There are 253 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
The Patriots reportedly had a better offer for Garoppolo on the table from the Cleveland Browns, but Belichick "settled" for a trade with the Niners to put his backup QB in a better position going forward, per Bleacher Report's Joon Lee. The New England coach clearly thought very highly of Garoppolo after drafting him in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Belichick's apparent soft spot for Tom Brady's backup greatly benefited Shanahan and the Niners, who landed their potential QB of the future at what appears to be a very reasonable price.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/07/bill-belichicks-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-offer-stunned-kyle-shanahan-dad-says/

While this may be true, it's always better to trade a player you don't want to face in the future out of the conference.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
The Patriots reportedly had a better offer for Garoppolo on the table from the Cleveland Browns, but Belichick "settled" for a trade with the Niners to put his backup QB in a better position going forward, per Bleacher Report's Joon Lee. The New England coach clearly thought very highly of Garoppolo after drafting him in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Belichick's apparent soft spot for Tom Brady's backup greatly benefited Shanahan and the Niners, who landed their potential QB of the future at what appears to be a very reasonable price.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/07/bill-belichicks-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-offer-stunned-kyle-shanahan-dad-says/

While this may be true, it's always better to trade a player you don't want to face in the future out of the conference.

Exactly. Plus Cleveland is where careers die.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Originally posted by Snitch:
HAHAHAHA. I was joking. Jimmy G is the best QB we've had since Garcia. Feels good to have a QB that you can trust with 2 minutes left in the game. Jimmy G has 5 game winning drives this year. That is clutch

1) Pit
2) Arizona (converted 3 third downs to end game)
3) Arizona
4) New Orleans
5) LA Rams

If I wasn't such a loser in real life I'd have his babies.

Should have been 6 if Gould was healthy for the first Seattle game.

Jimmy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garcia.

Best since Young and will overtake Young within five years.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
329/476 (69.12%) 3978 yds (8.4 YPA) 27 TDs 13 INTs 102 QB Rating 60.2 QBR (ESPN)

Overall, that's an outstanding year. 69% completion with 8.4 YPA is elite. And he's played better in the second half of the season (against better teams).

That´s the most encouraging thing.
The way he played in New Orleans, Baltimore or Seattle, even against the Packers is a clear indication that he is more than capable to leading this team to a great run in the Playoffs.
And against the Rams, he was trash for three quarters and then in the fourth he was exceptional. Clutch as f**k.
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Originally posted by 9moon:
i would NEVER replace the horse that got me over the bridge... I'm taking Jimmy The Gift all the wayyyyy babyyyyy !!!!

and to be honest, if Shanny can just be MORE creative with Jimmy's style, he can be better than how he is NOW..

Shanny is getting all that he needs from him,Shanny only wants to win f**k fantasy stats ✌️

wasn't talking about stats.. I'm saying that there could be other ways to use Jimmy and be more creative..
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
This is the guy responsible for instilling that Brady like tendencies into Jimmy G:
Jeff Christensen on Jimmy G
Nice. Great find. I'll say it again, I cannot believe the Patriots traded this guy away. I'm so happy that we were the beneficiaries of Robert Kraft letting sentiment triumph over common sense. They could have kept on winning Super Bowls with Belichik and Garoppolo.
Jimmy Garoppolo in the 5 games we faced playoff teams this year:

1300 yards
8 TD, 2 INT
67.4% comp.
11.1 yds per attempt
108.6 passer rating
Jimmy been playoff ready since mid November
Originally posted by Niners99:

1300 yards
8 TD, 2 INT
67.4% comp.
11.1 yds per attempt
108.6 passer rating

And those I think are the most recent games showing how he has improved as the season has gone on.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Jimmy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garcia.

Best since Young and will overtake Young within five years.

Not sure about the second part but only time will tell.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Niners99:

1300 yards
8 TD, 2 INT
67.4% comp.
11.1 yds per attempt
108.6 passer rating

And those I think are the most recent games showing how he has improved as the season has gone on.

11.1 yards per attempt is eye popping, it's such a amazing stat!!!

See

just got my shirt

just got my shirt

So....can ya link us though?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Elite...or at the least very, very good.

Absolutely love this guy as our QB
No more questions, baby!
Share 49ersWebzone