There are 342 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's excellent w/throwing to open players in the middle of the field. Anticipatory throws are the hole in his game,...as relatively, he easily loses track of his feel for where the coverage is as he's "locked in" on setting up the receiver to catch the ball in stride.

People got on Steve Smith about this same issue stated in a different way,...but games later we can see that Smith was 100% correct. The Vikings LB is a student of the game and knew this, hence, his pick,...and his nearly getting around a 2nd one.
Pissed me off when Collinsworthless said the niners were "doing a good job of protecting Garoppolo since the interception."

Dude no.
Does JG's block on the LB during the double reverse to Deebo (the one that looked like a fumble) count as a pancake?

LB wound up on his ass after Jimmy hit him.
All this man needs to do is don't do to much bc this team is a team, we all win..
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

One is going to win MVP the other just Wins Baby!
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

One is going to win MVP the other just Wins Baby!

Really Lombardi? You think? It only took you this long to figure that out, jackass. Hahaha

Was hard on him at the beginning of the year. Very proud to call him our qb at the moment. He'll only get better from here, imo. And if we win the Super Bowl, watch out dynasty time.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 11, 2020 at 8:54 PM ]
20-5 as a Niner starter, 22-5 overall.

I'm sure the media narrative will shift back to Jimmy's getting carried by the running game and defense, and that's fine.

He didn't have a great game today. But the Vikings actually were pretty good in the middle of the field. Still, a win is and win. Moving on...

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I dont think Jimmy played very well today. We say "he had that one bad throw on the INT" but really he had a handful of other really bad throws in the first half.

I have no doubt that Jimmy would have come out and finished with an overall good game if he was able to continue throwing in the 2nd. But he didnt. And his first half wasnt good.

With that being said, we won and that's the only important thing.

Great first drive. After that hit where his leg got caught underneath the defender, he looked rattled for sure. Then didn't really have to throw so he didn't have a chance to work his way out of it. I think he's shown us enough times that he can bounce back from a bad quarter or half. I'm not worried.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
20-5 as a Niner starter, 22-5 overall.

I'm sure the media narrative will shift back to Jimmy's getting carried by the running game and defense, and that's fine.

He didn't have a great game today. But the Vikings actually were pretty good in the middle of the field. Still, a win is and win. Moving on...

Mistake imo. He's been carrying the team for the latter half of the season. He has a big game next week. He didnt look rattled to me, just looked like a QB that wasn't throwing the ball.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Jan 11, 2020 at 8:59 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Lmao 😅
Great game and presence on the field today and this year. My only complaint, he throws a super tough ball to catch. The loose and weak spiral is difficult to catch. The receivers have to slow their route and adjust to the ball thrown their way when they see the loose ball. It makes guys body catch when it should be a hands only catch. Like I said, he has had a great year. I can't believe how good he is at reading the complex defenses in the NFL. He's definitely being coached up. Although, I don't the he anticipated that LB being in that spot today in his only interception. He's got the Tools to succeed!
did we forget his 3rd & 12 conversion to Bourne?
Share 49ersWebzone