There are 377 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lamar is a way better passer than kaepernick ever was. let's see how is body holds up after taking all these hits though. i wouldn't count on him staying healthy.

Rewatch the end of 2012. Colin was throwing a lot of great balls.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
lamar is a way better passer than kaepernick ever was. let's see how is body holds up after taking all these hits though. i wouldn't count on him staying healthy.

Yea, don't understand how people try to downplay Kaeps passing ability while praising Lamar. I haven't seen anything from Lamar this year that makes me believe he's a great passer.
Well, whatever Jimmy is doing it is being noticed by the boys at ESPN. He has now gone from 16th ranked QB of a while back to 9th best QB in the playoffs. Wow! What a move, and how great they moved him to 9th best QB in the playoffs.

I guess the fact he led this team to 13 Ws and was the highest rated 3rd down conversion machine out there, doesn't seem to impress these boys.. As noted above, Cousins was at 48% and Brees at 46.8% , and Wilson was at ~ 40%. Still, JG had the highest rating of any QB still left in playoffs when it came time for 3rd down conversions. And to jack him up all the way to 9th best QB remaining...man that is really a fantastic accolade.

Makes one wonder exactly what these QB raters are really watching.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Well, whatever Jimmy is doing it is being noticed by the boys at ESPN. He has now gone from 16th ranked QB of a while back to 9th best QB in the playoffs. Wow! What a move, and how great they moved him to 9th best QB in the playoffs.

I guess the fact he led this team to 13 Ws and was the highest rated 3rd down conversion machine out there, doesn't seem to impress these boys.. As noted above, Cousins was at 48% and Brees at 46.8% , and Wilson was at ~ 40%. Still, JG had the highest rating of any QB still left in playoffs when it came time for 3rd down conversions. And to jack him up all the way to 9th best QB remaining...man that is really a fantastic accolade.

NFL redzone

Fact: anyone outside of the Bay Area or who is not a fan of the Niners are all Niners haters.
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Yea, don't understand how people try to downplay Kaeps passing ability while praising Lamar. I haven't seen anything from Lamar this year that makes me believe he's a great passer.

36 TDs/6 INTs

He's not great but he sure is efficient.
Originally posted by FL9er:

I think its still too early for these type of videos.
there are times that i think derek carr is awful and the raiders need to move on...but his numbers aren't that bad actually

They probably should move on. Over the last 8 games, he had just one multiple touchdown game. Oakland was 3-5 over that stretch.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 1, 2020 at 4:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
there are times that i think derek carr is awful and the raiders need to move on...but his numbers aren't that bad actually

They probably should move on. Over the last 8 games, he had just one multiple touchdown game. Oakland was 3-5 over that stretch.

Carr is wildly inconsistent. He can be terrific when he's on, but when he isn't good luck winning.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

NFL redzone

Hey now! I watch NFL Redzone. It is the greatest channel ever created. But I love meaningful statistics and the all 22 film breakdowns also.

Yards, TDs, and Int

And it doesn't matter how many passes it takes to accumulate the raw stats.

Oh and what their peers are saying
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Carr is wildly inconsistent. He can be terrific when he's on, but when he isn't good luck winning.

There's wincing in pain when getting hurt, then there's crying like a baby. Derek Carr cried like a little b***h and that alone takes him down a notch by coaches and players alike I guarantee it. There's a video of a pre game speech by him where he's yelling to them that he lays it all on the line, his teammates looks at him obviously holding back laughter It's hilarious
Originally posted by 49ers808:
There's wincing in pain when getting hurt, then there's crying like a baby. Derek Carr cried like a little b***h and that alone takes him down a notch by coaches and players alike I guarantee it. There's a video of a pre game speech by him where he's yelling to them that he lays it all on the line, his teammates looks at him obviously holding back laughter It's hilarious

his numbers aren't much worse than jimmy's. is jimmy better? of course he is.
Top 10 QB
Best 1st full season ever?
Share 49ersWebzone