Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 371 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Let's not kid ourselves, this is the best defense the niners have played this season, in my opinion.
  • Jiks
Looked like Brees did basically.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Not his best game.

No it was not a good game from Jimmy and people really should stop saying he was good overall. He was good on that 1st drive, fantastic in fact. The Vikings have a superstar defender at every level of their defense and Kendricks is one of the best in the business and fooled Jimmy on that INT. Having said it was great to see our defense back to what they were before the injuries to Ford, Tartt, and Alexander. Sherman made his presence known too.

Bottom line is Jimmy cannot make mistakes going forward and the team will be fine imo. He will have to play a more complete game and he should be able against either Seattle or Green Bay whom neither have the defense that Minnesota has.

hasn't Joe Montana thrown like 3 picks in 1 playoff game before? either way, what matters is how you finish in the Championship games
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Let's not kid ourselves, this is the best defense the niners have played this season, in my opinion.

Yes. The Vikes are a top tier running team...20 yards on the ground
Didn't look very sharp out there, but didn't need to be.

Hopefully next week will be much better.
Wilson threw 4 picks in an NFC championship as well. This fanbase turns on Jimmy ridiculously fast, its utterly absurd. Jimmy is still a great QB and will be fine. I'd wager he has a big game through the air in the title game next week.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Not his best game.

No it was not a good game from Jimmy and people really should stop saying he was good overall. He was good on that 1st drive, fantastic in fact. The Vikings have a superstar defender at every level of their defense and Kendricks is one of the best in the business and fooled Jimmy on that INT. Having said it was great to see our defense back to what they were before the injuries to Ford, Tartt, and Alexander. Sherman made his presence known too.

Bottom line is Jimmy cannot make mistakes going forward and the team will be fine imo. He will have to play a more complete game and he should be able against either Seattle or Green Bay whom neither have the defense that Minnesota has.

Definitely was shakey after that first drive. BUT it was his first playoff game. And now he's got his feet wet, also Minns defense is much better than Seattle or Green Bay. I'm sure he bounces back strong
i thought he was great. a couple drops. the int was the only real bad throw he made. his bad throws for INT seem to consistent that i would think that could get cleaned him with some work in the offseason. it frequently seems to be some underneath line backer sitting in a zone he doesn't see. if there a stat for % of INT thrown into this coverage? i'd be interested in seeing that for jimmy relative to the league.
He will play better along with the entire offense. Long layoff good for health but passing game rusty
I dont think Jimmy played very well today. We say "he had that one bad throw on the INT" but really he had a handful of other really bad throws in the first half.

I have no doubt that Jimmy would have come out and finished with an overall good game if he was able to continue throwing in the 2nd. But he didnt. And his first half wasnt good.

With that being said, we won and that's the only important thing.

That INT doe
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I dont think Jimmy played very well today. We say "he had that one bad throw on the INT" but really he had a handful of other really bad throws in the first half.

I have no doubt that Jimmy would have come out and finished with an overall good game if he was able to continue throwing in the 2nd. But he didnt. And his first half wasnt good.

With that being said, we won and that's the only important thing.

Yeah had a for sure Interception if not for a great play by Kittle. Was also throwing behind WR's.

Need to clean it up for the next game when we may need to rely on him more.
not his sharpest. His completion to sanders on the first drive was sick tho
He looked a little slow in his play today which resulted in a lot of throws behind the receivers which is something he struggled with early in the year. Hopefully it was just 1st playoff game jitters because we will need him to pass better in the next couple of games. Can't count on being able to just run in the 2nd half.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
not his sharpest. His completion to sanders on the first drive was sick tho

He's a rhythm passer. If he's not able to consistently throw he's off his game, and he barely got to throw it outside the first drive consistently. I'm assuming he'll be able to throw more next week. His throws behind guys today looked intentional, if he lead them they get picked off by guys sitting in zones.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Jan 11, 2020 at 7:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone