There are 245 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's 5'10" 197. Maybe we can use him at WR.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
What about wilson?
Id rather have the top 3 as : mostert, mitchell , wilson

I'd do mitchell, mostert and then wilson. Mostert is the perfect change of pace back.

Our change of pace back -- fast faster fastest. LOL
The guy had the potential to bust out a length-of-the-field TD on any given play. I haven't seen anyone (?) do that since he went down. I think he's worth a re-sign if he doesn't take too far of a step back.
Originally posted by mattster03:
The guy had the potential to bust out a length-of-the-field TD on any given play. I haven't seen anyone (?) do that since he went down. I think he's worth a re-sign if he doesn't take too far of a step back.

It's why I compared him to Verrett. He's just too effin good. It's really a different team with him out there. Thankfully with him and Mitchell (assuming he is re-signed), we don't have to run either more than 10 times a game, unless someone get's really hot. I think we normally carry 5 backs anyway, so Mitchell, Mostert, Wilson, Sermon, and Juszczyk looks like the best group of backs in the league from top to bottom. Practice squad for Hasty or we can find the next UDFA gem.
Mitchell cant handle a whole workload. We need Mostert to split the carries 50/50. With Deebo and Trey Lance's running ability, this run game would be legendary.

Coming off a surgery, Im hoping he doesnt want top dollar
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Mitchell cant handle a whole workload. We need Mostert to split the carries 50/50. With Deebo and Trey Lance's running ability, this run game would be legendary.

In Mosthurts three seasons as an actual rb here he's already pushed for a raise and to get traded for greener pastures. No way he takes a discount from this team.
Originally posted by jcs:

In Mosthurts three seasons as an actual rb here he's already pushed for a raise and to get traded for greener pastures. No way he takes a discount from this team.

Agreed but there could be a few factors working against him:

1. Injury prone
2. coming off major injury
3. Could be labeled as a system RB. Look at what happened to Breida
4. Age

For whatever reason backs get injured in our zone system at a very high rate. I kinda get pissed off when we don't rotate them out in a game. This is an area Kyle needs to improve in. He did it really well when we had Brieda and Mostert but for whatever reason he stopped this year. He literally ran Mitchell into the ground.
Originally posted by miked1978:

1. Injury prone
4. Age

For whatever reason backs get injured in our zone system at a very high rate. I kinda get pissed off when we don't rotate them out in a game. This is an area Kyle needs to improve in. He did it really well when we had Brieda and Mostert but for whatever reason he stopped this year. He literally ran Mitchell into the ground.

To be fair Mostert had 4 pretty dam good runs and wasn't even hit much and got injured. Besides Wilson all of these guys are smaller backs so reducing their workloads would be smart.. But KS is old school and i think he likes to ride the hot hand
Originally posted by lamontb:

1. Injury prone
4. Age

To be fair Mostert had 4 pretty dam good runs and wasn't even hit much and got injured. Besides Wilson all of these guys are smaller backs so reducing their workloads would be smart.. But KS is old school and i think he likes to ride the hot hand

10/10 Mostert/Wilson next year. I don't think Mostert can demand much for the aforementioned reasons. Maybe the Jets come calling? But his best bet is to remain here and try to earn one last good contract.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

1. Injury prone
4. Age

10/10 Mostert/Wilson next year. I don't think Mostert can demand much for the aforementioned reasons. Maybe the Jets come calling? But his best bet is to remain here and try to earn one last good contract.

I highly doubt there's another contract waiting for him, he's gonna be 30 next year. He's definitely gonna try and go for a contract that gives him "long" term stability. He's not gonna get a lot of cash, but I can see a team giving him a 3 year 10-12 mil deal. If not, I think we will try to resign him on a 1-2 year deal, but imo, he's gone.

Mostert's gone. He's gonna do his best to get top dollar and when that doesnt happen, cause it wont, he will accept the next best contract because his ego wont let him come back to the niners. Look at what he has pulled already trying to get paid but with another injured season to show for it. Im all for players getting paid, but he went about it in a sh*tty way with a limited track record. For as good as he is in this offense, you are at best paying him for a half a season. He doesnt see it that way and will pretend that someone has to pay him for 17 games.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

1. Injury prone
4. Age

I highly doubt there's another contract waiting for him, he's gonna be 30 next year. He's definitely gonna try and go for a contract that gives him "long" term stability. He's not gonna get a lot of cash, but I can see a team giving him a 3 year 10-12 mil deal. If not, I think we will try to resign him on a 1-2 year deal, but imo, he's gone.

Like Verret injuries will kill much of his demand of a top dollar contract. If I'm playing on a practice squad deal and literally carry the offense to the super bowl I'd be looking for a raise as well. I have no issues with him looking for a new deal after the SB run. Offensively he carried us to the SB..But those aren't the circumstances this go around. Now you are the oft injured back coming off major surgery. Take this team friendly deal or bounce. Might not be anywhere great to bounce to.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
With mosterts age and injury history I don't think he will be in NFL in 2 more years
[ Edited by JMC52 on Dec 29, 2021 at 1:01 PM ]
I agree. He will look for top dollar for that last contract and 49ers likely won't want to pay him more than others will.
WONT be surprise if both he and Wilson GONE after this season... I see Seattle adopting Wilson while Mostert may end up where Grappy will be shipped..

if those were to happen, and Sermon will forever be another PETTIS in KS' list.. I'd like for us to draft the kid from Washington State (Borgis) 2nd or 3rd day of the Draft... he's a slower but bigger McCaffrey IMO..
Share 49ersWebzone