There are 306 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by okdkid:

Lol YES
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think he doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's fairly low-key when it comes to how he acts on the field and in post game interviews. He made one "baby" comment and it blew up. Other than that, I don't think I have ever heard him credit himself for anything. All he does is make amazingly difficult throws under 20 yards look like routine throws.

Agree!!

Media loves characters and controversy. He's neither. Doesn't make crazy statements or crazy plays. All he does is play and win.

Other things you say?

Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
So we're bashing Steve Young now? Lol ok....

Never change webzone

Says the dude who was three fu**ing years old in 94 and an a toddler, and just nine years old by the time Young's run was done. Not to mention not living through the 80s and watching Montana. Young was great...super great...during the REGULAR SEASON. Outside of 94 he disappointed in the playoffs.

So three years old in 94...yeah you're going to have a solid perspective on Young. Whether my take has merit or not, your take is virtually worthless considering the above. There is a lot to criticize about Young's playoff performance as the 49ers qb.

lol they should be able to rule common words and phrases as public domain. Its weird that you can trademark a non-unique remark...
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Says the dude who was three fu**ing years old in 94 and an a toddler, and just nine years old by the time Young's run was done. Not to mention not living through the 80s and watching Montana. Young was great...super great...during the REGULAR SEASON. Outside of 94 he disappointed in the playoffs.

So three years old in 94...yeah you're going to have a solid perspective on Young. Whether my take has merit or not, your take is virtually worthless considering the above. There is a lot to criticize about Young's playoff performance as the 49ers qb.

Stupid logic. You don't have to witness something live to know all about it. Its called being a historian. Often times the people who study the past are even more knowledgeable than people who were around for it.

Steve Young won a Super Bowl, a SB MVP, two NFL MVP's, three first team All-Pro selections, 7 pro bowl selections, and was inducted into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot.

He ran into some elite Cowboys and Packers teams, and was always battling injuries. To dismiss his career because he didn't win the SB in every opportunity is ridiculous. With such high standards, surely you've achieved supreme greatness in life, right?
Originally posted by genus49:

Other things you say?

I can see Kiara Mia doing the internet ad.

'I love Jimmy G condoms. It feels great baby!'
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
People get way to hung up on where players are ranked by some group or writer. Why? It's only their opinion.

Because they are public, so the perception is that mostly everyone believes this. Add in the east coast bias and boom, we get the 'weak' link crap.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol they should be able to rule common words and phrases as public domain. Its weird that you can trademark a non-unique remark...

They filed for it. That doesn't mean they will be awarded it.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Stupid logic. You don't have to witness something live to know all about it. Its called being a historian. Often times the people who study the past are even more knowledgeable than people who were around for it.

Steve Young won a Super Bowl, a SB MVP, two NFL MVP's, three first team All-Pro selections, 7 pro bowl selections, and was inducted into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot.

He ran into some elite Cowboys and Packers teams, and was always battling injuries. To dismiss his career because he didn't win the SB in every opportunity is ridiculous. With such high standards, surely you've achieved supreme greatness in life, right?

I saw it live and I share, and have always shared, the opinion of Steve as a regular season QB. Now I respectfully bow out of this argument. I lived through it for many years, no reason to go through it again.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Jimmy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garcia.

Best since Young and will overtake Young within five years.

Not sure about the second part but only time will tell.

This

Young was great but fu**ed up in the playoffs a lot and just didn't get it done. He was no Joe.

I should have prefaced it with if Jimmy wins the SB this year, he will overtake Young within five years. Let's see if Jimmy makes the costly mistakes Young did in the playoffs. Young was the greatest regular season qb of all time until P Manning took that title. Not great in the postseason outside of 94
It wasn't really Steve's fault, but Seifert's. When you trade your franchise edge rusher for peanuts, you end up in the poor house. That's what happened to Steve. He never really had a Fred Dean/Charles Haley for his entire career, unlike Joe and hopefully Jimmy - With Bosa, (and hopefully his brother Joey! )
  • thl408
Please talk about Steve Young in the appropriate thread, the 49er/Seahawks gameday thread.
  • thl408
Actually, if people want to compare Steve to Jimmy then have at it. This week is like the offseason so oh well.
Let's talk about Jimmy and only Jimmy on this thread. Please stop the comparisons when they have absolutely no validity. Teams were different. Rules were different. Players are different. Salary cap and free agency were not around for most of Joe and Steve's careers. Just be happy that Jimmy is winning now and hopefully will keep winning.
That one time Jimmy and Steve had a chat.

Share 49ersWebzone