Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
After the 49ers roll the vikings.... in the restroom

Cousins wife: Jimmy, Do you like that?

Jimmy: Feels great, Baby!

Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
the 1 game where Jimmy G had a 4th Quarter comeback drive attempt and threw a game-ending interception.

You gonna post this in every thread?

to every thread it's relevant to. you're goddamn right.

gtfo
Morris fumbled at the goal line against Minn last year. Kittle dropped a TD. Bourne ran the wrong route on the pick 6. That game was similar to the Pitt game from this season where they made a ton of mistakes on offense.
Originally posted by John_Candy:
Morris fumbled at the goal line against Minn last year. Kittle dropped a TD. Bourne ran the wrong route on the pick 6. That game was similar to the Pitt game from this season where they made a ton of mistakes on offense.

let the past die.

yup, that game means nothing today.
Just gonna throw it out there that Kyle wanted Kirk first

Hope Jimmy G OBLITERATES everything purple.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

let the past die.

No. Those games were our offense at our worst. It's not a coincidence that those games happened early in their seasons. No way we play that sloppy in January. And the roster is much better this year.

But the main point of that post was that JG wasn't as bad against Minn as people in here are saying. I mentioned Pitt as well because that was another example of box score stats not showing the whole picture wrt JG. JG gets ripped for a pick 6 where the WR literally ran the wrong route. We left a lot of points on the board in that game too (Morris fumble, Kittle drop).

let the past die.

No. Those games were our offense at our worst. It's not a coincidence that those games happened early in their seasons. No way we play that sloppy in January. And the roster is much better this year.

But the main point of that post was that JG wasn't as bad against Minn as people in here are saying. I mentioned Pitt as well because that was another example of box score stats not showing the whole picture wrt JG. JG gets ripped for a pick 6 where the WR literally ran the wrong route. We left a lot of points on the board in that game too (Morris fumble, Kittle drop).

you have good points, but im too buzzed to m ake a crafted post, but i'll say this atleast.................alfred morris isn't our rb atm
you have good points, but im too buzzed to m ake a crafted post, but i'll say this atleast.................alfred morris isn't our rb atm

Amen to that.

We would have scored a lot if we had executed against the Vikings. Kyle called a good game. Kyle will out coach Zimmer again.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Goatie:
I bet BB wishes he hadnt traded Jimmy right about now.

It would have cost them too much cap space to keep Jimmy and Brady as well. Could only keep one. It would have been a big call to let Brady walk in 2017

But that was never the issue. JG just wanted to play, and 3 1/2 yrs being a good soldier, learning everything he could from Tom, and bill...and by his contract time at the start of FA, BB didn't want him to go but realized JG wanted to play...and start, and he was plenty good enough to do so. To show his appreciation for backing up 3 1/2 yrs, BB looked around for the best landing spot for Jimmy and Kyle plus JL and the 9ers were it.

Reportedly, Browns offered more than we did which was a 2nd. But BB wanted his hand picked , hand trained QB to go to a good place. And that is how we got him. Also, JL had chatted with BB during combine or somewhere else... whatever...but BB said no to a trade. So BB did know we were interested. Also after the SB when kyle lost at ATL, he met with BB and asked him what he had done wrong (supposedly). It impressed BB and when he almost ran out of time of letting JG walk or getting SOMETHING for him, he chose the 49ers, based on it being a storied franchise, but also on JL and KS.

Supposedly BB called John and said "I'll trade you JG for your 2nd pick...but you have to let me know in less than half an hour." The cut off time for JG to become a FA was down to 2 hrs or so, or so the story goes. And my guess is Browns has already made an offer better than a 2nd... but BB knew that was his value and dealt with us accordingly. KS and JL talked it over and got back to Bill and it was over. JimmyG got a good place to come to where his talent wouldn't be wasted, and BB did NOT want him going to a place like CLEV. He evidentally was very fond of JG and truly wanted to keep him but he couldn't let him start in front of Brady. So BB looked for and found JG a good home. Also, early the following yr, Trent Brown's contract yr, we traded Trent to BB for the sole purpose of protecting Brady. Trent didn't fit into Kyle's ZBS and BB wanted him. So we got compensated accordingly by BB.

The hard part was there must have been some unwritten agreement or understanding between Cousins and Kyle because Cousins is who kyle really wanted as his QB when his contract expired. So when JG became available, it was a big deal for kyle who had already decided on Cousins when he finished his contract. I have read here on the WZ that kyle still wasn't sure he really wanted JG after he saw him play his first couple games in yr 1. But by the time of game 5, his last , Kyle knew what he had in JG and the Cousins thing was over.

And here we are facing him in the playoffs in 6 days. Fascinating story but all true, but of course, all 2nd, 3rd or maybe even 4th hand.

Well we better beat them or Jimmy, Kyle and Lynch will have egg on their face.

Originally posted by Niners99:
the 1 game where Jimmy G had a 4th Quarter comeback drive attempt and threw a game-ending interception.

You gonna post this in every thread?

to every thread it's relevant to. you're goddamn right.

Why would something that happened almost 2 years ago be relevant to this week?

cuz it's the 49ers vs. the vikings.
No turnovers Jimmy. Keep it up like the last few weeks

let the past die.

that was the most livid I ever saw Jimmy look too. he was so pissed at Bourne after that. dude was ultra-fired up.

also we had a lot of success with Kittle and juice that game too even 2 years ago.

who were the Vikings coaching staff then? same?
The niners are favored more than a touchdown. You know what this mean? The game will be a nail bitter.:(
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
The niners are favored more than a touchdown. You know what this mean? The game will be a nail bitter.:(

I would not read into ANY line.

Vegas sets lines to maximize the amount of money being wagered. They are not in the business of predicting winners. The line ONLY exists to entice more bettors to bet.

If Vegas thought they could bring in more money by setting the line to -99...they would do that.
Share 49ersWebzone