about not being injured in camp. I'm not sure if the brace is on the same knee
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 15, 2021 at 9:16 AM ]

Agreed, but how does a scope to clean up his knee translate into a fully lost season at week 1 of 17, with an expected playoff run 3 1/2 months from now? Frechtoast, who calls those questioning the severity of this injury dumbasses, claims he tore a ligament without any reference. The story would make sense if Mostert had an election that he could get it cleaned up, be out 8 weeks, and rejoin the team for the playoff run, or he could do a microfracture procedure or something to try to artificially rebuild cartilage, which would entail more time but rule him out for the season. That, of course, would be his choice and maybe understandable from his perspective that he would hit free agency more healthy. But to couch it all with a syrupy IG post about his brothers on the field...please. Who are the dumbasses here?
It would be nice to get some more info to see if that option of 8 weeks vs Season ending is a valid rumor. If it is then he needs to fire his agent. No matter how good he is when healthy, he's finished what? one season over the past 4 years?

And he has this unwavering belief that for whatever reason he will be the one to get the next big NFL RB contract in free agency. But that is just batsh*t crazy at this point when he has only finished a season as a RB once in his career. Then add in the shanny system factor... if this was a choice between 8 weeks and season ending... he needs to get used to an RB2-RB3 pay range cause no one will give him anything more.
I have to wonder if they found more than just a chipped cartilage. I wonder if they're going to remove it or repair a tear that showed up.
I have to wonder if they found more than just a chipped cartilage. I wonder if they're going to remove it or repair a tear that showed up.

Sounds like they have to clean that area up to promote cartilage healing.
Mostert announced he was done for the year, but when the Niners put him on IR, they dont have to designate him "done for the year" for they?

Players have to star on IR for AT LEAST 3 weeks, but if Mostert stays on through December, heals up and wants to play, can SF activate him?

Assuming the procedure doesnt have a 4-6 month recovery period.
Share 49ersWebzone