There are 285 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BigBossBosa97:
Originally posted by ProfessorKel:
Looking back, man, Jimmy is fearless. Some of those throws into tight windows while inside a collapsing pocket.

Our playoffs started weeks ago. The man looks ready.

1:04 As soon as Jimmy completes the fake and sets his feet he immediately has a defender in his face and was able to find an open Goodwin and deliver an accurate pass. That was unbelievable.

I'm not going to say Jimmy is "Elite" yet, but I don't know too many QBs that will make THAT read THAT fast whilst having a quick enough release to get the ball there accurately in traffic.

I'm excited to see his development.
  • Jaci
  • Veteran
Looking back, man, Jimmy is fearless. Some of those throws into tight windows while inside a collapsing pocket.

Good God remember when Goodwin and Pettis were a thing?
  • Jaci
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MannySoopa49ersnMD:
Im starting to wonder if Jimmy will ever get credit for his play beyond Kyle being a genius at play design and calling good games.

Everytime I hear praise it always comes with a Kyle asterisk. I guess time will tell.

Tom Brady/Bill Belichick 2.0
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jaci:
Originally posted by MannySoopa49ersnMD:
Im starting to wonder if Jimmy will ever get credit for his play beyond Kyle being a genius at play design and calling good games.

Everytime I hear praise it always comes with a Kyle asterisk. I guess time will tell.

Tom Brady/Bill Belichick 2.0
I hope so. They were good for 6 Lombardies.
Originally posted by Jaci:

Good God remember when Goodwin and Pettis were a thing?

It's almost unbelievable that we started off undefeated with those two and a rookie Deebo as our initial WR-Core.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Probably learned that from Brady.

Agreed. Go Jimmy G

I'm happy that we got a QB that learned behind someone like Brady. May even give us a team friendly contract in the future. Just need to get him married to a rich woman like Gisele.

There's got to be a nice looking billionaire heiress somewhere here in Silicon Valley.

An option?

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul-tudor-jones-daughter-caroline-jones-2011-12
Anything to get his cap numbers down. He doesnt seem to be too choosy, then again hes pretty good at just focusing on football.

But yeah, the dude deserves a nice wholesome chick that is filthy rich so he can give a hometown discount to Kyle and Jed.
Radio: Tony Romo probably best comparison so far of JG. Not really that drive it through a WRs chest type of 60 yard laser arm but extremely quick and knows where to go with the ball along with the errant INT.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 8, 2020 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Radio: Tony Romo probably best comparison so far of JG. Not really that drive it through a WRs chest type of 60 yard laser arm but extremely quick and knows where to go with the ball along with the errant INT.

That or favre. Romo was mobile while jimmy isnt.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
That or favre. Romo was mobile while jimmy isnt.

Favre game seems the complete opposite to Jimmys. Jimmy throws short quick accurate passes, keeps solid mechanics and slices defenses up. Favre let hem rip and had a rocket arm.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Jan 8, 2020 at 8:42 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Favre game seems the complete opposite to Jimmys. Jimmy throws short quick accurate passes, keeps solid mechanics and slices defenses up. Favre let hem rip and had a rocket arm.

jimmy learn that from brady

Originally posted by dioworld:

jimmy learn that from brady

Yup.

To the poster that first brought it up, I went back and saw some Romo tape, and damn his release looks a lot like jimmys. If jimmy could be Romo but clutch and not choke in big games then I'd be more than happy with that.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Jan 8, 2020 at 9:17 PM ]
Yup.

To the poster that first brought it up, I went back and saw some Romo tape, and damn his release looks a lot like jimmys. If jimmy could be Romo but clutch and not choke in big games then I'd be more than happy with that.

I'd rather Jimmy be jimmy than Romo. Romo was the choker. Remember that FG where he was the holder? That lost the season for them as well as the game. Nope , i 'll Take JimmyG, the 50% 3rd down machine. Best 3rd down conversion QB in the league.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yup.

I'd rather Jimmy be jimmy than Romo. Romo was the choker. Remember that FG where he was the holder? That lost the season for them as well as the game. Nope , i 'll Take JimmyG, the 50% 3rd down machine. Best 3rd down conversion QB in the league.

I agree with all your points, but this will be Jimmy's first playoff game as a starter so the jury is still out on who he is in the real season. Hope he balls out and destroys everything in his path
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I see Jimmy ripping a new one to the Vikings.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yup.

Of course. Romo was solid during the regular season. But otherwise a big time choker.
Share 49ersWebzone