LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 298 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Job number 1 of a QB, execute/run the offense. Jimmy doing that doesn't make him a lesser QB, scramble drills are nice, but would you rather have a QB who stands in the pocket, makes quick accurate throws, and occasionally has a nice improv, or a guy who has to run for his life to make a throw off script (aka Wilson)

I guess it's preference. If executing an offense (or scheme as you said it) then was Montana anything more than a game manager? What about Brady?

If your asking if I would take Wilson over Jimmy, it's not even a question. Wilson might be the best QB in the league.

And you're right, there are many variables that go into a QBs success. I think Jimmy is a talented Qb, but Kyle makes him better than he is. The space Kyle schemes for his TEs, WRs and RBs is pretty insane. Then you add in their yac ability. You probably saw the stat yesterday that we have the least yards per pass (6. Something), but the most after catch (6. Something). All that adds up to 13 plus yards a pass play, but a lot of it is by great design and yac.

And by sexy as fu** quick slant throws by Jimmy. This is his best throw and his throws give yac for Deebo and Sanders on those routes.

So Walsh made Montana better than he was and Montana was the GOAT. I'll take the shiznet all damn day. Montana and Brady were ELITE game managers who were the most clutch QBs of all time. If developing further into an elite, gun slinging game manager and elite in clutch moments are Jimmy's attributes I'll take that all day long and we are going to win a couple Super Bowls with him.
[ Edited by Ezekiel38 on Jan 12, 2020 at 10:19 PM ]
  • thl408
pancakin LBs diving head first for fumbles. That's our QB.
Originally posted by thl408:

Unlike this guy...
[ Edited by John_Candy on Jan 12, 2020 at 11:09 PM ]

That's our QB!!

This is great. He really knocked over Anthony Barr.

Put that fool on his ass lmao
Originally posted by John_Candy:

Unlike this guy...

dam we going deep lol
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by John_Candy:

Unlike this guy...

dam we going deep lol

I mean, both plays happened at Levi's.
Jimmy G should shoot his shot @ laura britt

I mean she already got the 49ers blood going through her veins but she need it "deep" in her
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jan 12, 2020 at 11:30 PM ]

That LB was like "ah he a QB he ain't gonna be physical.......oh f**k me I'm on my ass hope I don't end up on come on man"

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Jimmy's not a top tier QB, imo. 2 tier top game manager.

lol lamest take of the day. he's a gunslinger not a game manager.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
If your asking if I would take Wilson over Jimmy, it's not even a question. Wilson might be the best QB in the league.

And you're right, there are many variables that go into a QBs success. I think Jimmy is a talented Qb, but Kyle makes him better than he is. The space Kyle schemes for his TEs, WRs and RBs is pretty insane. Then you add in their yac ability. You probably saw the stat yesterday that we have the least yards per pass (6. Something), but the most after catch (6. Something). All that adds up to 13 plus yards a pass play, but a lot of it is by great design and yac.
I agree with you. Now, you're not going to believe this, but there are people on this board who spin Shanahan's system as a shackle that Garoppolo has to deal with. "He's doing well, in spite of playing in a complicated system that's really hard to learn!" Even if it is hard to learn and takes time to master, the scheming (i.e. spacing) far outweighs the difficulty and is a huge net positive for Jimmy.

Kyle + Jimmy >>>> Wilson + Cheat Carroll.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by theduke85:

I agree with you. Now, you're not going to believe this, but there are people on this board who spin Shanahan's system as a shackle that Garoppolo has to deal with. "He's doing well, in spite of playing in a complicated system that's really hard to learn!" Even if it is hard to learn and takes time to master, the scheming (i.e. spacing) far outweighs the difficulty and is a huge net positive for Jimmy.

Kyle + Jimmy >>>> Wilson + Cheat Carroll.

Some people need to pay attention to all of Jonnydels YouTube clips and posts analysing things. It is very clear that some people have not
Originally posted by Thanos89:

That LB was like "ah he a QB he ain't gonna be physical.......oh f**k me I'm on my ass hope I don't end up on come on man"

A man's man
Reunion this Sunday

Share 49ersWebzone