There are 303 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by aQBnamedtouchback:
But dude, that was 30 years ago. I think people on here are too pessimistic. Why not roll into the game with confidence? Especially when our team is the #1 seed, playing the hardest schedule bar none in the NFL. Coming out 13-3. Lost all our games by a total of what, 13 points combined.

in 1973 john brodie came off the bench to beat the vikings in a playoff game. but the 87 game will always haunt me

Me too.

That one really hurt.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
But dude, that was 30 years ago. I think people on here are too pessimistic. Why not roll into the game with confidence? Especially when our team is the #1 seed, playing the hardest schedule bar none in the NFL. Coming out 13-3. Lost all our games by a total of what, 13 points combined.

in 1973 john brodie came off the bench to beat the vikings in a playoff game. but the 87 game will always haunt me

Me too.

That one really hurt.

the redskins game a couple years before that was bad when we clearly got robbed by the refs on bogus pass interference. the vikings game was bad cuz we did not show up to play the game
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Some clown on NFL network said that Jimmy is the Patriots' plan B if Brady leaves. f**k outta here with that!

I'm sure the Patriots are dreaming of all kinds of scenarios. Maybe they get Philip Rivers for one last season. That would probably be the most sensible thing to do in the short term if Brady leaves. But Rivers seems to have declined along with Brady. They sure as hell ain't getting Jimmy back unless they are willing to part with all of their 1st round picks until 2025.
Originally posted by Psinex:
I'm sure the Patriots are dreaming of all kinds of scenarios. Maybe they get Philip Rivers for one last season. That would probably be the most sensible thing to do in the short term if Brady leaves. But Rivers seems to have declined along with Brady. They sure as hell ain't getting Jimmy back unless they are willing to part with all of their 1st round picks until 2025.

Lmao, that wouldnt be enough. Jimmy G is priceless.
  • Kyzen
Where does the fine money go?

LMAO I see the twitter celebs are scaring all the children around here. If you remember '87 CC, then you'll also remember (like I do) all the times we beat them in the numerous playoff games after 1987.

TBH I think it's really lame people gotta fit in, and fear over '87 when it has nothing in common with our team. It merely serves as a nice digital hype vehicle cause all our enemies/trolls know the majority of niner fans still live in a past. I've been a fan of this team entering for 6 decades now, and I'm not living in the past anymore. This is a new feeling, it's 2020, and our guys are will give anybody their best shot!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Psinex:

Lmao, that wouldnt be enough. Jimmy G is priceless.
rivers as a patriot. brady as a charger.. where are the pics of joe namath as a ram,. johnny unitas as a charger and joe m as a chief?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

LMAO I see the twitter celebs are scaring all the children around here. If you remember '87 CC, then you'll also remember (like I do) all the times we beat them in the numerous playoff games after 1987.

TBH I think it's really lame people gotta fit in, and fear over '87 when it has nothing in common with our team. It merely serves as a nice digital hype vehicle cause all our enemies/trolls know the majority of niner fans still live in a past. I've been a fan of this team entering for 6 decades now, and I'm not living in the past anymore. This is a new feeling, it's 2020, and our guys are will give anybody their best shot!

i always think of the bad times. lol. but i loved 97 or 98 when kirby helped us whup em
Originally posted by Kyzen:
Where does the fine money go?

Straight to Goddells Asian underage jackoff funds
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I can't wait until Jimmy Guap hide it in your sock, goes out there and produces victory after victory after victory after victory after
victory after victory after victory after victory after victory after victory after
victory after victory after victory after victory after victory after victory after
victory after victory after absolute victory.

like I told you naysaying haters in post #30912

....after victory after victory after victory after
victory after victory after victory

...after victory after victory after after
victory after victory after absolute victory

I can't wait until Jimmy Guap hide it in your sock, goes out there and produces victory after victory after victory after victory after
victory after victory after absolute victory.

like I told you naysaying haters in post #30912

...after victory after victory after victory after
..after victory after victory after victory after

..after victory after victory after victory after
victory after victory after absolute victory

Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
You are the one who only brought up his yards passing and TDs with no mention of his costly INTs and turnovers. It does help greatly to witness something. I can look at stats from the 60s and 70s but that is not going to tell the whole story esp if LIKE YOU I IGNORED INTS and only stated passing yards and TDs. Go back and watch those games. Young fu**ed up and made costly errors time and time again that Favre and Aikman were not making and that is why they won and not the 49ers. He doesn't make those mistakes and we are winning one or two more Super Bowls in the 90s with him. I was spoiled by the GOAT Montana and freely admit it. I held Young to a high standard of coming through in the biggest postseason games and winning at least a couple SBs. I don't dismiss his whole career. He was a hall of famer. He got one Super Bowl.

And he also disappointed in most of the biggest moments in his career in the postseason. One more Super Bowl and my perception of him is a lot different.

"To dismiss his career because he didn't win the SB in every opportunity is ridiculous."
This is absurd. "Every" opportunity...did I say that? He had 7 or 8 opportunities and came through only once. His costly mistakes directly led to those losses against GB and Dallas. I would have liked to see him win at least one more SB. But that's why he is not a top 5 QB of all time and more like in the top 15 or maybe back end of the top 10. Either way, regular season greatness and MVPs mean sh** to me. I want a QB who comes up back in the postseason CONSISTENTLY and wins the biggest of games. And Young did not. Historically speaking still a great QB but this is due to achievements unrelated to the postseason outside of one year and generally speaking, underwhelmed when it mattered most.

I hope Jimmy G is not the postseason Steve Young or we are only going to get one SB from him as well. If Jimmy has some Joe Montana in him, he will win at least a couple. My perception for now is that Jimmy has the clutch gene and we will see if he can win these games in the postseason when all is on the line.

Joe was a winner in college (National Championship). Steve wanted to prove he was just as good or better than Joe. Jimmy Gangsta is on a championship team out to make its mark. I don't see any Young in him, but I do see some Joe Cool ("it's great, baby!")
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Where does the leauge come up with these random numbers for fines lol $7,017 lol wtf

$17 for the football, $7,000 for throwing something in the stands?

Washington state tax
If mullens was our starter, we already be in the NFC champ game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Joe was a winner in college (National Championship). Steve wanted to prove he was just as good or better than Joe. Jimmy Gangsta is on a championship team out to make its mark. I don't see any Young in him, but I do see some Joe Cool ("it's great, baby!")

rudy pushed joe to be great!
This is an amazing read

Share 49ersWebzone