There are 257 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Snitch:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
As a huge liberal, I believe Kap is the better option than Jimmy G. He may not put up the stats or even be as clutch as Jimmy, but Kap is out making the world a better place. That is more important than football.

ok, cool. I don't think anyone would agree, and I also don't think its the right spot for this hot take. So lets just move on past it.

HAHAHAHA. I was joking. Jimmy G is the best QB we've had since Garcia. Feels good to have a QB that you can trust with 2 minutes left in the game. Jimmy G has 5 game winning drives this year. That is clutch

1) Pit
2) Arizona (converted 3 third downs to end game)
3) Arizona
4) New Orleans
5) LA Rams

If I wasn't such a loser in real life I'd have his babies.

I agree with Rubberneck...why don't you take your posts and go somewhere else? This is actually a football , a 49er football site.

Nah, I'm good. It's not my fault you're uptight and can't take a joke. Besides, I said I was joking and started talking about Jimmy again. you're the one now derailing the thread.
[ Edited by Snitch on Jan 2, 2020 at 7:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Thanos89:
As a huge liberal, I believe Kap is the better option than Jimmy G. He may not put up the stats or even be as clutch as Jimmy, but Kap is out making the world a better place. That is more important than football.

LOL. Right? Glad some people have a sense of humor. I guess you have to fit a certain persona to become a mod because i had 2 of the them whining about it.
his footwork has improved a lot as the season has progressed. he looked uncomfortable planting the leg for awhile there. may have affected his accuracy.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Wth? What does being liberal have to do with understanding how football is played? For starters,Kap wouldve never been able to comprehend a single page out of Shanahans playbook, fortunately this is only the 2nd most ridiculous take ive seen all day after mayos reasons for hating Steve Young

Kap prob can't read a pee wee defense . Couldn't put touch on a ball to save his life
[ Edited by socal1632 on Jan 2, 2020 at 7:03 AM ]
The only knock I have personally on JG is a lot of the balls are just behind a guy making it a slightly tougher catch.
He takes a few more sacks than I would like, but I think it is because he doesn't want to ever give up on a play and I MUCH prefer that than someone who is quick to throw it away and the Niners are punting all the time and stalling drives. I never think the drive is over just because it is 3rd and long, where in the past it was always over.

He is clutch, smart, can move around, and most importantly seems to really have that leadership IT factor that Championship QB's need. I am glad he is ranked so low as it will make it even sweeter to see him holding the Lombardi in about 30 days.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

ok, cool. I don't think anyone would agree, and I also don't think its the right spot for this hot take. So lets just move on past it.

HAHAHAHA. I was joking. Jimmy G is the best QB we've had since Garcia. Feels good to have a QB that you can trust with 2 minutes left in the game. Jimmy G has 5 game winning drives this year. That is clutch

1) Pit
3) Arizona
4) New Orleans
5) LA Rams

I agree with Rubberneck...why don't you take your posts and go somewhere else? This is actually a football , a 49er football site.

[ Edited by Snitch on Jan 2, 2020 at 7:07 AM ]

LOL. Right? Glad some people have a sense of humor. I guess you have to fit a certain persona to become a mod because i had 2 of the them whining about it.

you think that is whining? lol, ok. Why don't you chill out.
The Patriots reportedly had a better offer for Garoppolo on the table from the Cleveland Browns, but Belichick "settled" for a trade with the Niners to put his backup QB in a better position going forward, per Bleacher Report's Joon Lee. The New England coach clearly thought very highly of Garoppolo after drafting him in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Belichick's apparent soft spot for Tom Brady's backup greatly benefited Shanahan and the Niners, who landed their potential QB of the future at what appears to be a very reasonable price.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/07/bill-belichicks-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-offer-stunned-kyle-shanahan-dad-says/
so far this has been a good read too

"A Bit of Brady": How Jimmy Garoppolo Copied the G.O.A.T.—Then Escaped His Shadow

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/24/jimmy-garoppolo-tom-brady-san-francisco-49ers

1) Pit
3) Arizona
4) New Orleans
5) LA Rams

Should have been 6 if Gould was healthy for the first Seattle game.

Originally posted by bigmur49:
The only knock I have personally on JG is a lot of the balls are just behind a guy making it a slightly tougher catch.
He takes a few more sacks than I would like, but I think it is because he doesn't want to ever give up on a play and I MUCH prefer that than someone who is quick to throw it away and the Niners are punting all the time and stalling drives. I never think the drive is over just because it is 3rd and long, where in the past it was always over.

He is clutch, smart, can move around, and most importantly seems to really have that leadership IT factor that Championship QB's need. I am glad he is ranked so low as it will make it even sweeter to see him holding the Lombardi in about 30 days.

It's great that Jimmy wants to make plays but you can't take sacks in crucial situations. You go from 3rd and manageable to a 3rd and long and the drive stalls. You can't expect to convert 3rd and 12 or 3rd and 16 all the time, especially in the playoffs. He'll learn this with more experience. Right now he's like a lot of young QB's that think they can make every play because they could in college.The NFL defenses are a lot better and most of them learn that after awhile. Some of his INT's may be the result of him trying to make a play out of nothing and forcing a pass into a tight area. Again, he'll learn when and where to throw into tight windows.

He was throwing high or behind his receivers at the start of the year but he really has improved in that area as he has gotten more familiar with his receivers. We have to keep reminding ourselves that he is just completing his first season. Seems like he is much more experienced than he really is since he was here for the end of 2017 and 3 games in 2018.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jan 2, 2020 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by aQBnamedtouchback:
This dude is turning into a Brady Jr. Thank God we got this dude, and for chump change. Thank you belicheck and Mr. Kraft. I would buy Kraft a happy ending for the many years of helping us to become a contender.

and we got gronk jr

Skittle be acting nice lately.

Man, that's an insult. Comparing me to a Seahawks fan...
Elite...or at the least very, very good.

329/476 (69.12%) 3978 yds (8.4 YPA) 27 TDs 13 INTs 102 QB Rating 60.2 QBR (ESPN)

Overall, that's an outstanding year. 69% completion with 8.4 YPA is elite. And he's played better in the second half of the season (against better teams).

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Sorcery

I think this is an UGLY play and hope that the team to never use it again... this is one of those play where he gets into trouble when the initial target is covered.. We're lucky that there was NO zone blitz or else...

The king it seems of sh** takes.
Share 49ersWebzone