There are 222 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
All love for mostert . But he more than likely played his last down for us. Glad he got a lil extra money at the end for his SB performance
What other teams run the zone blocking need with extra cap space? Cause that's where Raheem will be playing next year.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I just wanna say that all the hateful stuff people sent him is disgusting and all those clowns should be ashamed of themselves.

If Raheem played his last game as a Niner, I'm thankful for what he contributed to this franchise.

Outside the NFCC game, don't remember much more of the contribution. I say this with the best of intentions….good riddance!

He was a major contributor in getting the #1 seed and divisional title up in Seattle.

Agree with all of these.

Raheem was successful in our system with Giant holes that you could drive a truck through that allowed him to get to top speed quickly. He's not the run after contact type back that creates his own holes. We made him who he is and his skills were tweaked by our system.
Random late night thought: Playing the lions made the significance of this loss feel less important than it actually is. We didn't miss a beat against the worst rush defense in the NFL but we will feel the loss of talent against top caliber NFL teams.
can we move this to former niners ?
Originally posted by natrone06:
Random late night thought: Playing the lions made the significance of this loss feel less important than it actually is. We didn't miss a beat against the worst rush defense in the NFL but we will feel the loss of talent against top caliber NFL teams.
Any RB with a pulse that can hit a hole will ball out in this system.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Yes, we've heard the "anyone" can do it many times and to some extent that's true. It's much easier to find a back that is serviceable in this system. You can find many Matt Breidas and Jeff Wilson's. But I think the reason we keep spending assets on this position is because Shanahan understands what special backs can unlock in this system. Not any back Is Terrell Davis, or puts up 230 yards and 5 tds in the NFC championship game. It can take your offense from good to spectacular. I think we will miss the extra gear Raheem gave us when we are playing good teams.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Sep 16, 2021 at 6:40 AM ]

Yes, we've heard the "anyone" can do it many times and to some extent that's true. It's much easier to find a back that is serviceable in this system. You can find many Matt Breidas and Jeff Wilson's. But I think the reason we keep spending assets on this position is because Shanahan understands what special backs can unlock in this system. Not any back Is Terrell Davis, or puts up 230 yards and 5 tds in the NFC championship game. It can take your offense from good to spectacular. I think we will miss the extra gear Raheem gave us when we are playing good teams.

Good posts. the guy carried us to the super bowl. His speed just takes the run game to another level. Detroit has dam near zero talent on defense.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Good posts. the guy carried us to the super bowl. His speed just takes the run game to another level. Detroit has dam near zero talent on defense.

WKyle doesn't spend a lot of draft capital on RBs. In the last 5 drafts they have selected a total of 3 RBs. The highest was Joe Williams who didn't work out. We didn't select another one until this year when we took Sermon at 3 and Mitchell at 6. All the other RBs have been free agents or trades. Kyle is just like his father was when it comes to backs. He feels any back that can hit the hole quickly can do well in this system.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Sep 16, 2021 at 7:49 AM ]
Title should be changed to:

Raheem "broken dream" Mostert

Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Title should be changed to:

Raheem "broken dream" Mostert

Calling Len Eshmont. Would Mr. Len Eshmont please report to the 49ers training facility immediately.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
"I think we're estimating four to six weeks," head coach Kyle Shanahan said this week. "And knowing Greenlaw, and knowing the guy, knowing his personality and how much -- I mean, he's the guy who doesn't want to do this. He doesn't want to miss football. He's always trying to play through everything. So, a guy like that tends [to be] on the [lower estimate], which is four weeks. But I've also seen it happen, and things go bad and not heal the right way where I've seen guys go 12 weeks.

"We're expecting Dre in four to six weeks, and if there isn't anything that goes bad, I'd be pretty confident in that happening."

Seems like Kyle was taking a shot at other players that aren't as committed *cough*cough*Mostert*cough*cough

And if he was, I'm GLAD that he did.
Originally posted by lamontb:

It's not just speed he reads his breaks great and it really takes the Oz to another level
Originally posted by DrEll:
"I think we're estimating four to six weeks," head coach Kyle Shanahan said this week. "And knowing Greenlaw, and knowing the guy, knowing his personality and how much -- I mean, he's the guy who doesn't want to do this. He doesn't want to miss football. He's always trying to play through everything. So, a guy like that tends [to be] on the [lower estimate], which is four weeks. But I've also seen it happen, and things go bad and not heal the right way where I've seen guys go 12 weeks.

"We're expecting Dre in four to six weeks, and if there isn't anything that goes bad, I'd be pretty confident in that happening."

Seems like Kyle was taking a shot at other players that aren't as committed *cough*cough*Mostert*cough*cough

And if he was, I'm GLAD that he did.

I'm not. I like Kyle a lot, but this probably the only thing I don't like about him as a coach is that he talks too damn much. I wish he was more like BB when it came to the media. Keep this stuff inhouse ffs.
Share 49ersWebzone