There are 219 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Yes, I wish we could've traded the Saints 2nd rounder instead, but considering the fact that we will be drafting very high and people will probably give up a kings ransom for our 1st rounder, so I bet we unloaded it for tons of other picks to continue to build the team and fill the multitude of holes we have.

Jimmy G could be the guy we've always needed. But we desperately need to get OL help to protect whoever is behind center. I hope this works out. It was clear we had to do something. At the end of the day, it's worth the risk of a 2nd rounder.

Just to add to this comment -- Jimmy is only 25 years old too.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Chill out bro.. Rodgers is more older than Garoppolo because the age is older for injured than young age be like Garoppolo. Thinking about it.

I am watch the Football for since many time. I understand about football games and injured by players.

buzz you need to chill lol.

pretty sure I've watched some football as well.

And I have no idea what you're talking about regarding age...Jimmy's injury happened the same way rogers did he got slammed into the ground, that's my pt. Freak injures happen doesn't mean he's injury prone at all. Like I said no injury throughout his college career.

draft profile:

"STRENGTHS- Has a very quick trigger and good wrist snap that translates to a smooth throwing motion and clean, compact delivery (no windup). Lightning release quickness. Urgent decision maker. Sells play-action. Athletic enough to slide in the pocket and buy time with his feet while keeping his eyes downfield. Good anticipation -- throws his receivers open. Can change ball speeds and drop it in a bucket. Does not take unnecessary sacks and will dump the ball. Will deliver the ball looking down the barrel of a gun. Tough-minded and poised in the pocket -- can withstand a hit and pop back up. Highly competitive. Smart, respected, vocal team leader. Very durable, experienced, four-year starter. Good football intelligence."
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49_852:
Man I wasnt really happy with this trade for all the same reason ghostofbaalke stated...The only thing i can think of is KS and LYNCH will evaluate him for the rest of the season to see if he's worth that money. But damn for a high 2nd round draft pick? They must be really confident in JG...This could make or brake KS and Lynch. But we'll have to trust them for now.

Would you draft JG with our second pick in the 2018 draft?

Hell yes!

Everyone would but he'd never make it out of the top 5.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
That wouldn't really make sense since the '95 team is now the Ravens. haha

Nope, the new Cleveland Browns got to keep the team history. He was the coach of the now Browns, not the Ravens.

Yes, I know they kept the history, but the owner that screwed BB is Art Modell. No reason for him to hate the Browns unless he just hates Cleveland in general. haha
Originally posted by NYniner85:
right...this past off season people were talking about giving up two 2nds and the media was all over it saying he was clearly worth a 1st rd pick lol.

John Middlekauff was just on twitter saying he'd give up a 1st no question for him. IMO this was a great deal for us and NE got a good draft pick.

We could take our top 3 pick and get Barkley or move the pick for a crap ton of picks....possibly recouping a 2nd and basically getting him for free! BUT people would still complain lol

Honestly, if it were reported that we gave up our first rounder for Garoppolo, I still wouldn't have been angry about the deal... Sure, Jimmy would have had to sign long-term before making the deal, but if so, I would've been ok with it.

No price is too high to pay if you have a chance at FINALLY acquiring your franchise QB.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think thats what I heard...2 one's.

It was reported yesterday that the Browns never offered anything more than a 2nd rounder and some spare change.

If Garoppolo works out well with the 49ers, Browns fans are going to start jumping off bridges. That might be the final straw.

Oh okay....i heard wrong then
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
And Your point is? Did you know that Case Keenum is the most prolific passer in NCAA history? Everybody was good in college.

His point is why are you comparing Jimmy G who was a 2nd rd pick and who a lot of coaches had ranked high on draft boards (including our HC) To guys like Matt Cassel WHO had limited talent and was a 7th rd pick for a reason...the only thing they have in common was that they played in NE. Matt Caseel wasn't even a starter in college.

Keenum was a UDFA...why are you trying to compare them when they clearly aren't the same from a talented aspect?
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think thats what I heard...2 one's.

It was reported yesterday that the Browns never offered anything more than a 2nd rounder and some spare change.

If Garoppolo works out well with the 49ers, Browns fans are going to start jumping off bridges. That might be the final straw.

Adam said a 2nd and 3rd and "some change" just now.
This is a decent move for us. But the timing is a little seat of the pants.

I hope they hold him out until staley comes back against a soft team so he doesnt get killed right away.

The pats letting him go means they dont see him as the long term solution.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Excerpt from T.Brady Article

"Belichick is seeking to secure an immortality of his own. No one knows how much longer he'll coach, but his friends give him two or three more years, enough to ensure that his two sons, Stephen and Brian, both Patriots assistants, are secure, and possibly long enough to establish a truly dynastic succession. He'd told friends for the past year that he wanted to coach Garoppolo as a starter and that he was confident he could win a Super Bowl with him. That, of course, would have required him to decouple himself from the player who has changed his life and his legacy, and so the question always was: Would he do it? Would he actually move on from TB12?"

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/21227039/can-tom-brady-leave-football-terms-tb12-method

Maybe BB wanted to but RK didn't want to?

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
What about when when Jacoby Brissett came in as a third string rookie, and accounted for 3 total TD's in his first game?
He is a product of the system!!!!!!
I'm sorry, but no. The "third-string rookie" played every bit like a third-string rookie. Did you even watch his games? His first start was against with the Texans, The Partiots won 27-0, but Brissett had 103 yards passing and 5.4 yards per attempt. They completely neutered their offense for him.

He didn't throw a touchdown pass in 2016. I'm not sure where the "3 total TDs" thing is coming from, because Brissett scored one time the entire 2016 season (a rushing TD). Are you referring to the Patriots putting up 27 points in his first start? In that game, the Patriots returned two Houston fumbles to the 20 yards line (two of their TD drives were 22 yards and 21 yards in length).

2016 numbers:
Garoppolo - 63 attempts (68.3 CMP%), 502 yards, 7.97 Y/A, 4 TD, 0 INT, 113.3 passer rating
Brissett - 55 attempts (61.8 CMP%), 400 yards, 7.27 Y/A, 0 TD, 0 INT, 83.9 passer rating (+ 1 rushing TD)

Super small sample size, but Garoppolo genuinely looked good, whereas Brissett looked like a rookie being handled with kid gloves.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Oct 31, 2017 at 8:08 AM ]
Chill out bro.. Rodgers is more older than Garoppolo because the age is older for injured than young age be like Garoppolo. Thinking about it.

I am watch the Football for since many time. I understand about football games and injured by players.

And I have no idea what you're talking about regarding age...Jimmy's injury happened the same way rogers did he got slammed into the ground, that's my pt. Freak injures happen doesn't mean he's injury prone at all. Like I said no injury throughout his college career.

draft profile:

"STRENGTHS- Has a very quick trigger and good wrist snap that translates to a smooth throwing motion and clean, compact delivery (no windup). Lightning release quickness. Urgent decision maker. Sells play-action. Athletic enough to slide in the pocket and buy time with his feet while keeping his eyes downfield. Good anticipation -- throws his receivers open. Can change ball speeds and drop it in a bucket. Does not take unnecessary sacks and will dump the ball. Will deliver the ball looking down the barrel of a gun. Tough-minded and poised in the pocket -- can withstand a hit and pop back up. Highly competitive. Smart, respected, vocal team leader. Very durable, experienced, four-year starter. Good football intelligence."

"WEAKNESSES- Is a tad undersized with small hands and short arms. Uses a three-quarters delivery that could lead to batted balls. Works heavily out of the shotgun in a spread offense and footwork could require adjustment to working from under center. Does not always feel pressure in the pocket. Does not rip the deep out or drive the ball with high RPMs. Undershoots and often hangs the deep ball. Makes receivers work for the ball downfield and deep accuracy could stand to improve. Makes a lot of simple, one-look reads and was not heavily challenged by consistent pressure or complex looks in the Ohio Valley Conference."
If all Clv offered was a 2nnd and change NE likely wanted to wait and see knowing they could still move Jimmy later.

draft profile:

Guess who slammed him into the ground -- that f**king prick, Kiko Alonso.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Joecool:
So, how long before Jimmy G gets hurt? at 6'2 225. He's built sort of like RG3.

You mean Aaron Rodgers? Basically the same size. I don't see any particular reason to believe he is injury prone. Go look at him getting thrown down on his shoulder and tell me how many QBs aren't missing time after something like that.

Rodgers looks like he has thicker joints or forearms. Jimmy G looks a little more petite.
This is a dumb discussion...was going to go into more depth with pictures and stories but it's just too dumb....
Share 49ersWebzone