There are 411 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

We have some awful media and some crappy fans in addition to good ones.

You win that game and you complain? First good season in ages and what a season it has been and people are still whining.

JG wasn't as sharp as usual after the first drive but we also had 4 drops on the day. He is a victim of that.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
All he did in the second half was basically giving the ball to the RBs.
He could have score a TD if not for some suspect choices in the redzone by Kyle.
Good luck trying to judge his game.
Yes he had that interception but he carried the team on the first two TD drives.
And for all the great play by the Oline, thank you Jimmy for avoiding two sacks at least.
Brees wasn´t really good last week also. Same for Rodgers when the Packers won at Minnesota.
I mean the niners only average 29 points per game with Garoppolo at QB.
And by the way I ´m pretty sure he won his first starting PO game.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
on the interception Jimmy said he saw the defender but threw it short. Not sure what he means. I dont think there was a window there at all

It looked like he miss guessed how much he has to get the ball over the underneath defender. A require touch pass that came out not looking like one.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 12, 2020 at 6:53 AM ]
on the interception Jimmy said he saw the defender but threw it short. Not sure what he means. I dont think there was a window there at all

he means he wanted to throw it OVER the linebacker and into the "hole" in the zone where deebo was

I said this same thing in the game thread, it looked to me like he underestimated how tall the linebacker was and it made sense to me. The dude stretched out for that thing big time.

We have some awful media and some crappy fans in addition to good ones.

You win that game and you complain? First good season in ages and what a season it has been and people are still whining.

JG wasn't as sharp as usual after the first drive but we also had 4 drops on the day. He is a victim of that.

Exactly. You don't hammer your starting QB after you win the game to advance to the NFC Championship game.

I know some people in radio think they have to "rile things up" and maybe there is some of that. But there are also some people out there with this weird combination of entitlement and chicken little that is certainly something.

Maybe he was trying to throw it higher to try and get it over him?
First and most importantly, I hope Jimmy's ankle is ok. He played the rest of the game which is a great sign, and looked pretty mobile still, but I bet he is sore this morning.

Second, not the best game... but not much was asked of him! We are back to the beginning of the season where the defense dominated and the offense managed with a strong running gamr. We have seen what Jimmy is capable of when called upon... nothing to worry about here!

Third, Playoffs is a different animal... look at Tannehills stat line against what was arguably the best regular season team in the league.

Fourth, Go Niners!!!!
The INT was the right read, but wrong throw. Kendricks is a rangey tall dude, Jim threw it a hair late and a hair short. That Kendricks dude has crazy range and is the "rat hole" dropper in the C4, I don't think any other LB in the league can cover that outside hole like that.... a QB does not expect the Mike to be to cover that, as his primary responsibility is to cover middle hook, and shut off the seam between the safeties. So Jimmy Jugs had the right read, but underestimated Kendricks range.
[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Jan 12, 2020 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by mattster03:
First and most importantly, I hope Jimmy's ankle is ok. He played the rest of the game which is a great sign, and looked pretty mobile still, but I bet he is sore this morning.

Second, not the best game... but not much was asked of him! We are back to the beginning of the season where the defense dominated and the offense managed with a strong running gamr. We have seen what Jimmy is capable of when called upon... nothing to worry about here!

Third, Playoffs is a different animal... look at Tannehills stat line against what was arguably the best regular season team in the league.

Fourth, Go Niners!!!!
See this is the offense I hated to see. I'd rather see Shanahan go back to calling plays like he was in the first Arizona game on Halloween. Balanced but leaning on the pass a bit more. I guess we'll find out next week in the title game what kind of offense we run

Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by mattster03:

Fourth, Go Niners!!!!
See this is the offense I hated to see. I'd rather see Shanahan go back to calling plays like he was in the first Arizona game on Halloween. Balanced but leaning on the pass a bit more. I guess we'll find out next week in the title game what kind of offense we run

Say what!!??
So the titans should have quit having Henry run it down the ravens throat and should have had Tanahill start throwing the ball in the titans @ ravens! Lol
I mean, we were eating in the run game, but we should quit running it? That's the kind of mistakes coaches make that lose the game. Get away from what's working, & I'm glad Kyle didn't get away from what was working this game.
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Jan 12, 2020 at 8:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Say what!!??
So the titans should have quit having Henry run it down the ravens throat and should have had Tanahill start throwing the ball in the titans @ ravens! Lol
I mean, we were eating in the run game, but we should quit running it? That's the kind of mistakes coaches make that lose the game. Get away from what's working, & I'm glad Kyle didn't get away from what was working this game.

No kidding. Isn't the purpose to win? And if you've identified a weakness in the opposition, you exploit it? Why do you think they always say running game and defense wins championships? Passing game gets you to the dance. Running and defense gets you to the top.
One of the best traits I have seen from Jimmy is his ability to bounce back from a poor throw or a fumble. I know he's hard on himself so I'm hoping he will take the relatively poor game as a challenge to light it up next week. Great that our running game was on and he wasn't needed much yesterday but we can't count on that every week.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
No kidding. Isn't the purpose to win? And if you've identified a weakness in the opposition, you exploit it? Why do you think they always say running game and defense wins championships? Passing game gets you to the dance. Running and defense gets you to the top.

I didnt really explain myself well. I prefer the offense more balanced, but if something is working then keep going until they stop it. I fully expect that had the Vikings been able to stop the run yesterday Shanahan would've put the ball in Jimmy's hands. Like in the AZ games, Saints and Seahawks week 17 when Jimmy shouldered the game.
  • thl408
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I didnt really explain myself well. I prefer the offense more balanced, but if something is working then keep going until they stop it. I fully expect that had the Vikings been able to stop the run yesterday Shanahan would've put the ball in Jimmy's hands. Like in the AZ games, Saints and Seahawks week 17 when Jimmy shouldered the game.

Yesterday's game showed again how balanced the 49ers offense is. Not balanced as in 50% run plays 50% pass plays, but being able to run or pass with equal effectiveness for an offense. So the next opponent has to gameplan to defend pass and run.
Share 49ersWebzone