There are 272 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Oilcan:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by rathman4481:
I just want one super bowl in my lifetime.

I assume you were born after 94.

Damn that makes me feel old.
I guess that is one benefit of being older ( 53 ) I remember them all. 😃

Only one I really remember was the 94 one as that was back when I started High School.

Of course back in those days the real Superbowl was always the NFC championship games, the Superbowls were just a formality. It seemed like the AFC would never win one.

Lucky you. I would have been about 9 months old during the last super bowl win. My memory of the Niners goes as far back as Brandon Lloyd and Julian Peterson that's it lol
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

Only one I really remember was the 94 one as that was back when I started High School.

Of course back in those days the real Superbowl was always the NFC championship games, the Superbowls were just a formality. It seemed like the AFC would never win one.

Lucky you. I would have been about 9 months old during the last super bowl win. My memory of the Niners goes as far back as Brandon Lloyd and Julian Peterson that's it lol

Its funny that I had a friend that is an Eagles fan and even after we won the Superbowl he would always bring up that they beat us during the season like it really mattered.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

For a few more years anyway 😲

Now that's funny
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Jimmy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garcia.

Best since Young and will overtake Young within five years.

Seems unlikely but then again he's 3 games away from matching Young's Super Bowls and the team should be favored in at least 2 of those.
It's a dream to imagine them averaging over 40 points per game though.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Nice to be chillin' this week.

Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by golfish:

I wasn't really an NFL fan when I was in high school. Being Irish, I was a Notre Dame fan (after the mid 70s) When SF drafted Montana I became a 49ers fan.
It's been a rollercoaster ride.

I really like Jimmy, I don't know about any of you guys but he kind of reminds me of Joe, except Joe had a better arm.

I don't know about a better arm. What Joe had was, that in the biggest games, no matter how many mistakes he may have made earlier to get in a crunch situation, with the game on the line in the 4th qtr he played like a kid on Christmas day who just received his first football. Absolutely fearless.

I wasn't really an NFL fan when I was in high school. Being Irish, I was a Notre Dame fan (after the mid 70s) When SF drafted Montana I became a 49ers fan.

I really like Jimmy, I don't know about any of you guys but he kind of reminds me of Joe, except Joe had a better arm.

I don't know about a better arm. What Joe had was, that in the biggest games, no matter how many mistakes he may have made earlier to get in a crunch situation, with the game on the line in the 4th qtr he played like a kid on Christmas day who just received his first football. Absolutely fearless.

I agree if by better you mean stronger I would say probably not.
His arm was strong enough, he was excellent at reading defenses. His throws were all about timing he dint wait till you where open to throw he expected you to be at a spot and threw it there.

His arm was strong enough, he was excellent at reading defenses. His throws were all about timing he dint wait till you where open to throw he expected you to be at a spot and threw it there.

Right. I think lots of people romanticize the skills of their earlier football gods. Joe's arm was strong enough but certainly not a cannon. He would get himself into messes and had lots of games where he looked pretty ordinary for much of the game. Joe would usually score on the first drive of the game, disappear for a stretch, get a score in the two minute drill before half where he was virtually undefendable. Then play ok for a bit and then lock in at the end of the game. If we needed a score in the last minute or two you could just go ahead and book it no matter who was on d or how big the game was. It became routine. No stress as a fan. You knew he was converting. Getting the same vibe with jimmy. Jimmy has every bit as good of arm strength with a quicker release for whatever it is worth.

I was born 1990 so unfortunately I don't remember 94 :/
I was 3 years old when the 49ers won their last super bowl, remember just about nothing about it
I'm a couple of months older that Shanny. I Missed out on seeing 81 and 84 live.

My first 49er memories were losing to the Cowboys in the playoffs and then getting Deion and finally winning. The SB was an afterthought. The real SB was beating Aikman/Smith/Irvin.

Joe was very accurate and made excellent decisions. Jimmy Gangsta has a quick release, seems to read defenses very well, and it looks like his accuracy is getting better with the games. In the jd review, he shows how J Gangsta saw how the chickens lined up to look like man but realized it was zone (or vice versa) and made the correct throw. I really hope Jimmy has a huge jock strap cause pretty soon people are going to be all over it!!!
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I was 3 years old when the 49ers won their last super bowl, remember just about nothing about it

Its the greatest feeling ever. You will be happy for a year.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Its the greatest feeling ever. You will be happy for a year.

i was 7 years old. my first niner game i ever remember watching was the championship game vs dallas. 2nd was the super bowl vs san diego.
Originally posted by John_Candy:

Erin Andrews wants to find out what else will feel great
Share 49ersWebzone