49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 142 users in the forums

Poll: Like or Dislike Players Protesting During the National Anthem?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Poll: Like or Dislike Players Protesting During the National Anthem?

Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
That wasn't the case at all and you know it. I didn't attack you personally I anticipated your response to my posts. Perfectly.

There's no point in discussing things with people perpetually seeking to blame exterior forces. It's like alcoholics in denial. Everything is everyone else's fault.

Don't you see how that will only perpetuate the same behavioral patterns? The same culture. This is one reason I say you do more harm than good. Too many on the left seek to shift blame which only perpetuates cultural decay.

That's like saying no one should be held accountable for their own actions? Jed is that you J/k

Accountability is good... It promotes responsibility...

I guess the cia's response is owners don't get fired? If they spent more time fixing than deflecting or selling drugs with the peoples money we would be getting somewhere..

Cia are the biggest drug dealers. We are in Aghganistan?

Guess what? Opioids is the biggest drug epidemic in this country... 🤔

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Sep 30, 2017 at 12:27 PM ]
"When A Drug Epidemic Hit White America, Addiction Became A Disease
The scorn and dehumanization of the crack epidemic has been replaced by empathy and rehabilitation."

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5963a588e4b08f5c97d06b9a/amp

Hegelian Dialectic.

"We create the problem, then we give you our solution"

Afghganistan = Heroine.

Cia = Drug dealers.

America epidemic is opioids.. Connect the dots.

UNITY IS THE ONLY WAY TO FIGHT THESE TYRANTS AND TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

Reality is the drugs affect all our children.. Some way it affects everyone, the people. It's connected, Fact.

Gary Webb=Patriot.

Chelsie Manning=Patriot.

Keapernick=Patriot.

They use racism to keep us divided mean while they dump drugs and guns at our doorsteps..

While we cry help? Lol guess what? Militerization say bye bye to your rights and constitution..

Who loses???

THE PEOPLE! Unite people...
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Sep 30, 2017 at 12:31 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
All this hubaloo for nothing. No one cares, ratings will stay up. Play ball.

They've actually dropped. I heard a number as high as 19% overall from last week to before the Kap protest.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
It seems like you are though?

What does his arrest record have to do with him selling illegal cigarettes and getting choked out by cops..

Whats all this rationalization when he obviously was saying I can't breathe!!

Guess what? It was the complications that killed him, it aas the guy in the back who was a police officer who wouldn't stop choking him...

Again we continue to change the narrative.. The facts are he was selling illegal cigarettes and the cops choked him to death after he had his hands up..

We continue to look for narratives but tge facts.. It wasnt his complications, it was the lack of breathing.. He said he couldn't breathe a number of times..

His arrest record and health is irrelevant.. He had hus hands up and said he couldn't breathe.. Thats it...

I dont care what he was eating or doing prior... HE WASNT A THREAT.... Hands up like born said they never do? But the pictures show otherwise..

So because he was selling cigarettes illegally, had health problems the cops had the right to kill him after he had his hands up! No threat! No reaching for guns! 🤔

We continue to ignore the problem and look for excuses.

🤦‍♂️ Sad

There is video evidence of him resisting this arrest, and as soon as resistance is met to an arrest the police have every right to do what they feel is needed to in order to contain a situation. Seeing that he's physically imposing compared to those officers I can understand why they went for an aggressive approach after he pulled away from the officers...and based on his criminal record they knew they had a situation on their hands with the potential to blow out of control and who knows those officers probably even knew who they were dealing with before the arrest simply because he has so many priors in his own neighborhood before that arrest. Truth is he was breaking the law when they attempted to arrest him and went to further resist causing the officers to react more aggressively. The Obama DOJ stated as such as did the probes in their own city and both concluded the police where in their right to arrest him.

I'm not happy he's dead but I'm not going to blame the police for doing their job either and this situation that is being used to spur anti police sentiment speaks to a greater lesson...if the police catch you doing something criminal and attempt to arrest you...comply because if you don't there will be consequences and that's on you not them.
[ Edited by jcs on Sep 30, 2017 at 1:29 PM ]
I Just wanna stop hearing about it instead of football
I find it sad that most white america considers protests against racism, protests against America itself.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I find it sad that most white america considers protests against racism, protests against America itself.

Stop protesting the American anthem and the American flag and you won't see so many people offended.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
All this hubaloo for nothing. No one cares, ratings will stay up. Play ball.

They've actually dropped. I heard a number as high as 19% overall from last week to before the Kap protest.

Word. Some people refuse to see the light, no matter how brightly it is shined into their eyes.

I expect that number to double this weekend. There is no saving the NFL now.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

Stop protesting the American anthem and the American flag and you won't see so many people offended.

If people protest the molestation of choir boys in the Catholic Church by burning a cross I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be offended.

You can't respond with 'I can't believe black America considers protests against molesters, protests for racism'.
[ Edited by Born9erFan on Sep 30, 2017 at 2:37 PM ]
  • Jiks
Its sheer ignorance to say "were not disrescting the military". Well maybe that's not your motive, but it's obvious many people see it that way. Who are these people to tell others what's respectful or not? What makes their opinion of what's respectful any different than any others?

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Anyone that has a problem with the protest are the same people who are opposed to doing anything to change or help what the protest is about (the killing of unarmed innocent Black people).
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Thinking that NFL players are protesting the "flag" is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation.
[ Edited by SaksV on Sep 30, 2017 at 2:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Jiks:
Its sheer ignorance to say "were not disrescting the military". Well maybe that's not your motive, but it's obvious many people see it that way. Who are these people to tell others what's respectful or not? What makes their opinion of what's respectful any different than any others?

the only people who see it this way is those who bought the Fox News and Trump headlines that it's anti-military, they spun it around and some fell for it. most military members recognize what they are doing is their 1st amendment right. if anything, military personnel should be pissed that there are people out there trying to stop freedom of speech and using the military as their puppet.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Sep 30, 2017 at 3:00 PM ]
Originally posted by SaksV:
Thinking that NFL players are protesting the "flag" is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation.

I read your post earlier saying the same thing about Rosa Parks. There is a direct correlation to segregation and public transportation since the bus had segregated seats. She defied a law that was racist. When you kneel during the anthem it symbolizes you are protesting America and the flag and its military. Which has nothing to do with what is being protested. A big difference.

Everyone defending Kaep and NFL players are saying that their actions are the exact opossite of what their actions symbolize. But neither (hate of flag vs. love of flag) has anything to do racist police officers. Why is that so hard to understand.

Tell me how kneeling during the anthem is connected to racist police officers please. And don't say it's because it's protesting is more patriotic or American than than anything. Because this has never been a protest about people's right to protest.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by Jiks:

the only people who see it this way is those who bought the Fox News and Trump headlines that it's anti-military, they spun it around and some fell for it. most military members recognize what they are doing is their 1st amendment right. if anything, military personnel should be pissed that there are people out there trying to stop freedom of speech and using the military as their puppet.

Stupid answer. Nobody is saying they have no right to protest. People disagree with the method used. People cherish the flag and anthem, people cherish our first amendment, who are you to tell others why they cherish something? I'm 100% against the systematic oppression in this country. Im also against kneeling for the flag. I have been since a little kid and my grandpa taught me the importance of it.
Share 49ersWebzone