There are 265 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
I see Jimmy ripping a new one to the Vikings.

He will make them sit on their horny hats

Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yup.

To the poster that first brought it up, I went back and saw some Romo tape, and damn his release looks a lot like jimmys. If jimmy could be Romo but clutch and not choke in big games then I'd be more than happy with that.

I'd rather Jimmy be jimmy than Romo. Romo was the choker. Remember that FG where he was the holder? That lost the season for them as well as the game. Nope , i 'll Take JimmyG, the 50% 3rd down machine. Best 3rd down conversion QB in the league.

Of course. Romo was solid during the regular season. But otherwise a big time choker.

I sure hope Romo takes over MNF broadcasting duties.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Yup.

To the poster that first brought it up, I went back and saw some Romo tape, and damn his release looks a lot like jimmys. If jimmy could be Romo but clutch and not choke in big games then I'd be more than happy with that.

I'd rather Jimmy be jimmy than Romo. Romo was the choker. Remember that FG where he was the holder? That lost the season for them as well as the game. Nope , i 'll Take JimmyG, the 50% 3rd down machine. Best 3rd down conversion QB in the league.

Of course. Romo was solid during the regular season. But otherwise a big time choker.

It would be interesting to hear what he says about JG
Yup.

they would have to make romo the highest paid color guy in history to get him off CBS, but hes def legit. ESPN has to get that monday night crew right because the past 2 years have been atrocious
Wait. Garoppolo does what?

"Saturday night before the game, he has his own meeting, which we don't have to do as a team because it's not on the schedule," Sanders said. "But we all meet at a specific time in which he orchestrates the whole meeting to get us going.

"We go over practice or certain stuff that he feels how we can attack certain defenses and stuff like that. No coaches, just players."

https://theathletic.com/1492337/2020/01/07/kawakami-jimmy-garoppolos-quiet-almost-invisible-on-purpose-but-undeniable-49ers-leadership/?redirected=1
Juszczyk said that on the night before the 49ers' emotional victory in Seattle, he and Garoppolo made a little tweak that paid off in a huge 49-yard reception in the third quarter.

"I spoke with Jimmy about it and told him I'm probably going to release inside on this guy, so don't let that mess you up," Juszczyk recalled. "All week (in practice), I had released outside the guy. We hashed it out. 'We feel like this guy is going to fly out, I'm going to release inside.'"

So what does all this tell you about Garoppolo as a team leader, Kyle?

"I think it says a lot — and I think it says a lot that nobody really found out about it until the end of this season," Juszczyk said. "He's been doing it for three years. He's not a 'me' guy. He's not always looking for the attention. But it is those little things that make a difference in his leadership."

https://theathletic.com/1492337/2020/01/07/kawakami-jimmy-garoppolos-quiet-almost-invisible-on-purpose-but-undeniable-49ers-leadership/?redirected=1
last one I really liked

On JG's criticized interceptions;

There's another Garoppolo hallmark, especially evident this season, as he threw for 3,978 yards, with 27 touchdowns and 13 interceptions: He can be reckless and make errors, but he almost always responds to those down moments with immediate success on the next drive.

"He lets it go," Sanders said. "He lets it go. He's probably the best I've seen of one-snap-and-clear guys. Even when taking sacks, I've never seen him flustered. He just keeps throwing it, keeps zipping it in there.

Kittle, of course, is one of the emotional leaders of this team, probably along with Sherman and Kwon Alexander. But Kittle always says that Garoppolo is one of the best leaders he's ever seen and adds that he often asks Garoppolo to speak up more often, if possible.

"I just say, 'Hey, Jim, guys need to hear your voice,'" Kittle said. "And that's the thing: When Jimmy talks, everyone listens. Doesn't matter — a coach, a player, equipment manager, a trainer. Doesn't matter, everyone listens.

"We're lucky to have a guy like that. I don't think that exists on every single team. It also says a ton about this organization, how much respect we have as an organization for Jimmy. And I think that's why we win games."

Said Garoppolo: "Yeah, George told me that a couple times. I know that already. I think as a quarterback, you want to be talking, especially during the games. Our benches are a little bit separate, the quarterbacks from everybody else. So I find myself walking down there, talking with the guys, encouraging, whatever I think is right at that moment."

The most famous instance of this came back in November, when the 49ers defense was destroying Green Bay's offense but the 49ers offense was struggling just a bit early. That's one time when Garoppolo's leadership force wasn't hidden behind closed doors. It was right there on the sideline as Garoppolo barked at the offensive unit, not harshly but definitely with some fire.

From there, the defense continued to dominate, the 49ers offense roared to life, and the 49ers wrapped up a 37-8 crushing of the Packers.

[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Jan 9, 2020 at 7:06 AM ]
Yup.

He was a rookie, come on man. If anything I feel sorry for the guy, it is pretty clear coaching and ownership kill the Cowboys. I love Jimmy and hate the Cowboys obviously, but it is a shame Romo didn't play someplace else, he would easily have been a Superbowl winning QB with a competent franchise, his time in the booth illustrates that better than anything. Dude knows his s**t.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Yup.

they would have to make romo the highest paid color guy in history to get him off CBS, but hes def legit. ESPN has to get that monday night crew right because the past 2 years have been atrocious

If they cant trade Booger for Romo that will be taking the worst call in history and changing it for what may end up being the best.
Down the stretch, Jimmy has shown what he can do now that he's perfectly healthy, has legit receiving options, and can't rely on 200+ yards/game rushing.

Predictions for the 2020 regular season:
Sets a new franchise record with over 4,300 yards passing.
30+ TDs with a 3:1 TD-to-INT ratio (10-12 INTs).
Leads niners to repeat NFCW title.
Goes to his first Pro Bowl, ending 17-year 49er QB drought.

Originally posted by GoldBrick:
Down the stretch, Jimmy has shown what he can do now that he's perfectly healthy, has legit receiving options, and can't rely on 200+ yards/game rushing.

Selected for his first Pro Bowl, ending 17-year 49er QB drought.

FIFY

Don't think he will be going to any Pro Bowls, but he will be selected for them.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by GoldBrick:

Selected for his first Pro Bowl, ending 17-year 49er QB drought.

FIFY

Don't think he will be going to any Pro Bowls, but he will be selected for them.

Feasible, just seems he makes stupid decisions now and then, all correctable.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I see Jimmy ripping a new one to the Vikings.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
That or favre. Romo was mobile while jimmy isnt.

Favre game seems the complete opposite to Jimmys. Jimmy throws short quick accurate passes, keeps solid mechanics and slices defenses up. Favre let hem rip and had a rocket arm.

Favre's game and Jimmy's are strikingly similar. what do you mean? they both have a gun-slinger mentality and that in itself will result in more picks
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Yup.

He was a rookie, come on man. If anything I feel sorry for the guy, it is pretty clear coaching and ownership kill the Cowboys. I love Jimmy and hate the Cowboys obviously, but it is a shame Romo didn't play someplace else, he would easily have been a Superbowl winning QB with a competent franchise, his time in the booth illustrates that better than anything. Dude knows his s**t.

yeah i like Romo. have no problems with him.
Share 49ersWebzone