There are 294 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by Joecool:
really want to read that lombardi article on JG but don't have the athletic account.

I caved and paid the annual 34.99 a year or something

what does the article say then

a lot of good interesting stuff about Jimmy's childhood and upbringing and insightful stuff throughout high school and such. how he became the leader and humble guy he is today
Jimmy is about to make a name for himself.
The OL is the key to this game because they have to give Jimmy time to pass the ball around to ALL the pass catchers not just George Kittle. I do expect that the offense had to put up a lot of points to win this game Saturday.
I've read all the complaints and jimmy win or lose this sat has proven them all wrong. Deep ball be damned he is 13-3 this season. Too handsome to lose that's my qb
He has a lot of experience watching these types of games and knows what it takes to get the job done. Now is his shot to take the reigns and show us what he has learned. So far he's playing like he's having fun and usually when it's like that that tells me that he either has mastered the offense or is pretty close to it. Saturday is going to be fun, Go Niners!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
More than 300 yards passing for Jimmy Saturday - this will be his coming out party to the Nation.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
That or favre. Romo was mobile while jimmy isnt.

Favre game seems the complete opposite to Jimmys. Jimmy throws short quick accurate passes, keeps solid mechanics and slices defenses up. Favre let hem rip and had a rocket arm.

Favre's game and Jimmy's are strikingly similar. what do you mean? they both have a gun-slinger mentality and that in itself will result in more picks

I see him a lot more like Brady overall. He has moments where he slings them(every qb does) but he's more of a precision QB than some crazy gunslinger like Favre was. To me Favre is clearly more like Mahomes, but obviously more reckless.

13 picks in his first 16 games season isn't all that crazy. Brady had 14, 12, 14, 14, 12 picks in his first 5 full seasons.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Jan 9, 2020 at 11:09 PM ]

Favre game seems the complete opposite to Jimmys. Jimmy throws short quick accurate passes, keeps solid mechanics and slices defenses up. Favre let hem rip and had a rocket arm.

Favre's game and Jimmy's are strikingly similar. what do you mean? they both have a gun-slinger mentality and that in itself will result in more picks

I see him a lot more like Brady overall. He has moments where he slings them(every qb does) but he's more of a precision QB than some crazy gunslinger like Favre was. To me Favre is clearly more like Mahomes, but obviously more reckless.

13 picks in his first 16 games season isn't all that crazy. Brady had 14, 12, 14, 14, 12 picks in his first 5 full seasons.

yeah I don't get this farve "gun slinger" comparison.... hes more of brady in his early years to me.

well jimmy definitely looks like Brady that's for sure. i see what u mean
https://youtu.be/ca8EElA1wv0

Originally posted by jvangeystel:
https://youtu.be/ca8EElA1wv0

Cowherd has been high on Jimmy and the Niners for awhile.
Jimmy Garoppolo against playoff teams in 2019:
5 games (SEA, GB, at BAL, at NO, at SEA)
97 of 144 (67%)
1,300 yards
9.02 yards/attempt
8 touchdowns
2 interceptions
114.52 quarterback rating
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
97 of 144 (67%)
1,300 yards
9.02 yards/attempt
8 touchdowns
2 interceptions

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
97 of 144 (67%)
1,300 yards
9.02 yards/attempt
8 touchdowns
2 interceptions

This. Looking forward to seeing Garoppolo take on the challenge tomorrow vs. the Vikes.
In addition to JG getting better every game - his confidence has also grown and it great to see.

He come out of the huddle and takes immediate control and make things happen.
Share 49ersWebzone