There are 279 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If your asking if I would take Wilson over Jimmy, it's not even a question. Wilson might be the best QB in the league.

And yet his season is over.

Bro, this isn't boxing or wrestling...lol

QBs don't really go "head up."

Anyway, I can see I'll be the bad guy here, so I'll leave it alone. I like Jimmy. Glad we have Jimmy. But if our team was less talented and less well run, there are a handful of QBs I would take over him. All things being equal, there are still a handful I would take over him.
If your asking if I would take Wilson over Jimmy, it's not even a question. Wilson might be the best QB in the league.

Anyway, I can see I'll be the bad guy here, so I'll leave it alone. I like Jimmy. Glad we have Jimmy. But if our team was less talented and less well run, there are a handful of QBs I would take over him. All things being equal, there are still a handful I would take over him.

By chance, would Kaep be in that handful if he had a team?
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

By chance, would Kaep be in that handful if he had a team?

That would be by insanity and the answer is no. Jimmy is far more talented as a qb.

P.s. I do think Kaesong was unjustly criticized and underrated on this forum, though. He was much better than what most game him credit for.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 12, 2020 at 9:12 PM ]
Kyle with alex smith would've dropped 40 on those 2011 giants.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by John_Candy:
Imagine doubting Jimmy in 2020.

You know I'm gonna need to see him win two Super Bowls to be sold. I just haven't quite seen enough yet.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You know I'm gonna need to see him win two Super Bowls to be sold. I just haven't quite seen enough yet.

Also not sure what this proves?

What if in those two Super Bowls he has 1 TD/ 1 INT and throws for 150 yards? What would that proven?

The evidence is out there. He is a good QB, franchise even (qualifier: under this regime). The question is how good and do you co sided him elite? Top 3, 5 or 10. Asking just for kicks. It really doesn't matter, he fits our system pretty well.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Also not sure what this proves?

What if in those two Super Bowls he has 1 TD/ 1 INT and throws for 150 yards? What would that proven?

The evidence is out there. He is a good QB, franchise even (qualifier: under this regime). The question is how good and do you co sided him elite? Top 3, 5 or 10. Asking just for kicks. It really doesn't matter, he fits our system pretty well.

woooooosh

And you're right, there are many variables that go into a QBs success. I think Jimmy is a talented Qb, but Kyle makes him better than he is. The space Kyle schemes for his TEs, WRs and RBs is pretty insane. Then you add in their yac ability. You probably saw the stat yesterday that we have the least yards per pass (6. Something), but the most after catch (6. Something). All that adds up to 13 plus yards a pass play, but a lot of it is by great design and yac.
I agree with you. Now, you're not going to believe this, but there are people on this board who spin Shanahan's system as a shackle that Garoppolo has to deal with. "He's doing well, in spite of playing in a complicated system that's really hard to learn!" Even if it is hard to learn and takes time to master, the scheming (i.e. spacing) far outweighs the difficulty and is a huge net positive for Jimmy.
Play great the next game and the one after that(If we're fortunate to play one) thanks!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Hoping for all the Jimmy hate we can get out of the media this week. Need that fuel.

Originally posted by Antix:
Hoping for all the Jimmy hate we can get out of the media this week. Need that fuel.

You know it's coming full force!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Already know what media going to say
9ers have to rely on defense and running game'
jimmy is liability, if 9ers going to lose, it's going to be him

He just needs to play better because the Packers best and only chance to win is for Jimmy to struggle. He's just as capable of giving the game away or winning the game. Time to step up and be the man. I believe he will step up
[ Edited by Ark49er on Jan 12, 2020 at 10:03 PM ]

Weird, I mostly see Jimmy love out there?
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Jimmy's not a top tier QB, imo. 2 tier top game manager.

That's hilarious. Jimmy has all the tools to be a top shelf QB, and has shown that capability to us multiple times. Just stop, you're trying way too hard.

He was definitely being sarcastic.

No I wasn't. There are probably 8 or 10 QBs I would take over him. That's not bad. He's good, but I think he's heavily reliant on KS. Again, not a dis.

Only QB I take over Jimmy right now in a big game is Mahomes. That's it. Dude has been Brady/Montana in clutch moments. He has "IT" and that is the number one trait I want out of my QB.

This is the playoffs now so we will see if he has that same ability in this setting. His first game left some to be desired as he was off on a few throws but he got us a lead quickly and had two drops from Bourne and one from Kittle. So without those drops he is 14-19 for about 160 yards with 1TD and 1INT in a game he wasn't relied upon to be great. Whenever we have needed him to be great he has usually come through.

We will need him to be great in the Super Bowl. If he is we will hoist #6.
Share 49ersWebzone