There are 310 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
^^^ Truth right there! only thing that would make us more dangerous is to have the 3rd dimension of a dual threat QB... not saying I want Jim to go, just thinking out loud on how it would give Jedi Kyle yet another way to use the offensive force
I was so impressed with JG, I seriously thought he was done when I saw him get his ankle caught in the pile up. Looked like he was really laboring. I'm sure he is sore today
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by mattster03:
First and most importantly, I hope Jimmy's ankle is ok. He played the rest of the game which is a great sign, and looked pretty mobile still, but I bet he is sore this morning.

Second, not the best game... but not much was asked of him! We are back to the beginning of the season where the defense dominated and the offense managed with a strong running gamr. We have seen what Jimmy is capable of when called upon... nothing to worry about here!

Third, Playoffs is a different animal... look at Tannehills stat line against what was arguably the best regular season team in the league.

Fourth, Go Niners!!!!
See this is the offense I hated to see. I'd rather see Shanahan go back to calling plays like he was in the first Arizona game on Halloween. Balanced but leaning on the pass a bit more. I guess we'll find out next week in the title game what kind of offense we run

It became apparent pretty early that our defense was not going to give up much. As a result, there was no reason for Kyle to put anything on film that the next opponent could read.
Originally posted by dj43:
It became apparent pretty early that our defense was not going to give up much. As a result, there was no reason for Kyle to put anything on film that the next opponent could read.

The Vikings have a good pass rush too. There was no reason to risk having Jimmy get injured as long as the running game was working.
I freaking love how JG and Kittle were psyched to just pound the run. This is top to bottom the most selfless team I have ever seen. Maybe in any sport.
When jonny breaks it down it may show me to be wrong.

What i got was, there was nothing else threatening kendricks area, everything else went away from him. So he found work and went sggressive.

A good heads up play.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Jan 12, 2020 at 10:42 AM ]
Yeah Jimmy had a fantastic opening drive which was assisted by Deebo's great catch. He made some nice throws and some bad ones as well. The interception I accredited to him obviously not seeing the backer drop into coverage but for some reason he was dropping straight back from center. I can probably count with my hands and feet the number of times he did that during the 16 games. Odd. He is comfortable in shout gun and in play action. Kyle has to help him realize that Minnesota completely took away the middle of the field after the first couple of possessions which is what this offense exploits so well. I haven't lost any confidence in Jimmy. He was playing well towards the end of the season and had a week off which can contribute to him looking rusty. He should be good this week.
Average game from Jimmy in my opinion. A lot of his early passes were thrown behind receivers. Both Deebo and Kendrick made grabs on passes that were behind them.

Jimmy's best pass may have been the lone TD he threw to Bourne in the end zone. It was spot on.

But I saw a few wounded ducks fly out of Jimmy's hand yesterday. And he threw another BONEHEADED interception. We got lucky. Very lucky.

Let's hope it was just playoff nerves. He's notched his first playoff win. Let's hope his game is sharper next week.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Average game from Jimmy in my opinion. A lot of his early passes were thrown behind receivers. Both Deebo and Kendrick made grabs on passes that were behind them.

Jimmy's best pass may have been the lone TD he threw to Bourne in the end zone. It was spot on.

But I saw a few wounded ducks fly out of Jimmy's hand yesterday. And he threw another BONEHEADED interception. We got lucky. Very lucky.

Let's hope it was just playoff nerves. He's notched his first playoff win. Let's hope his game is sharper next week.

I have faith - that Jimmy will do what he's always done after a poor showing and that's rebound.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 12, 2020 at 12:31 PM ]
Seeing the replay of his ankle getting rolled made me really nervous. I wonder how it's feeling today?

He reverted to staring down his receiver on a bunch of plays. Gotta stop that.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by dj43:

The Vikings have a good pass rush too. There was no reason to risk having Jimmy get injured as long as the running game was working.

Good call!
Jimmy didn't need to do much. That pick was ugly, but he was going up against a great defense. His early pass to sanders in the outside for a 20 yard gain was beautiful
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
He reverted to staring down his receiver on a bunch of plays. Gotta stop that.

Jimmy is fine. He's his own harshest critic and will have a big game next week. He's been carrying the team for the last half of the season, and he's an amazing QB and teammate. We're lucky to have him.
Originally posted by 9erb0mb:
Seeing the replay of his ankle getting rolled made me really nervous. I wonder how it's feeling today?

Leg amputated.
Share 49ersWebzone