There are 341 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Jimmy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garcia.

Best since Young and will overtake Young within five years.

Not sure about the second part but only time will tell.

This

Young was great but fu**ed up in the playoffs a lot and just didn't get it done. He was no Joe.

I should have prefaced it with if Jimmy wins the SB this year, he will overtake Young within five years. Let's see if Jimmy makes the costly mistakes Young did in the playoffs. Young was the greatest regular season qb of all time until P Manning took that title. Not great in the postseason outside of 94
Young was great but fu**ed up in the playoffs a lot and just didn't get it done. He was no Joe.

What NFL QBs across the league were "Joes" this past 60+ yrs? Why does Young have to be a "Joe" if they dont?

Young did more with less...losing to a much more talented Dallas team over and over, e.g., was not f***ing up. It's being beat by a better team.

He shouldve been 1 of the 8 QBs on the 100 Team if you care about efficiency and a supporting cast.
Originally posted by random49er:

What NFL QBs across the league were "Joes" this past 60+ yrs? Why does Young have to be a "Joe" if they dont?

Young did more with less...losing to a much more talented Dallas team over and over, e.g., was not f***ing up. It's being beat by a better team.

He shouldve been 1 of the 8 QBs on the 100 Team if you care about efficiency and a supporting cast.

We were just as talented as Dallas. Young threw two costly picks in the 92 game and another pick in the 93 game. If Young played better we could have won those games esp in 92. Two costly INTs is fu**ing up. Was mediocre against the Packers as well from 96 to 99. Great regular season qb though. Too bad regular season doesnt mean jack.
We were just as talented as Dallas.

Lol,....Larry Allen is cracking up at this.

Research Dallas' Oline back in those days,...then compare it to ours.

Literally night and day. Our Olines in those years did not compare to what Montana had.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 3, 2020 at 4:58 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:

Yes. The man made the offense run like a machine. That was some beautiful football right there.
So we're bashing Steve Young now? Lol ok....

Never change webzone
Get this sh*t out of Jimmy Gsus' thread. All that matters is that we've found our QB.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Get this sh*t out of Jimmy Gsus' thread. All that matters is that we've found our QB.

THIS.

I don't have an issue with people ranking Jimmy low when making these "top QBs in the playoffs" because I'm confident when these lists are reshuffled after the playoffs Jimmy will be climbing the list for sure.

Jimmy finished the year with the best 3rd down conversion % passing the ball and unlike what some folks on twitter think it wasn't due to getting a bunch of 3rd and short plays(he was actually 4/10 on 3rd and short(3 yards or less)

He was #1 on 3rd and medium and #2 on 3rd and long. He had 4 comebacks which is tied for most in the NFL and 4 game winning drives which was tied for 2nd most. Wilson/Allen/Watson tied for first with 5 and if our backup kicker makes the OT kick against Seattle Wilson ends with 4 and Jimmy gets 5.

We'll see soon enough what he's got but Jimmy is a legit QB and he's stepping it up as of late. Take away all the picks off receivers hands and give him back the TDs wiped away by borderline penalties and his numbers look a lot more impressive and that's with us hardly throwing the ball early in the season and that's with us pre Sanders.

Feels great baby!
People get way to hung up on where players are ranked by some group or writer. Why? It's only their opinion.
Originally posted by genus49:

Take away all the picks off receivers hands and give him back the TDs wiped away by borderline penalties and his numbers look a lot more impressive and that's with us hardly throwing the ball early in the season and that's with us pre Sanders.

We'd have to take away all the picks for all teams, and give back TDs to QBs for the other 31 teams as well. These "take away" and "give back" arguments for 1 lone player never make any sense and kinda shows your fandom for certain players clouds judgement.

Originally posted by genus49:

Feels great baby!

We feel just as good as you do, bruva!! Just feel that legit discussion of the team is a lil more fun than constant online high-fiving.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 3, 2020 at 8:29 AM ]

I think he doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's fairly low-key when it comes to how he acts on the field and in post game interviews. He made one "baby" comment and it blew up. Other than that, I don't think I have ever heard him credit himself for anything. All he does is make amazingly difficult throws under 20 yards look like routine throws.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I was 3 years old when the 49ers won their last super bowl, remember just about nothing about it

me too Lol. turned 4 that year.
Jimmy has played so good down the stretch in the final games of the season. he's brought us back and had like 5 4th quarter comebacks, has never been phased after throwing an interception. If this Seattle game has told me anything it's that the moment, atmosphere, crowd, circumstances, are never too big for him. he has ice in his veins. and will continue to do so in the playoffs. this is who he is, his makeup, demeanor, poise, everything. it's such a great feeling.

I just knew after that 2017 season there was something different about him. the way he came into that Seattle game at home and threw that last second touchdown. the way he stood tall in the pocket, decisive, kept eyes down field, arm release and accuracy; just knew we had something.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Jan 3, 2020 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think he doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's fairly low-key when it comes to how he acts on the field and in post game interviews. He made one "baby" comment and it blew up. Other than that, I don't think I have ever heard him credit himself for anything. All he does is make amazingly difficult throws under 20 yards look like routine throws.

Agree!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone