There are 350 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by thl408:
Wow #1 in yards per attempt. That is efficient! I guess Tannyhill and Stafford don't have enough attempts to qualify. I know we can attribute some of that to scheme with all the nifty screens and slide plays to get lots of RAC but point is he is operating this offense very well and he's just getting started.

People been nitpicking his accuracy is annoying. Like, "that ball should be 4 inches to the right on a throw 30 feet away between defenders" but we have gotten so much yac because Jimmy will put the ball on the money. Would anyone say we have more playmakers or run after catch guys than the Chiefs or Rams or saints who are LOADED on their offenses?

I think a lot people lack football knowledge and that plays into it. Alot of fans think every pass should lead the receiver. Not taking into account the positioning of linebackers or safeties. Giving no credit for the pass rush getting home or other defenders in the throwing lanes. It is so bittersweet to see Jimmy hold the ball till the last second before he gets ran over.

I mean the way this guy throws a pick and comes back and threads the needle without hesitation is what sold me on Jimmy. That plus his TD vs Seattle the first time he stepped out there. Which I was there to see in person.
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Wow #1 in yards per attempt. That is efficient! I guess Tannyhill and Stafford don't have enough attempts to qualify. I know we can attribute some of that to scheme with all the nifty screens and slide plays to get lots of RAC but point is he is operating this offense very well and he's just getting started.

People been nitpicking his accuracy is annoying. Like, "that ball should be 4 inches to the right on a throw 30 feet away between defenders" but we have gotten so much yac because Jimmy will put the ball on the money. Would anyone say we have more playmakers or run after catch guys than the Chiefs or Rams or saints who are LOADED on their offenses?

I think a lot people lack football knowledge and that plays into it. Alot of fans think every pass should lead the receiver. Not taking into account the positioning of linebackers or safeties. Giving no credit for the pass rush getting home or other defenders in the throwing lanes. It is so bittersweet to see Jimmy hold the ball till the last second before he gets ran over.

I mean the way this guy throws a pick and comes back and threads the needle without hesitation is what sold me on Jimmy. That plus his TD vs Seattle the first time he stepped out there. Which I was there to see in person.

Jimmy ain't scared of nothing. Great trait to have as a QB. He is the man. If you can't see that, well then I feel sorry for you. I'm looking at you "media".
[ Edited by PA49ersfan on Dec 31, 2019 at 5:21 AM ]

Jimmy G since Sanders trade

10 games
215/309
69.6%
2664 yards
20 TDs
7 Ints
108.1 rate
8.6 yards/att

These numbers are Steve Young-like. That yards per att matched Steve's 1994 number. I love how some (mainly Seahawk bloggers talking s**t on twitter) try to paint his air yards and rac yards as a bad thing. Kyle's offense may not be identical to Walsh WCO but it is like his Dad's flavor and RAC is a huge part of it.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Dec 31, 2019 at 5:35 AM ]
Just to give you an insight on what made James, Jimmy-Gonna-Rip-Your-Face-Off-With-My-Quick-Release-Garoppolo..these videos of him working with Jeff Christensen are amazing. Also, I don't know how to post vids...so here are the links

Jeff Christensen on Jimmy G

Jimmy Training

Another comment on the quick release
[ Edited by CrankDatCrabtree on Dec 31, 2019 at 8:55 AM ]
Those hating can ead

Cant wait to see this again

Russell Wilson also wants to take a minute to talk about how great CJ Beathard played Sunday.
What was that idiot tweet by that Seattle reporter a couple days before the game that got a ton of likes again? Talked about how "bad" Jimmy was. Need to read it so I can laugh at it again.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Dec 31, 2019 at 6:52 PM ]
Jimmy G has grown so much this year as a QB, even last 4 games... top 5 in the league, baby

Hes not elite according to mike golic. If he wins a title and he plays well, then he would be an elite qb
Originally posted by socal1632:
He's like 21-5 overall as a starter. Has an elite arm, elite release and an elite football mind. He threw 27 td's in a run first scheme. Would have had 45 on Seattle.
Nobody is mistake free. Your confused

Lol....A record and a bunch of excuse-stats doesnt equal consistency. He's not there yet in terms of being elite. He had a damn good game in his last outing...and a damn good ending to the 1 before.

Not rushing the title of "elite" on a guy that hasnt earned it with consistent, game-after-game play.

Average fans need to only check off a couple boxes for such proclaimations... "1) he's a good player and 2) hell...he's on my team"

...but everyone doesnt want to be the average fan so no thanks...I can enjoy great wins on an awesome team that I love without buying into all the forced, fairytale headlines.

Consistent play with alot less gaffes just as in his last game. Knowing what to expect game in, game out will earn his way into the Quarterback Club.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Hes not elite according to mike golic. If he wins a title and he plays well, then he would be an elite qb

East coast bias at its best
Career playoff records:
Tom Brady 20-10
Patrick Mahomes 1-1
Lamar Jackson/Deshaun Watson 0-1
Josh Allen/Ryan Tannehill 0-0
-----------
Brees/Rodgers/Wilson - IDK but it's a lot
Kirk Cousins 0-1
Jimmy G./Carson Wentz 0-0

I don't finish my judgment of a QB until I see how he performs in the playoffs. Wins aren't the only thing; it's a team game. But you have to play well.

I think it's fair not to call Jimmy G. "elite" yet. Wait till after the Super Bowl, then we can do it.
Originally posted by random49er:
Lol....A record and a bunch of excuse-stats doesnt equal consistency. He's not there yet in terms of being elite. He had a damn good game in his last outing...and a damn good ending to the 1 before.

Not rushing the title of "elite" on a guy that hasnt earned it with consistent, game-after-game play.

Average fans need to only check off a couple boxes for such proclaimations... "1) he's a good player and 2) hell...he's on my team"

...but everyone doesnt want to be the average fan so no thanks...I can enjoy great wins on an awesome team that I love without buying into all the forced, fairytale headlines.

Consistent play with alot less gaffes just as in his last game. Knowing what to expect game in, game out will earn his way into the Quarterback Club.
Ok. What does "elite" mean in this case? Who are the "elite" QB's in the league? Honestly I don't give a fat rats a$$ about Jimmy Gangsta being "elite". All I know is that when he gets the pill TD's follow. If that ain't "elite", too friggin' bad. The dude wins games and THAT IS WHAT MATTERS!!!
Share 49ersWebzone